New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

Reading over the labeling on the case, the PS2 Swap Magic Discs are just for PS2 GAMES (either originals or backups) and not PS1 imports or import DVD movies. :( I should know tomorrow if my Macross game works. :)

TLW, is the Swap disc you are using, is that for PS1 games and are you using it on a PS1 or a PS2?

yea, i tried a copy of VFX-2 i burned, but i used the old fashioned way of swapping the disks (i actually used the machine's drive to do it) and i got the pink field and the stars freezing. i think it's the copy that i burned that's not wanting to respond.

i do have a problem with the slide card. I guess i'm not doing it right. i put it in like that (illustrated below) and i do it as the instructions say, but i dont "catch" anything so the thing comes out. can someone do a more thorough step by step than the instructions?

post-6-1067487151.jpg

action replay codes

http://www21.big.or.jp/~dram/cheatcode/ps2...s2_macross.html

Master cord/code

EC8782E0 1445F53C

Our machine invincible

1C862E34 0456E70D

1C8CA4CC 7A96D855

The missile it does not decrease

1C832F8C 1456E7A5

Beam CANON it does not decrease

1C834988 1456E7A5

Boost gauge it does not decrease

1CB293B8 DA56D7A3

Guard object "cat's eye" HP largest maintenance

1C82BF2C 5894E7A5

* When in the enemy after the capturing, it downs with the missile

It meaning that also the cat's eye explodes, you note

(1C$p) With L1+SELECT guard object "Æ’}Æ’NÆ’Æ’X" HP recovery

1CBF270C 1456D7BA

0CEE0D26 1456AC0B

1CBF270C 7874E7DD

* When the button is pushed in the surface other than Æ’}Æ’NÆ’Æ’X guarding, being to be also times when the enemy recovers you note.

Card collection full opening

1CB1C934 3855E7A6

1CB1C93C B495E731

Condition: You look at the card collection of PLAYER DATA

(1C$p) It returns to advance time 0 with R1+SELECT

0CEE0D26 1456B80B

1CAB61EC 1456E7A5

Being to have an influence on also event advance time, you note

Result at time of surface clearing

CLEAR TIME 0

1CC5FE4C 1456E7A5

HIT RATE 100%

1CC5FE50 21D6E7A5

NO DAMAGE

1CC5FE54 1456E7A5

* Also 3 cords/codes have an influence on score.

used http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Ahhhhhh..... this game is hard when your trying to get an S ranking its so hard not to lock all your missles on targets who are sitting ducks!! or fire off a gazillion rounds at moving targets... does anyone know a definate way to get a higher ranking? i just spent an hour trying to get a S ranking on mission A-3 with my highest being an A...i love the game but it can be frusterating!!! :)

I bought Castlevania a week or so ago...but I've been only playing Macross!! Without a doubt the best Macross game EVER...I suppose the Saturn DYRL comes in second.

I hope Sega will do more titles with the Macross license even if Bandai publishes them. Letting AM2 handle it was the best thing they ever did.

Something I noticed...the mission briefing screen's font and color...exactly like Ace Combat 04's...even the game screen's Target and distance font is exactly the same as Ace Combat 04's...intentional?

Was AM2's Aero Dancing's font like that of Ace Combat? I just can't recall. The similarity is uncanny.

Well, fresh from Famitsu, Macross sold 72,000 in it's first week, putting it in 2nd, behind Naruto. Pretty respectible showing, though I wouldn't expect to see any Gundam-style staying power. Watch for a drop to (my guess) 20-25% of that for next week.

The sad thing is, even with all the PS2's they've sold, the number of 1 million plus sellers on the PS2 is frighteningly low. I guess the SNES days might have really been the hey-day.

action replay codes

Master cord/code

EC8782E0 1445F53C

Our machine invincible

1C862E34 0456E70D

1C8CA4CC 7A96D855

1C832F8C 1456E7A5

1C834988 1456E7A5

1CB293B8 DA56D7A3

1C82BF2C 5894E7A5

1CBF270C 1456D7BA

0CEE0D26 1456AC0B

1CBF270C 7874E7DD

* When the button is pushed in the surface other than Æ’}Æ’NÆ’Æ’X guarding, being to be also times when the enemy recovers you note.

1CB1C934 3855E7A6

1CB1C93C B495E731

0CEE0D26 1456B80B

1CAB61EC 1456E7A5

CLEAR TIME 0

1CC5FE4C 1456E7A5

HIT RATE 100%

1CC5FE50 21D6E7A5

NO DAMAGE

1CC5FE54 1456E7A5

Will I be able to get these codes to work with a USA machine (no mod just Flip Top) and a USA Action Replay?

If not, will I need to get a Japanese machine and action replay to get it to work?

action replay codes

Master cord/code

EC8782E0 1445F53C

Our machine invincible

1C862E34 0456E70D

1C8CA4CC 7A96D855

1C832F8C 1456E7A5

1C834988 1456E7A5

1CB293B8 DA56D7A3

1C82BF2C 5894E7A5

1CBF270C 1456D7BA

0CEE0D26 1456AC0B

1CBF270C 7874E7DD

1CB1C934 3855E7A6

1CB1C93C B495E731

0CEE0D26 1456B80B

1CAB61EC 1456E7A5

CLEAR TIME 0

1CC5FE4C 1456E7A5

HIT RATE 100%

1CC5FE50 21D6E7A5

NO DAMAGE

1CC5FE54 1456E7A5

Will I be able to get these codes to work with a USA machine (no mod just Flip Top) and a USA Action Replay?

If not, will I need to get a Japanese machine and action replay to get it to work?

