New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

Ya know, I'm betting that within 6 months to a year, Bandai will release a second Macross game by Sega-AM2.

I'm thinking that it will be a combined Macross Plus & Macross Zero game. We already know that Sega-AM2 have the models done for the YF-19, YF-21, VF-0S and SV-51.

Why a combined game? Well, Macross Plus doesn't really have much scope for more than a few missions (remember the old Playstraion MPGE game), so it sorta makes sense to put the two OVAs together on one game. Hopefully, it will also have a two-player versus mode as well.

Graham

I'm thinking that it will be a combined Macross Plus & Macross Zero game. We already know that Sega-AM2 have the models done for the YF-19, YF-21, VF-0S and SV-51.

hey graham i never saw the screen shots of the yf and vf-0's can someone direct me to a link to this pic?

How about Macross Plus + Macross7 + Macross Zero?

I don't think there has really been a game dedicated to Macross7?

BTW, those screen shot must be from a pre-lease version of the game, because I don't recall such a menu screen. The screen where you can select fighter isn't like that...

It is a pity that they didn't include it in this game though (who knows, maybe it is, heh)

I also wonder what they're going to put in the game's guide when it is released... probably each stage's hints on getting S Rank? I hope there are still some secrets to be revealed...

(still working on unlocking the last 3 fighters, all of which are VF-1Ss I believe)

Man, this sucks, I bought this game with hopes of flying the VF-0! Not a big deal since its a killer game but still!! Hopefully its all still in there and you've got to use some crazy secret button combo to unlock it.

Anyone know where to get the sales figures for the game so far? I hope it makes enough so they make a second game like Graham said.

As for the guide book.. anyone going to scan it and translate it for us when they get their hands on it? :D

I've got the first of the guide books already, the one published by Softbank Publishing and released on October 24th. It's small (A5 size) and only 80 pages long. I don't think it gives away any secrets. It just basically explains the controls and has descriptions of the first few stages only for the TV and DYRL missions. It doesn't even cover the later stages. I get the feeling it was sorta rushed. And no, I am not scanning 80 pages! I'll scan the cover and maybe one or two internal pages for the MW book section when I get round to it.

Hopefully, the other guide book by Kadokawa Shoten which comes out on November 21st will be better.

Graham

Any one get any captures of the VF-4's transformation?

I think Sega-AM2 should remake all the VFX games and make a VFX3  :D

No, that line should just die out. Bad luck comes with that name.

While I agree that the original macross Digital Mission VFX was a steaming pile of dog poo, the sequel 'VF-X2', was pretty good IMO. It had a great story and pretty good gameplay. It's definitely in my top 5 favorite Playstation games along with Armored Core, Bushido Blade, Ace Combat 2 & Macross Plus Game Edition.

Graham

I think Sega-AM2 should remake all the VFX games and make a VFX3  :D

No, that line should just die out. Bad luck comes with that name.

While I agree that the original macross Digital Mission VFX was a steaming pile of dog poo, the sequel 'VF-X2', was pretty good IMO. It had a great story and pretty good gameplay. It's definitely in my top 5 favorite Playstation games along with Armored Core, Bushido Blade, Ace Combat 2 & Macross Plus Game Edition.

Graham

I agree. I had no problems at all with VFX-2. i still think it's a great game, with some pretty damned good graphics for the PS1.

I'm actually thoroughly disappointed with the gameplay of the Armored Core series after the original, and think that VFX-2 is the best mecha action game on the system (Front Mission 3 being the best overall mecha game, but it's a turn-based strategy game).

Hi Guys,

I was playing this "movie" mission, where there is a cutscene where the "Appolo" team went into a Zentradi's battleship. After the scene, you pilot a battroid through the various chambers in the battleship, I made all the way to the end and then I am required to turn back to chase after a purple target indicator but I was blown to bits before I reach it. Anyone know what thats mission about, I do not remember any scenes in the DYRL simmilar to this mission.

Regards

You are playing as "Apollo Leader" who commands Apollo Team/Squadron... someone from Sega must have heard about me. B))

As for your problem, unfortunately it's been a few days since I last played the game so I can't help you there. :mellow:

BTW, for those who go with the fliptop modification, I would recommend completely turning off your system if you are not using it for a while. The fliptop replacement case does NOT have that thin piece of aluminum inside like the original system case which is probably designed to disapate the heat from the idoling system so it doesn't remain concentrated in one part of the case.

