New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

well, i finally got it yesturday, been playing it all weekend so far. man, this game leaves me speechless! a decent/pretty good macross game!!! (that's like, unheard of!)

for some reason, i keep playing level 1 over and over and can only manage a "A" ranking. i think my problem is my accuracy...

try not to get any damages then you would achieve a "S" rank. And yes a higher hit rates also helps.

can some one please explain dyrl stage one to me? i have no idea what you are supposed to do. i know you are supposed to fly to the south part of the island but it keeps on saying the area is over. are you supposed to follow focker around? when the attack begins, what is that purple target thing. thanks!

can some one please explain dyrl stage one to me? i have no idea what you are supposed to do. i know you are supposed to fly to the south part of the island but it keeps on saying the area is over. are you supposed to follow focker around? when the attack begins, what is that purple target thing. thanks!

Just kill everything, and then fly to the target. Actually, I dont even think you need to fly to the target, just kill everything.

can some one please explain dyrl stage one to me?  i have no idea what you are supposed to do.  i know you are supposed to fly to the south part of the island but it keeps on saying the area is over.  are you supposed to follow focker around? when the attack begins, what is that purple target thing.  thanks!

Just kill everything, and then fly to the target. Actually, I dont even think you need to fly to the target, just kill everything.

just fly in the same direction as Roy (ahead or behind does not matter), after a few seconds you find some Q-raus, after you defeat them, you would be able to see the Meltran's battlecruiser appearing, you would have to destroy its main gun in the centre of the battleship before accomplishing your mission.

Anyone know where to buy the new game?

I got my copy from Play-Asia.com being a first time customer I was a bit aprehensive. But little to my suprise the package arrived (from Hong freaking Kong no less) in five days. I was definitely satisfied. B))

Wow, just heard about this on a US game site and instantly knew you guys here would have the scoop. Sure enough; a bunch of you are already playing it and loving it.

Now I'm jealous and don't think I'll be plopping down $100 to own this :( I haven't read through every post but I'd like to mention that back when Robotech Battlecry came out and was disapointing at least it helped raise the bar for Macross/Robotech games. See what can be accomplished in the hands of the right developer? Is there any chance of this game coming to the states either through a deal with Harmony Gold or otherwise?

While I agree that the original macross Digital Mission VFX was a steaming pile of dog poo, the sequel 'VF-X2', was pretty good IMO. It had a great story and pretty good gameplay. It's definitely in my top 5 favorite Playstation games along with Armored Core, Bushido Blade, Ace Combat 2 & Macross Plus Game Edition.

I know this is opinion and all, but the mere fact that you include Macross Plus Game Edition in your top five Playstation games should preclude you from judging whether VF-X2 was any good or not.

can some one please explain dyrl stage one to me?  i have no idea what you are supposed to do.   i know you are supposed to fly to the south part of the island but it keeps on saying the area is over.  are you supposed to follow focker around? when the attack begins, what is that purple target thing.  thanks!

just fly in the same direction as Roy (ahead or behind does not matter), after a few seconds you find some Q-raus, after you defeat them, you would be able to see the Meltran's battlecruiser appearing, you would have to destroy its main gun in the centre of the battleship before accomplishing your mission.

sorry I think I got confused when I was posting my earlier post. I got mixed the movie first stage and a later stage when the Meltran's battlecruiser appeared. My appologies again.

I'm still trying to figure out what is the most important criteria for getting a high grade ('S' or 'A').

Is it completing the mission with a short a time as possible? Or is it having a high hit rate, or a low damage? Gah.....this is making me frustrated. IMO, it seems to vary from mission to mission.

There have been missions were I've taken little or no damge, completed the mission quickly, got a hit rate above 30% but still only got a B or C.

Thoughts, theories?

Graham

I'm still trying to figure out what is the most important criteria for getting a high grade ('S' or 'A').

Is it completing the mission with a short a time as possible? Or is it having a high hit rate, or a low damage? Gah.....this is making me frustrated. IMO, it seems to vary from mission to mission.

There have been missions were I've taken little or no damge, completed the mission quickly, got a hit rate above 30% but still only got a B or C.

Thoughts, theories?

Graham

It's been a week since the last time I played the game, but the last time I was, I was playing the hell out of P-01 and was at the point where I was consistently getting an A score (haven't gotten an S yet). Everything whether it be your damage, time remaining, targets hit, accuracy, otherwise saying EVERYTHING seems to add up.

I've managed to get 5 or 6 'S' grades so far, but there are times like last night when I was playing, when I really burn through the stages, waste all the enemy ultra fast, take very little damage and still get a bloody 'B' or 'C' grade only :angry:

Am I just crap, or do you guys who have got 'S' grade on every stage have superhuman reflexes or something?

Well, I'm putting it down to my old age (34) and that I'm only an extremely casual gamer. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! B))

Graham

I've finished all of the promethius levels with "S" grades. The most difficult was the first level and the second most difficult was the last level.

