Yamato 1/60 Q-Rau Reissue

CF18

meh, I would never pay full price for another yammie q-rau, especially considering how poorly it measures up to yamato's more recent offerings.

edit: actually, it measured up pretty poorly back when it was first released. I remember my first thought as I got it out of its box, "I paid how much for this?".

Personally I like the q-rau's... The articulation is not good, and there're not enough gimmicks, I agree. But it looks exactly what I expect from a Q-rau toy. When I look at them I feel content.

It goes with the new 1/60 series, which adds to the value.

Personally I like the q-rau's... The articulation is not good, and there're not enough gimmicks, I agree. But it looks exactly what I expect from a Q-rau toy. When I look at them I feel content.

It goes with the new 1/60 series, which adds to the value.

I like them too, but I agree that it's too expensive. I got a couple of them on clearance so I'm pefectly happy with them but at the retail price they should have a detailed cockpit and an articulated figure.

But I always think about what if this was 2004 and this was a resin kit instead, it'll be either 1/72 or 1/100 and over $300.

I still really want that green TV version though, especially with the Max TV1A coming out.

Seems kind of silly to me that both M & Ms are the same price even though the Max version doesn't have a pilot figure.

Back during their respective initial releases, the Max version was cheaper than the Milia version no doubt due to the exclusion of a pilot figure.

So why are they now charging the same price when one lacks an obviously sizable accessory?

If it was around $100-$120 and came with Max or Mira it would so be a buy for me even if it did not have much posebility. Otherwise it's kind of a pass. Would much rather have a Reguldor a Glaug even if they did not come with pilots.

Maybe I'll pick one up latter this year just to have one.

Is that confirmed?

I can't read the yamato page and the Overdrive page for the product states that it will be the same exact same toy as the one released in 2004 which would imply that everything that the toy included back then would also be included in this release. This seems misleading to me since there's no mention of the removal of the pilot if that is the case.

It would seem weird that they would redesign a box for a reissue. But maybe it's cheaper to do that and use the Max Qrau molds than to use the extra plastic. It doesnt matter anyway. You gotta have the CMs Millia if your willing to spend the extra cash on the Qraus. The figure that came with it is pretty hideous.

It would seem weird that they would redesign a box for a reissue. But maybe it's cheaper to do that and use the Max Qrau molds than to use the extra plastic. It doesnt matter anyway. You gotta have the CMs Millia if your willing to spend the extra cash on the Qraus. The figure that came with it is pretty hideous.

Hmm... I think CMS didn't issue a Milia figure? Yamato did.

CMS issued the Max...

cms issued a milia 3 figure pack

Correct. 2 heads (1 with helmet on, 1 with her long hair down), 1 helmet, 3 bodies (1 in wedding dress; 2 in pilot uniforms, 1 with hand on hip posing, 1 with hands posed as if piloting the Q-Rau) :unsure:

I think I'm right but feel free to correct me. Thanks. Anyway, guess it's time to visit my closet to see the figures again. It's been a while. :mellow:

And 9800yen for a Q-Rau is expensive. Probably will be on bargain soon. They aren't very popular the 1st time around. Only if Yamato had released the green TV version, I'll add a 3rd Q-Rau to my collection. ^_^

I just checked the box; it says both "Yamato" and "CMS". CMS made it; Yamato sold it.

And the Milia bundled is the same one in the 3-figure set too I think.

Out of the 3 Milia figures in the Yamato/CMS pack, only one fits into the Quedluun Rau, and that one is NOT the same as the one that came with the QRau. The one of the 3 that does fit from the Yamato/CMS pack is MUCH better than the one that came with the QRau. I have the first release Milia QRau (with figure included) and two sets of the Milia 3 packs.

I highly reccommend getting that milia 3 pack for people who like Milia. It is great and I got one of those sets for $15 from an ebay seller. Not sure if they are still that cheap.

Out of the 3 Milia figures in the Yamato/CMS pack, only one fits into the Quedluun Rau, and that one is NOT the same as the one that came with the QRau. The one of the 3 that does fit from the Yamato/CMS pack is MUCH better than the one that came with the QRau. I have the first release Milia QRau (with figure included) and two sets of the Milia 3 packs.

I highly reccommend getting that milia 3 pack for people who like Milia. It is great and I got one of those sets for $15 from an ebay seller. Not sure if they are still that cheap.

Thanks for the info! I just assumed that the "pilot trance" milia are the same. Didn't imagine they have 2 versions for this...

• 8 months later...

