Macross Canned Bread

Dangard Ace

Wow that bread was delicious! it had bits of pineapple baked righ~ >ACK< *THUD*

:lol:

Ok, now time to bring you back to life...

Omae wa kaze ni naru nara

Hateshinai sora ni naritai

Hageshii amaoto ni tachi sukumu toki wa

Guitar o kakinarashi kokoro o shizumeyou

Come on people kanjite hoshii

Ima sugu wakanakute ii kara

Come on people inochi no kagiri

Omae o mamoritsuzukeru

My soul for you

Hm, let see... she is the singing voice for Aimo, Aimo ~ Tori no Hito, What 'bout my star, the Nian-nian song & Ninji-n Loves you yeah!

Megumi sang the rest.

^_^

I'm pretty sure Megumi sang all of that too.

Actually, after looking around, I'm pretty sure that "Ai" is simply the result of a few people mistranslating the credits.

Edited by d3v

:blink:

I think canned preserved pork/ham-byproduct is as far as my taste for canned foods will go.

confused-smiley-17425.gif

Ah yes...Awesome spam it is. Hawaii is a real magical place......musubi anyone?

I can just picure someone buying this bread thing and immediately do the nyan nyan dance after.

Or.....As bobbie might add:

Ninji-n loves you Yeeeeeeeeeeah OOOORRRRAHHHHHH!!!!!

Forget the canned bread, where's my Macross Canned Corned Beef!

Heck, they should just make the holy trinity of canned meat products: spam, corned beef, and Vienna sausages.

It'd be a veritable SMS (Spam, Meat (imitation), and Sausages) squad!

Sannae's bread + Akiko's jam :ph34r:

I lol-ed. :lol: That's a good one. I'd probably be frothing at the mouth with that one.

Heh, first time I read that I read it as: -

"Nah, it's supposedly because you can keep it in the panty longer than non-canned bread".

Graham

Dirty old man you. XD

Just when I thought I'd seen it all. I've actually had some good canned bread, but not with anime labels on it! I'm going to go put anime artwork on my canned beans so I can enjoy them more; or just sell them to MW members :lol: - MT

It's probably like panettonne (however you spell it). And that's some damned good sweet-canned bread.

That's exactly what I thought, they actually bake the bread in the can, just like fish, beans, etc...easy cooking and has longer shelf-life. The only difference is that Panetone is extracted out of the can prior to fancy packaging and shipping. These canned bread stay in the can until you open them at home. Hey, merchandising, you can put ANYTHING on packaging, be it attractive images of something that's NOT really inside, or anime characters!

Come to think of it, I believe you're right... ^_^

Ai/Megumi...the Kanji for the Senyu's name could be read Nakajima AI (中島 ), but she goes by MEGUMI...I am no expert in Japanese, but I understand "ai" means love, can anyone who really speaks Japanese explain why Megumi is an alternative "pronounciation" and what it means? By the way, and this really has nothing to do with bread anymore: Does Megumi Nakajima speak English? you know, her mom is Filipino, and in some of the songs, I hear some good English pronounciation.

Ai/Megumi...the Kanji for the Senyu's name could be read Nakajima AI (中島 ), but she goes by MEGUMI...I am no expert in Japanese, but I understand "ai" means love, can anyone who really speaks Japanese explain why Megumi is an alternative "pronounciation" and what it means? By the way, and this really has nothing to do with bread anymore: Does Megumi Nakajima speak English? you know, her mom is Filipino, and in some of the songs, I hear some good English pronounciation.

I'm not sure about her english, but I'm pretty sure she can speak Filipino. Actually, if she does visit her family here regularly, the she probably does also speak english.

Come to think of it...something interesting would be Nanase MILK, sorry, milk cartons with Nanase on them...or would David prefer "nightmares and dispair" in his milk?

That would unfortunately leave Gubaba* broke.

*the poster not the character from Macross7

I'm not sure about her english, but I'm pretty sure she can speak Filipino. Actually, if she does visit her family here regularly, the she probably does also speak english.

That would unfortunately leave Gubaba* broke.

*the poster not the character from Macross7

I more pictured Gubaba seeing Nanase on the side of a milk carton and going into a panic.

:lol:

Ok, now time to bring you back to life...

Omae wa kaze ni naru nara

Hateshinai sora ni naritai

Hageshii amaoto ni tachi sukumu toki wa

Guitar o kakinarashi kokoro o shizumeyou

Come on people kanjite hoshii

Ima sugu wakanakute ii kara

Come on people inochi no kagiri

Omae o mamoritsuzukeru

My soul for you

* Dreamweaver floats in front of Isamu and magically makes the canned bread go from being lodged in his throat to his tummy....that's where the vajra communicate from...and they say they like Ranka and Sheryl's canned bread!

Come to think of it...something interesting would be Nanase MILK, sorry, milk cartons with Nanase on them...

Massive stone monuments have been built in honor of lesser ideas than this. You are a shining light of creativity in a land of unreason. ^_^

I more pictured Gubaba seeing Nanase on the side of a milk carton and going into a panic.

No, just buying a bunch of them and stacking them up in my kitchen when I finish them...just like I did in college with beer bottles.

Actually, I don't really need Nanase milk. I'd be happier with Nanase tuna buns.

Massive stone monuments have been built in honor of lesser ideas than this. You are a shining light of creativity in a land of unreason. ^_^

The idea just came down tumbling from the sky, like the SDF-1...Honest: the moment I punched "add reply" the word "gubaba" flashed before my eyes

*or course not the furry rodent on Mylene's shoulder, but you, our fellow MW'er!

Ai/Megumi...the Kanji for the Senyu's name could be read Nakajima AI (中島 ), but she goes by MEGUMI...I am no expert in Japanese, but I understand "ai" means love, can anyone who really speaks Japanese explain why Megumi is an alternative "pronounciation" and what it means?

I don't speak Japanese, but I can answer you. Basically, the kanji used for names can have several pronunciations. To complicate things further, tha same name can be written in several ways.

愛 as a name can be read as Aika, Aya, Izumi, Erina, Kanae, Konomu, Sara, Chigiri, Tsugumi, Naru, Nozomi, Hikari, Madoka, Megumi, Yuki, Yoshiki, or many other ways.

By contrary, Megumi can be written as 恵久実, 愛実, 恵女, 瑪紅美, 愛来未, 愛幸, 祝, 井, 恵, or many other ways.

FV

• 2 weeks later...
I don't speak Japanese, but I can answer you. Basically, the kanji used for names can have several pronunciations. To complicate things further, tha same name can be written in several ways.

愛 as a name can be read as Aika, Aya, Izumi, Erina, Kanae, Konomu, Sara, Chigiri, Tsugumi, Naru, Nozomi, Hikari, Madoka, Megumi, Yuki, Yoshiki, or many other ways.

By contrary, Megumi can be written as 恵久実, 愛実, 恵女, 瑪紅美, 愛来未, 愛幸, 祝, 井, 恵, or many other ways.

FV

Thanks, now I have definitely felt the complexity of the issue...

In Japanese this kind of canned bread is referred as pain-can (pain as in the french word for bread), i.e. "pan-kan". The title written on the MacrossF can is "bu-do-kan", which is a play for name of the concert venue, Budokan, as the kanji for a can (kan) and for a hall (kan) sound the same. I suspect this item is only sold at this concert?

I actually grabbed 2 of these cans when I had the chance to go to the concert last week. Not sure if I will want to open the cans though. I still have 2 years to decide, the expiry date is Oct 2010!