I tried the codes with my GS2, and they work... Swap magic user have to load up GS2/AR first, load & save the codes, then load there swap magic disc, then swap in your Macross game...

I started a new save with my other memory card, and got S rank in all missions using the codes... I am a bit disappointed, still no YF-19/21 or VF-0/SV-51 :(

I got my Macross game today. After two hours of straight gameplay, I will have to say that this is THE greatest Macross game EVER made! B)) Since I have all the US releases of AM2's Aerodancing games for the Dreamcast (Aerowings) and PS2 (Aero Elite), I immeadiately went into the options and set the controls to "NORMAL" and went with Type A... this way, the L1 and R2 buttons act as the rudders for yawing left and right like on a real plane (FINALLY... somebody put this feature in a Macross game!) while the L2 and R2 control transformation. Still getting use to the control schemes for Battroid and Gerwalk, but I am liking the way this game handles, looks, and sounds. One of the nice touches in the space levels is that that there are yaw/pitch jets on the wing tips (just like you would need for manueavering in space).

For those still contemplating getting the game, I would highly recommend it! :)

action replay codes

Master cord/code

EC8782E0 1445F53C

Our machine invincible

1C862E34 0456E70D

1C8CA4CC 7A96D855

1C832F8C 1456E7A5

1C834988 1456E7A5

1CB293B8 DA56D7A3

1C82BF2C 5894E7A5

1CBF270C 1456D7BA

0CEE0D26 1456AC0B

1CBF270C 7874E7DD

1CB1C934 3855E7A6

1CB1C93C B495E731

0CEE0D26 1456B80B

1CAB61EC 1456E7A5

CLEAR TIME 0

1CC5FE4C 1456E7A5

HIT RATE 100%

1CC5FE50 21D6E7A5

NO DAMAGE

1CC5FE54 1456E7A5

I tried the codes with my GS2, and they work... Swap magic user have to load up GS2/AR first, load & save the codes, then load there swap magic disc, then swap in your Macross game...

I started a new save with my other memory card, and got S rank in all missions using the codes... I am a bit disappointed, still no YF-19/21 or VF-0/SV-51 :(

Thanks for the info, my Flip top is coming tomorrow and I will try it then.

THANKS!! :)

Can somebody please use their digital camera to take a photo of the VF-4 on screen in all three modes. I really want to see it.

Graham

I'm sure you probably unlocked the VF-4 by now. But just in case you didn't this one's for you Graham.

VF-4 Battroid Mode

post-6-1067576584_thumb.jpg

Oooh! That looks so nice. Thanks for the pics UN Spacy.

Actually, I haven't unlocked the VF-4 yet. I haven't been able to play the game since last Sunday :( . I've been too busy this week with business dinners, birthday dinners and classes. Been getting home about midnight every night this week and just going straight to bed. Planning to have a marathon playing session this coming Sunday tho.

Graham

Alright. I've been playing for the last hour or two trying to get more Rank S'.

Prometheus Wing

1 - B

2 - A

3 - B

4 - S

5 - S

6 - S

7 - A

8 - B

9 - S

10- S

11- B

12 - C

ARMD Wing (ouch)

1 - B

2 - B

3 - D

4 - D

5 - C

6 - D

7 - D

8 - D

The last new Fighter I unlocked was Max's VF-1A (TV version)

I have five more slots to go.

Which missions do I need to get a Rank S in (to unlock the rest of the Fighters)?

Just started playing the game, and I was wondering, can you switch between fighter and battroid without going through gerwalk first?

Yes. I just found this out myself........you have to hit L2 + R2 at the same time. (surpassing the gerwalk mode).

Just started playing the game, and I was wondering, can you switch between fighter and battroid without going through gerwalk first?

Yes. I just found this out myself........you have to hit L2 + R2 at the same time. (surpassing the gerwalk mode).

I believe the tutorial mode explains this. :)

hi all,

Just started playing the game over the weekend, I keep getting blasted by missles, is there anyway I can

a) dodge them or

b) how I can shoot them down ?

Rgds

Dodging them is easier.

I generally just go to fighter, and hit the afterburners while doing a bunch of barrel rolls, and what-not.

hi all,

Just started playing the game over the weekend, I keep getting blasted by missles, is there anyway I can

a) dodge them or

b) how I can shoot them down ?

Rgds

a) to dodge them, in Fighter and gerwalk mode, push your control stick to the right and then quickly to the left or vice versa. You will know you did it right when the fighter/gerwalk does a barrel roll and shoots out Chaff.

In Battroid mode, either push control stick to right and then quickly to the left (to jet to the right or left in flight or barrel roll on the ground) or push control stick foward and quickly to the back or vice versa to barrel roll forwards or backwards.

b)to shoot them down transform into battroid mode, face the missles and hold on to the laser button.

Personally I prefer option a.

Hope this helps

Can someone please translate all the controls and put them here:

duh, edited:

i used to tutorial to figure out the controls. duh...

have been playing for 30 minutes now and it is AWESOME!

oh yea, I'm in the US and I am using the Swap Magic disc and it works fine (I have the flip-top mod)

so far, the ACTION REPLAY doesn't work, i'll have to try Gameshark 2.

well, my gameshark 2 v.2 doesn't work either.

any suggestions?

so far I haven't had any problems since they give me lots and lots of missiles.

Edited by Chowser

did anyone notice that on mission p-10(think its p-10) the one where the barrier system overloads and kills kakizaki that hikaru is in the wrong vf.... i havent seen the original series in a while but wasnt he flying the fockers 1s than his 1j in that episode?