May'n in concert at AFA 2008, Singapore

drifand

i'll be there. still on the fence though about the VIP tickets. girlfriend wants to come along to see what all the fuss is about, so 2 VIP tics is an expensive date. and i'm not really an autograph person. i usually just pay a premium to guarantee seats and avoid lines.

is there a possibility that people with regular tickets won't be allowed in for some reason?

Well yeah, it's a bummer but it looks like the organizers are milking the meet & autograph session for maximum profit. You could still opt for the $68 tix... it will get you through the door faster AND give a chance of 20-in-300 of getting to meet May'n as well.

The way my cousin explained it to me, these kinds of prices are absolutely impossible to get in Japan. She attended a L'arc en Ceil performance once at a Canadian convention and she paid only 35USD... much to the chagrin of her friends in Japan. Because, back in Japan, concert tickets go out first to the band's fan club (at already very high prices), with only 'leftovers' for public sales. So... the way I see it, the $118 I spent wasn't that expensive :-)

I'm going ^_^ for S$5.

btw I have checked the website a few times but didn't get any info on the S$5 ticket, I know we have to get the $5 ticket on the venue itself, but will the ticket be sold out fast? There are 380 tickets for the VIPs, but how many for $5 tickets? May'n sings at 7pm, I hope we don't need to be there early in the morning to queue for purchase of $5 ticket. :huh:

I'm going ^_^ for S$5.

btw I have checked the website a few times but didn't get any info on the S$5 ticket, I know we have to get the $5 ticket on the venue itself, but will the ticket be sold out fast? There are 380 tickets for the VIPs, but how many for $5 tickets? May'n sings at 7pm, I hope we don't need to be there early in the morning to queue for purchase of $5 ticket. :huh:

I think if you're keen to attend, you should do the 'pre-register' thing. Don't know exactly how that would help to speed things up at the door but it can't hurt, I suppose. I wonder if the organisers will insist on people filling up their particulars for a 1-day pass, BUT if they do, then the pre-registered folks would just have to give their ID no and collect theirs.

Well yeah, it's a bummer but it looks like the organizers are milking the meet & autograph session for maximum profit. You could still opt for the $68 tix... it will get you through the door faster AND give a chance of 20-in-300 of getting to meet May'n as well.

The way my cousin explained it to me, these kinds of prices are absolutely impossible to get in Japan. She attended a L'arc en Ceil performance once at a Canadian convention and she paid only 35USD... much to the chagrin of her friends in Japan. Because, back in Japan, concert tickets go out first to the band's fan club (at already very high prices), with only 'leftovers' for public sales. So... the way I see it, the $118 I spent wasn't that expensive :-)

Well L'arc En Ciel is an A-list band....and their concerts are super spetacular. Comparatively, May'N....isn't quite A-list, and not to mention this is not a full concert but a concert in a con limited to only 7 songs. The differences between the two more than justifies the price of the tickets. If this was a full on 1 hour ++ Macross F Concert i'll be more than willing to pay the ticket price. Actually i might STILL pay for the concert tickets if I was a Singaporean but unfortunately I'm not and most of the money has to go to accomodation and transportation down there. :( It saddens me that the organisers are charging money for her signatures and handshakes.

Anyway, whoever in Singapore wants to meet up with some Malaysian Macross fans, we should arrange for some dinner/supper/beer either on Friday or Saturday night? I think Izzyfcuk is interested too.

Again, no idea on the backing band... but I'm keeping my expectations relatively low. If she performs at LEAST as lively as the end-titles sequence in Macross F's latter episodes, then it would be well worth the front row seats. :-)

What I'm also hoping for is that the sessions with Koji Morimoto and K. Ohkawara will include autograph sessions... just hope they're obliging to fans.

Anyway, whoever in Singapore wants to meet up with some Malaysian Macross fans, we should arrange for some dinner/supper/beer either on Friday or Saturday night? I think Izzyfcuk is interested too.

Count me in... we should go to a Nyan Nyan-style place :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm game, but I don't think there's a 'Nyan Nyan' equivalent close to Suntec City... unless you're serious about the Maid Cafe at CHIJMES :-)

Otherwise, a good spot would be the Xin Wang HK-cafe at Marina Square... good for light bites and chit chat.

I'll be bringing my copy of Koji Morimoto's 'ORANGE' art book on Sat. Still unsure if I should bring something by Ohkawara...

What time is better? Meet in Sat morning and then collect tickets together? Or meet on Sunday before the concert? Lunch maybe?

I'm game, but I don't think there's a 'Nyan Nyan' equivalent close to Suntec City... unless you're serious about the Maid Cafe at CHIJMES :-)

Otherwise, a good spot would be the Xin Wang HK-cafe at Marina Square... good for light bites and chit chat.