BTW, for those who go with the fliptop modification, I would recommend completely turning off your system if you are not using it for a while. The fliptop replacement case does NOT have that thin piece of aluminum inside like the original system case which is probably designed to disapate the heat from the idoling system so it doesn't remain concentrated in one part of the case.

Thin aluminum is almost universally used as an RF shield.

I'd worry more about it interfering with your TV reception.

Hi Guys,

I was playing this "movie" mission, where there is a cutscene where the "Appolo" team went into a Zentradi's battleship. After the scene, you pilot a battroid through the various chambers in the battleship, I made all the way to the end and then I am required to turn back to chase after a purple target indicator but I was blown to bits before I reach it. Anyone know what thats mission about, I do not remember any scenes in the DYRL simmilar to this mission.

Regards

You have to exit the ship before it blows up, i.e. before the time limit runs out. Not sure what the story behind this is supposed to be.

Graham

Hi Guys,

I was playing this "movie" mission, where there is a cutscene where the "Appolo" team went into a Zentradi's battleship.  After the scene, you pilot a battroid through the various chambers in the battleship, I made all the way to the end and then I am required to turn back to chase after a purple target indicator but I was blown to bits before I reach it.  Anyone know what thats mission about, I do not remember any scenes in the DYRL simmilar to this mission.

Regards

You have to exit the ship before it blows up, i.e. before the time limit runs out. Not sure what the story behind this is supposed to be.

Graham

In the Saturn game it looked like they did an ARMD version of the Daedalus Attack.

You have to destroy the Meltrandi ship. Hit it enough and Minmay will start singing, returning with the Zentradi just like in DYRL.

I figured that part out, but it won't show up as a target that I can lock on with missiles or gunpod.

I was wondering if you have to beat all the other ones first, but they just keep appearing.

Ok... I haven't really been following this thread all that much (or MW at that) so bare with me, if this has been addressed already. The lack of VF0, 19, 21 and SV51 intrigues me. Its lame to remove extras a few weeks before the game is released.... even for Bandai. Even if they were planning on releasing games that would make use of those models... removing them from the game a few weeks before release would be extra work and wouldn't make sense at all.

Now, I noticed something peculiar. The latest Gundam game "MS Gundam: Meguriau Sora" featured downloadable Mobile Suits. The God, Master, Wing Zero, Strike and Aegis Gundams plus the Tallgeese III were the units that could be downloadable. Considering they don't fit the setting of the game.... it makes a lot of sense.

Has anyone cared to look for downloadable content on the new Macross game? Considering the new units don't fit the setting at all, and that a sequel would only be planned if the game sold well, wouldn't it make sense to put those new valkyries as downloadable content?

So.... the Japan MWers.... anything? :huh:

Has anyone cared to look for downloadable content on the new Macross game? Considering the new units don't fit the setting at all, and that a sequel would only be planned if the game sold well, wouldn't it make sense to put those new valkyries as downloadable content?

So.... the Japan MWers.... anything? :huh:

That will really suck if the extra mecha are only available as downloads, as for those of us outside of Japan, it will probably be really difficult (or impossible?) to download :(

I would much prefer a second PS2 Macross game with the Mac Plus & Mac Zero Mecha. Hopefully, next time Sega-AM2 will add a 2 player vs. mode and also a speed gauge.

Graham

For those who got an S on P-06, can ya tell me how the heck you managed it? I swear i've played that stinkin level over and over, and the best I could manage is an A ranking. BTW, P-06 is the level where you use the GBP against a single ship.

S on P-06 was the biggest pain in the arse..EVER.

not only must you worry about the time but also your damage.

Best trick is to be easy on standard missiles. In that mission standards just lower your hit percentage as they always miss. You've got to use only mediums, and even then only let off the salvo when the Scout ship's back is towards you or risk having your missile blow up from gun fire. Try to keep enogh distance to avoid the scout ship locking onto you and lasering you to death, but close enough to use the gunpod. Use the left and right dodges like hell too :p

I've played that mission like a bllion times and got an S out of sheer luck (^_^) But I followed the above strategy to win the mission.

well, i finally got it yesturday, been playing it all weekend so far. man, this game leaves me speechless! a decent/pretty good macross game!!! (that's like, unheard of!)

for some reason, i keep playing level 1 over and over and can only manage a "A" ranking. i think my problem is my accuracy...