I'm about 5 years late to the party on this, since I just recently acquired my first Q-Rau...the Max version. But for the mecha that it represents, I have to admit that it's pretty spot-on. The absence of a pilot figure with the Max Q-Rau isn't really a big deal to me, but I do like the way Yamato was able to get the interior of the battle suit as close to anime-accurate as possible without going overboard with hundreds of the blood vessel-like wires surrounding the pilot. The Gold Book even goes so far as to show that some of these wires attached to control rings that fit over the pilot's fingers. No, it doesn't transform...but none of the original TV/DYRL enemy mecha ever did. The only possible improvement that could be made would be giving the hips slightly more articulation and no parts-swapping on the lower missile pods, but aside from that, this toy is damn-near as perfect a representation of the Q-Rau as we could ask for. The smooth organic design of this particular mecha lends to its rather plain appearance compared to a VF-1 or Destroid...but that's how it appears in DYRL.

I may be in the small minority here, but my Q-Rau doesn't (yet) suffer from the "Floppy Mess Syndrome" that I've heard so many others have complained about. Well, the head WAS a bit loose, but that was easily fixed. The legs, and arms on this one are all very tight...and a single drop of Super Glue tightened up the head unit. The fingers on the hands were surprisingly tight. I had read somewhere that the hands are usually two of the floppiest things on the Q-Rau. Personally, I like this toy...

Honestly, I can't see what else Yamato could have possibly done with this mecha design-wise. I think this may be a prime example of anime magic not transferring very well to a 3D version of a mecha.

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

I really wish they would do a green one so I could get 2 or 3. Why not throw in a Chlore and Emilia repaints while they're at it.

Or at the very least, a "Basic Grunt" repaint from DYRL. All that would have required is recasting it in shades of purple with no retooling of the design whatsoever.

queadluun-rau-dyrl.gif

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Well yamato could do a bunch of non-canon ones. Maybe a green qrau but left as DYRL version of the mecha? (doesn't look like they want to do the tv version)

It would be like the 1/48 vf-1 brownie release which was tv series paint but dyrl head - ie a mix of the two.

They could include a generic female pilot in it instead of milia.

As for the purple one that would be a no brainer. Again they could do a new figure for it and have a generic female grunt in place of milia. (the girl who commits suicide in the movie after getting shot down when trying to run away?)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

these are old pics -

2-2.jpg

22.jpg

revy.jpg

revy4.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

revy2.jpg

7-1.jpg

yeah the custom is done, but due to problems not having room on the flight down to Brisbane for Mac Aus Con 09' the Millia Q-Rau and Revy/Millia custom

will not be shown till next year Mac Aus Con 2010'.

Beautiful.

Quick Question for you ruskii

Will the helmet fit on Revy's head? If so:

Where can i get that red helmet?

So here's a question...

With all the ire against the Yamato Q-Rau, what could Yamato do to create a V2 Q-Rau? The main body, head, and upper missile pods are perfect as-is. The arms and legs could be more anime-accurate. The arms are a tad too banana-shaped, leaving the forearm tri-blasters in a weird position. The legs, to me, could use a lot more hip and knee articulation as well. And yes, each and every variant should come with the appropriate pilot figure...

So what do you all think? Could a V2 Q-Rau be worth the hard-earned cash? Or would it end up a shelf-warmer similar to the original and the Destroids?

So here's a question...

With all the ire against the Yamato Q-Rau, what could Yamato do to create a V2 Q-Rau? The main body, head, and upper missile pods are perfect as-is. The arms and legs could be more anime-accurate. The arms are a tad too banana-shaped, leaving the forearm tri-blasters in a weird position. The legs, to me, could use a lot more hip and knee articulation as well. And yes, each and every variant should come with the appropriate pilot figure...

So what do you all think? Could a V2 Q-Rau be worth the hard-earned cash? Or would it end up a shelf-warmer similar to the original and the Destroids?

I'm very satisfied with my Q-Rau's. The sculpt looks 100% lineart accurate, I don't thinks there is much to do in that department.

I disagree that this toy is a total floppy mess. The problem only lies where the upper legs connect to the body. I DO accept the criticism that it makes the toy impossible to pose since it tends to fall backwards. But this problem is resolved with a quick fix.

EASY SOLUTION: the legs are connected to the body through a grey bar with two ball joints. First we have to unscrew that bar from the body. After that, both thighs need to be disassembled, in order to reach the balljoints and use nail polish on them. After the nail polish dried the upper legs can be reassembled and the floppy syndrome is completely gone!!!

I know that we are not supposed to fix a $90 dollar toy, but in ten minutes with a srewdriver and two drops of nail polish you get a completely posable toy (as posable as the design of this mech allows B)) )

I would want to see double joints on the knees for better leg posability. More movement on the skirt armor so the thigh can have more movement. The head to be worked out a little better so it's not just pegged on. A more detailed, high quality posable pilot figure (sub contract this out to have a revoltech figure if they have to) .