I'll be bringing my copy of Koji Morimoto's 'ORANGE' art book on Sat. Still unsure if I should bring something by Ohkawara...

What time is better? Meet in Sat morning and then collect tickets together? Or meet on Sunday before the concert? Lunch maybe?

I think we should do dinners either saturday or sunday. Before and during lunch will be tough since there will be a chaotic queue and finding ppl will be tough. (especially me since i'll be blitzing to get some exclusive figures and stuff) My Sg number is +65 94496431... active only on friday to sunday.

OK, let's make it dinner on Sat night. Tentatively 7pm depending on actual timings for talks etc (the organizers are really slack for not publishing proper schedules)... My number is 96986095. See you there!

Sat 7pm has the concert by Ichirou Mizuki....i suppose you guys are not interested in attending that one?

http://www.afa08.com/mizuki.htm

Sat 7pm has the concert by Ichirou Mizuki....i suppose you guys are not interested in attending that one?

http://www.afa08.com/mizuki.htm

Damn, I guess we'll have to meet later.

BTW, the friend that was going w/me to the concert might not make it, so I might have a Diamond VIP ticket available in case anyone is interested (I'll know tomorrow for sure).

I don't think filming is allowed... I'm actually concerned that they might not let us in with cellphones.

Anyone bringing Digital Camorder for May'n Concert? Filming is allow isn't it?

Definately not. I'm not even sure if those with press tags get to go in with cameras or not.

BTW, the friend that was going w/me to the concert might not make it, so I might have a Diamond VIP ticket available in case anyone is interested (I'll know tomorrow for sure).

I don't think filming is allowed... I'm actually concerned that they might not let us in with cellphones.

If you're gonna give it away for free, i don't mind taking it off your hands. :D

Please let us know if your friend is not going :) !

Please let us know if your friend is not going :) !

Confirmed, she cannot make it <_<

So, I have a spare ticket that I'll pick up early tomorrow... please PM me if interested, price negotiable.

And what time r we meeting on Sat? there's no consolidated schedule for AFA available is it?

And what time r we meeting on Sat? there's no consolidated schedule for AFA available is it?

Precisely. Those !@#$ slackers! I didn't even know about the other concert until 2 days ago... I mean those who registered for the 2-day pass gave their emails, right? Not that difficult to put them on a mailing list and inform everyone as schedules firm up. Duh.

And look at the 'Toys Exclusives' page: Anyone spot the 'autograph with K Ohkawara' offer? Yes? Well, it's sold out at Takashimaya. And they didn't update the info. >(

Anyway, back on track: How about after the concert? More like supper, ya? Xin Wang cafe is 24-hours... and there are plenty of eateries at Marina Square in case the queues are long.

Precisely. Those !@#$ slackers! I didn't even know about the other concert until 2 days ago... I mean those who registered for the 2-day pass gave their emails, right? Not that difficult to put them on a mailing list and inform everyone as schedules firm up. Duh.

And look at the 'Toys Exclusives' page: Anyone spot the 'autograph with K Ohkawara' offer? Yes? Well, it's sold out at Takashimaya. And they didn't update the info. >(

Anyway, back on track: How about after the concert? More like supper, ya? Xin Wang cafe is 24-hours... and there are plenty of eateries at Marina Square in case the queues are long.

After the concert sounds ok to me!

BTW, last call.... Diamond VIP ticket ... anybody interested? It includes the entrance to AFA by the way

Edited by GGemini

Tangentially related: I was at the Anime Festival Asia 2008 today (Suntec Convention Centre, Singapore), and took some photos.

You can take a look at them here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1848...mp;id=797115180

Unfortunately will not get to see May'n tomorrow - my bar exams start on Monday!

(Mods, if this is the wrong thread, please do the necessary. Much obliged!)

Nice! Wish you could be here for May'n tonight... Did that sound wrong? XD

Anyway, managed to meet up with Wolfx, GGemini and a few others fans who travelled down from Malaysia for drinks after Mizuki Ichirou's fantastic performance. Never expected to yell out "MAZINGAAAAAA ZEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" so much!

Other first day highlights for me:

- Meeting Koji Morimoto in the flesh and getting his autograph. He was using only white markers at first but I lent him my black marker to sketch when he decided to draw on a white page instead...

- Squeezing past Bandai's tight restrictions for Ohkawara's autograph session. Or at least my pal did, and managed to get my Votoms mini-poster signed. Heard he was happy to see something that wasn't just GUNDAM being appreciated.

- Spotting this lovely 'Yosei':

01.jpg

Will be returning in the afternoon for the cosplay parade and the MAY'N EVENT tonight!

Edited by drifand