For the first level I found that only a perfect health score will do. To do this I first ran around in battroid killing the pods one by one. THen went to gerwalk and destroid all of the airborn pods before the glaug arrives. As soon as the glaug arrived I hit fighter mode a got away (put the macross at your back and fly to the left most corner away from the macross...there are good size building there to hide behind that can take some damage) Now change to gerwalk, lock on, rise up and fire your large missles till they are gone or they aren't hitting anymore then switch to small. Duck behind building b/w vollys. If your building gets destroyed find a new one in another corner of the map via fighter mode.

For the last level, just do your best on the first parts killing everything. Try to use battroid mode by locking on and firing while strafing (most of the missles fired on you will miss in space if your strafing and firing). Get to the ship destroying part and use your nukes. Must have no damage to get S score.

Anybody had any luck with the A-6 and A-8 levels. THey are the only levels I dont' have an S on.

I also got all S on the TV levels. Just a while ago, started trying to get all S on the Movie stages. So far S on the first ARMD level.

I agree with jwinges, The hardest Prometheus level is the 1st stage. Managed to get an S by hiding behind buildings in GERWALK mode. Locking into the Glaug, then rising up to release missiles then hiding again. Though I finished the stage with very little damage. :)

BTW, I still have 3 cards to chase.

I've managed to get 5 or 6 'S' grades so far, but there are times like last night when I was playing, when I really burn through the stages, waste all the enemy ultra fast, take very little damage and still get a bloody 'B' or 'C' grade only :angry:

Am I just crap, or do you guys who have got 'S' grade on every stage have superhuman reflexes or something?

Well, I'm putting it down to my old age (34) and that I'm only an extremely casual gamer. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! B))

Graham

I think another criteria to meet is that your hit rate must be high as well, you must not waste your missles....but as long as the combination of low damages, high hit rates, high kills, finishing the game in good time resulting in a score of 40,000 and above would normally get you a "S".

Regards

I managed to get an 'S' in P1 by defeating the Glaug using battroid mode only. I also used the hide behind the building trick as well, combined with the good old 'strategic withdraw', otherwise known as "Run Away, Run Away"!

Graham

"strategic withdraw" LOL. :lol:

I have 13 S rankings right now only, mostly in the TV series. A few in the movie section. I found that very little damage or no damage helps for an S ranking. Hit% helps too but on one mission I had a 74% hit rate but the damage bonus was around 16000 so I only got an A. And on P 04 I only got a 15% hit rate but no damage and got an S.

Discovered by accident last night, an easy way to get an 'S' grade on the Prometheous 'Pin Point Barrier' stage which ensures the Macross takes no damage. I forget what the mission number is (P04 or P05?), anyway, the one where you have to shoot down the missiles fired from the Zentradi ship at the SDF-1.

Basically as soon as you get the mission update telling you to intercept the missiles, fly directly towards the Zentradi ship and land on it in Gerwalk mode. Then turn so that you are directly facing the SDF-1, but you are still standing on the back of the Zentradi ship. From this position, you can easily use your micro-missiles to shoot down all of the missiles without having to move around at all.

Graham

18?!?

That's positively stingy. I won't even want to play the game by the time I've managed that, let alone bother to use the pallet swap I've unlocked. I can't believe they give you the exotics like the Elint and the VF4 for doing nothing and the clones are the game's big secrets.

Ya I just unlocked Max and Hikaru VF-1S's tonight. I think by the time I get Roy, I will have had enough of this game and go back to Castlevania or NASCAR...lol. I have to get S's on the last two stages of the movie section...

I just finished digging the old PS1 dual analog joystick out of the attic (this one)

1770720_med.jpg

I had bought it years ago solely because VF-X1 supported it.

But, much to my dissapointment, it isn't compatible with the PS2 game :(

Which is a real shame... because I'm convinced that it would be the perfect controller for this game!

We all know that battroid and gerwalk modes are nearly impossible to fully control because you'd have to use both analog sticks AND the buttons. It's physically impossible. But the dual analog joystick has the L and R buttons on the left stick, and everything else on the right stick. Just about everything you need would be at your fingertips!

The trigger is square (gunpod), the right thumb button is O (missiles), and X and triangle are the left thumb and pinky buttons (thrust and brake). On the left stick, L1 and R1 (yaw) are the left and right thumb buttons, and L2 and R2 (transform) are the trigger and pinky buttons. Not an entirely perfect arrangement, but I think it'd be fairly ergonomic.

I can see only two flaws with this scheme... The big one is that there's no L3 button (necessary to go down in battroid mode). Also, it would be better if the left and right sticks were swapped. It'd be a little akward using the left stick as the primary one (though you'd be able to use the right as the primary in battroid mode)

If I had a spare PS2 pad lying around, I'd be tearing this thing apart right now, swapping the electronics to make it a PS2 controller. :)

How do you get an S rank in the last ARMD stage?

I managed to finish the first two parts with perfect health. Its with the duel with Badolza where I mess up. :angry: It's so impossible to finish Bodolza with perfect health.

HELP! :(

How do you get an S rank in the last ARMD stage?

I managed to finish the first two parts with perfect health. Its with the duel with Badolza where I mess up. :angry: It's so impossible to finish Bodolza with perfect health.

HELP! :(

how do you complete the second part - curse my lack of understanding Japanese!