New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

I can't view the movies at all, is there some way to download the whole thing without all this buffering with no picture and jumping from 85% complete too 55% and back up to 80% and such, I let it download for a half an hour, I got all the sound but there was no video feed at all...really annoying, wanted to see how the graphics look myself.

I don't think the graphics suck. I think the movies look back simply because of the encryption or whatever you call it... :blink:

I noticed two things:

1) In movie #6 where Graham had mentioned the flying Regults- If you'll notice, the curvature of the Earth is very pronounced, as well as the blue sky starts fading to black quickly. This could mean that this stage takes place in the uppermost levels of the atmosphere and that the Regults jump jets are strong enough to propel them in normal flight as they do in space. Just an idea.

2) In movie #8, which is basically a rehash of #1, we see what appears to be a VF taking off in space, but is it? If you'll notice, the VF seems to be taking off from the deck of the Prometheus (it don't look like an ARMD to me), which could indicate either A.) There's a night time mission on Earth (possibly vs. the Anti-UN forces [hope, hope :D ]), or B.) That the Prometheus and Daedalus play larger roles in this game...

Hmmm...

2) In movie #8, which is basically a rehash of #1, we see what appears to be a VF taking off in space, but is it? If you'll notice, the VF seems to be taking off from the deck of the Prometheus (it don't look like an ARMD to me), which could indicate either A.) There's a night time mission on Earth (possibly vs. the Anti-UN forces [hope, hope  ]), or B.) That the Prometheus and Daedalus play larger roles in this game...

It could be another Prometheus class carrier.... while I don't think it was an animation mistake, you can see a few of them in one of the earlier SDF Macross episodes. So it could be simply your fighter taking off from it before it was destroyed by that Zentradi attack.

Or even better.... it could be a second Prometheus on earth.... and you taking off from it before Earth was destroyed. We don't know for sure how the story will play out, so we don't know if Earth was already destroyed by the time the SDF 1 was back from Pluto.

Edited by Abombz!!

I can't view the movies at all, is there some way to download the whole thing

don't know, been trying to figure that out,

here are the stream links:

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros01_300k.wmv

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros02_300k.wmv

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros03_300k.wmv

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros04_300k.wmv

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros05_300k.wmv

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros06_300k.wmv

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros07_300k.wmv

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros08_300k.wmv

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros09_300k.wmv

anyone know how one can d/l these instead of streaming?

so far, all the websites that I can find just link to these stream only links.

im not really following this thread but when is this game gonna come out?

oh and vegas valkyrie,

just wanted to say that your avatar instills fear in my soul.

Why does it smile so widely? Only evil smiles like that...

reminds me of totoro... 

really? alot of people say that too, but i dont find my avatar freaky. i think he's cute :lol:

FINALLY!!!

Website is semi-completed:

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/macross/

Few interesting points:

There are 2 characters that I haven't seen... they are the in the bottom of the character screen. The last girl, I think is one of the operators on board the Macross... I could be wrong though.

In the Mechanics section, how come they only have image of Focker's valkyrie?? We can only control him? :p Also, his battroid looks funny... if you look carefully at the right hand, you'll notice that there is another smaller 'hand' beside it on the left (of the right hand), weird huh?

Also, in the main screen there is a picture of a battroid with its wings spread... how come it's so... SHORT?!

I sound like I'm complaining, but I'm actually excited that they begin to populate the website (after delaying for a month?!) - hope to see more stuff soon (like System and more info in other sections).

FINALLY!!!

Few interesting points:

There are 2 characters that I haven't seen... they are the in the bottom of the character screen. The last girl, I think is one of the operators on board the Macross... I could be wrong though.

In the Mechanics section, how come they only have image of Focker's valkyrie?? We can only control him? :p Also, his battroid looks funny... if you look carefully at the right hand, you'll notice that there is another smaller 'hand' beside it on the left (of the right hand), weird huh?

Also, in the main screen there is a picture of a battroid with its wings spread... how come it's so... SHORT?!

I sound like I'm complaining, but I'm actually excited that they begin to populate the website (after delaying for a month?!) - hope to see more stuff soon (like System and more info in other sections).

Those characters? My guess would be... the girl is the flight commander of your squadron, and the 2 guys are your wingmates.

As for the weird Focker Battroid.... easy.... its a group photo, but only his VF1 was cut and paste on the site. As for why only his.... because the site is probably not done yet.

On a side note.... it is really DYRL based after all. :)

I've got two words for you:

GBP Armor!!! (link)

I don't think those two guys are your squad-mates. IIRC, the patch on the left breast indicates which squadron the pilot flies in. Both of those guys have different patches (one's a longhorn and the other is something I don't recognize).

Ok... rivals then. :lol:

Another side note..... Kakizaki is nowhere to be seen. ^_^

Edited by Abombz!!

Eh, Fokker's unit with just Super FAST packs...?

If you ever get to play with it... I bet you can chose what type of FAST packs to carry. ^_^

That would be nifty. While a strike cannon is always sweet, nothing can beat the sure onslaught of missiles Macross-style.

What would be REALLY cool would be a fully customizable paintscheme and logos ala' Armored Core.

Hey, wasn't Shin Kudou's F-14 wing also called Purple?

Hate to rain on the parade here, but the callsign does not necessarily dictate the squadron. The real life Skull Squadron (Jolly Rogers) back when they were the VF-84 used "Victory *insert number here*" has their callsigns (they also used this, quite accurately, in the movie "The Final Countdown")... and often times, callnumbers were mission-specific unless I am mistaken.

FINALLY!!!

Few interesting points:

I have said that ,that 2 guy are in purple team, we are role play them (or one of them)

The girl is the operators of purple team on board the Macross

What would be REALLY cool would be a fully customizable paintscheme and logos ala' Armored Core.

yea! my VF-406 Hurricanes squadron could finally exist if they did that!

Who said anything about VF4s in the game? <_<:lol:

oops, i meant SVF-406 Hurricanes...

anyways, when u look at the character page for the red-haired chick, when u translate it, it goes something like: "Lieutenant junior grade of the English graduate.

From the Æ’}Æ’NÆ’Æ’XÆ’uÆ’Å Æ’bÆ’W to the prayer machine the aggressive controller which makes the indication.

Serious honor-student. The when not yet sand absent it serves in substituting and/or does chief controller."

(i Babelfished the page) basically the "chief controller" is Misa, and Sammy replaced Misa when Misa was taking a day off (very few and far between) or just plain gone from the Macross. That's why i said the red haired chick is Sammy.

Guys the new November 2003 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine just out today has some color squadron pics for the Longhorn(?) squadron from the new PS2 game.

The VF-1A is overall mostly purple with a white nosecone and the backs of the legs are also white.

The VF-1J is similar to Hikaru's TV VF-1J, but the stripes are purple instead of red.

The VF-1S is in normal VF-1S markings, with purple instead of the normal yell or red bits.

Anyway, will scan and post pics when I get home tonight.

Graham