New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

#1 and 7 are basically the same, just one is on Earth and one is in space.

#4 shows a great animation of the transformation from fighter to gerwalk to battroid

Roy Focker shows up at the tail end of #5.

I'm pretty sure (and hoping) that the bad quality is due to the video and not the actual game footage.

Looks dandy to me, either way. :)

And besides... it doesn't piss me off at all, ppl who are willingly ignorant and spread misinformation are just pathetic.  :)

You're just mad becuase you're a fanboy that doesn't realize that most people in the U.S. see it as Robotech not Macross, sorry that's the way it is and in order to sell it here you better call it robotech so that everbody who saw it as a kid will feel nostalgic and buy it

look man, i'm sorry but it seems you have a chip on your shoulder or something, but please, knock it off. all we are doing is ranting about our anger towards ignorant people on the magazines.

I apologize,what I'm trying to get at is that you're not being realistic, when trying to sell this product in the U.S. you have to call it Robotech or most people will not have a clue what the heck you're talking about because that's what kids here grew up with and that's the audience that magazine was geared toward

I agree.

As for the Hikaru paint scheme... gah! How the heck are they doing this then? Are they going to make a great mix up and tell the SDF story with DYRL designs or what? :blink:

Or is it just a paint scheme you unlock?

IIRC, the game is supposed to be based on events in the TV series, but uses mostly DYRL styling.

Graham

And besides... it doesn't piss me off at all, ppl who are willingly ignorant and spread misinformation are just pathetic.  :)

You're just mad becuase you're a fanboy that doesn't realize that most people in the U.S. see it as Robotech not Macross, sorry that's the way it is and in order to sell it here you better call it robotech so that everbody who saw it as a kid will feel nostalgic and buy it

There is no US release date, and even if released, I seriously doubt this game will be called Robotech when and if its released in the US. I honestly doubt BW would allow the game to be sold here under the name Robotech, its a Macross game after all. They used DYRL design to separate it from its SDF Macross roots.

I said it before and I will say it again.... its misinformation, it will confuse customers when they don't see Robotech on the cover of the game, there fore its pathetic. :ph34r:

When a casual fan who watched RT as a kid goes into a store, see the game called Macross, how will he react? He won't know what the game is, because all magazines adveertised it as Robotech. With out the recognizable name on the cover, the casual gamer will look at it, and just move on. Spreading misinformation will not sell this game.

P.S. I'm not mad. I find it very hard to get mad at something as trivial as a video game release. :)

Edited by Abombz!!

I agree.

As for the Hikaru paint scheme... gah! How the heck are they doing this then? Are they going to make a great mix up and tell the SDF story with DYRL designs or what? :blink:

IIRC, the game is supposed to be based on events in the TV series, but uses mostly DYRL styling.

Graham

I see. My question now is.... seeing the Strike Cannon in that poster.... will the game use the end of DYRL or will it be more like the TV version of the ending? :(

I agree.

Graham

I see. My question now is.... seeing the Strike Cannon in that poster.... will the game use the end of DYRL or will it be more like the TV version of the ending? :(

This is just my guess, but I'd assume they'll be using both, have the DYRL version of the Bodolza fight and use the serise ending with Kamujin taking the Macross's right arm off.

I agree.

Graham

This is just my guess, but I'd assume they'll be using both, have the DYRL version of the Bodolza fight and use the serise ending with Kamujin taking the Macross's right arm off.

That wouldn't work. Quamzin died, killed by Roy a few seconds before Roy died too in DYRL. :blink:

Did Haruhiku Mikimoto lend his talents to any of the Game Design? (like that poster with Minmay) :ph34r:

Egan Loo said something to the effect that the designs in the show were being based off already created designs, thus HAL won't be involed in this one, or at least not very much. Much in the same way Kawamori isn't involved in this one in regards to story because it's being based on material that has already been created.

I dunno how that works since it's supposed to be the "official" story of Space War 1, but hey, whatever...

That wouldn't work. Quamzin died, killed by Roy a few seconds before Roy died too in DYRL. :blink:

Well I'm assuming Roy was killed by Millia and Kamujin was running around with his own battalion, pissing the UN and Britai off. Then Bodolaz shows up, and Minmay sings DYRL as opposed to one of her albums, making the last fight with more of a DYRL tilt.

While the game looks great so far, there are a couple of minor thingsI've spotted in the movies that bother me: -

1) Regults flying in the atmosphere. Should not be possible. Space - yes, atmosphere - no.

2) Some of the cut sceen movies show the VF-1 with all 4 wing hardpoints carrying AMM-1 missiles, but the gameplay show a mix of AMM-1 and UMM-7.

Graham

Graham, I'm certain there is at least one scene in the TV series that shows Regults flying in the atmosphere. Somewhere near the very beginning of the series.

They can jump pretty high, but I don't recall seeing them flying.

Anybody else seen them fly or not?

Graham

Graham, I'm certain there is at least one scene in the TV series that shows Regults flying in the atmosphere. Somewhere near the very beginning of the series.

They can jump pretty high, but I don't recall seeing them flying.

Anybody else seen them fly or not?

Graham

I think you're right Graham, I only remember the Regults doing large jumps on in atmosphere.

Heck, even Battlecry didn't put flying Regults. ;):p:lol:

Minor gripes such as missile types and Regults in the air don't bother me if the game plays as good as it does. I mean, look at M3. Your gunpod was just a huge Hickory Farms Summer Sausage.

:D

Edited by Gaijin