Which Macross Frontier song is your favourite?

taksraven

What is your favourite song from Macross Frontier?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which song was your favourite?

• Welcome To My FanClub's Night!
    • What 'bout my star? (Sheryl On Stage)
    • Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late Sagittarius☆9pm Don't be late!
    • Triangler
    • What 'bout my star?@Formo
    • Aimo
    • Aimo ~Tori no Hito
    • Infinity
    • Diamond Crevasse
    • Northern Cross
    • Triangler (fight on stage)
    • Anata no Oto (アナタノオト, Your Sound)
    • Yōsei (妖精, Fairy)
    • Shinkū no Diamond Crevasse
    • Ai Oboete Imasu ka (Deculture Edition size)
    • Watashi no Kare wa Pilot -MISS MACROSS 2059
    • Lion
    • Neko Nikki
    • Nyan Nyan Service Medley
    • Ninjiin Loves you yeah!

Ok, here we go, the battle of the songs. Sorry that there was not enough space to include all of them, let us know if you like any of the songs that are not here. Have fun.

Taksraven

(Might do one on the orchestral music at a later date)

That was a really tough question, actually love the whole damn soundtrack. Funnier yet still, I'm listening to "Welcome to my fanclub's night" while answering," but there's just something special about "Iteza gogo kuji don't be late" that evokes Frontier, and not just because it was the first song we heard, and as much as I love every other song, that's still my top choice. Seikan Hikou being a close second :)

Hell, at this point a better poll would be "Frontier: Kanno's best soundtrack?"

Edited by Keith

Nyan Nyan Service Medley, a little bit of the good songs, even if it doesn't have all the good songs. :) That it contains Lion, Diamond Crevasse, Seikan Hikou, Watashi no kare wa pairoto, Ai oboete imasu ka, and Aimo, is a nice selection.

Pretty hard to pick one... with Northern Cross, Iteza Gogo, and Diamond Crevasse. May'n songs/voice is just soo good.

Voting for Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't be Late - felt more of a mecha battle song and (IIRC) Sagittarius is Alto's call-sign in NUNS, heh. Sheryl sings to Alto FTW.

What bout my star @Fomo.

It's the song that definitively made me fall in love with Ranka :) It's also the first song to have moved the Vajra and warmed their intestinal heart - although nobody seems to notice that part... :)

But the problem is - the two songs in Frontier that are TRULY the best are not ont he poll:

Totsugeki Love Heart :)

My Soul for You :)

And the best Macross Song of all - since I'm on a roll - is of course Angel Voice.

But Frontier does have a wonderful amount of songs.

And just so people don't think I completely dislike Sheryl - I really really love "Long, Long goodbye" - a very beautiful song.

Diamond Crevise, on the other hand, has GREAT sound.

Pete

I voted for Nyan Nyan Service Medley, simply because it gives me goosebumps whenever i hear it. the arrangement is amazing. 7 minutes of pure macross goodness.

and my favorite part? near the end when Sheryl singing Lion overlaps with Ranka singing Ai Oboetimasuka. hauntingly beautiful. :D

Northern Cross comes a close second. :)

Edited by dreamweaver13

Why, why? Why there is no 'All song is AWSOME!!!' button in that poll? :(:p

I like almost all the songs in MF. Some of the more memorable ones including Diamond Crevasse, Lion, Infinity, Triangler, Northern Cross, Sagittarius☆9pm Don't be late!, Ai Oboete Imasu ka, Welcome To My FanClub's Night! and Nyan Nyan Service Medley.

I picked "Lion," because it's a great opening song, but really, a lot of the songs are so high up on my list that picking just one is dependent almost entirely on how I'm feeling at any given time.

I'm actually kind of annoyed at the Nyan Nyan Service Medley, though...because now, whenever I listen to "Lion," I keep expecting to hear "Ai Oboeteimasuka" woven in with it...

I'm actually kind of annoyed at the Nyan Nyan Service Medley, though...because now, whenever I listen to "Lion," I keep expecting to hear "Ai Oboeteimasuka" woven in with it...

:D

Happens to me, too. In fact, I'm so confused by these two songs that I'm always expect a line or a note to appear when it's supposed to be from the another one.

I like Yousei the most. It's the oddball out in a way because it was kind of another turning point song for Sheryl and one that I think I closely align with her storyline and her changes as a character. I can't fit this into a duet in my mind or see it meshed with the medly of otherwise upbeat songs.

But - I must give credit to "Don't be Late". It's what sold me on the concept of pop and space opera from the very beginning. If it was a bad song, I don't know that I would have been so keen on continuing. Mind you, I'm not a Macross fan by any means, so I had nothing to fall back on except my impressions of that first episode.

What bout my star @Fomo.

It's the song that definitively made me fall in love with Ranka :) It's also the first song to have moved the Vajra and warmed their intestinal heart - although nobody seems to notice that part... :)

But the problem is - the two songs in Frontier that are TRULY the best are not ont he poll:

Pete

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. There was barely enough space to feature all of the appropriate songs so I made a decision to leave all of the Fire Bomber stuff out.

Taksraven

Thats hard to answer. :( If I had to choose though it would be Nyan Nyan Service Medley. It has a little bit of everything in it and in just the right amounts, so it's filling and yet light. Plus whenever I hear it now, I think of the Macross Quater using the Daedulous attack on Battle Galaxie's gun, and Battle Frontier Falco punching it, and naked astral projections of Sheryl and Ranka.Good times. ^_^

What bout my star @Fomo.

And the best Macross Song of all - since I'm on a roll - is of course Angel Voice.

But Frontier does have a wonderful amount of songs.

And just so people don't think I completely dislike Sheryl - I really really love "Long, Long goodbye" - a very beautiful song.

Diamond Crevise, on the other hand, has GREAT sound.

Pete

Have you seen the Electric Fire DVD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qAn9jgptJw

I don't know which to pick! I can't favor one on its own X3

I voted 'ねこ日記 「Neko Niki」' in the end. (Cat Diary?)

I like many,

ねこ日記 「Neko Nikki」

あなたのおと 「あなたのおと」

Seikan Hikou

Triangular

Lion

人ジーン Loves you YEAH!!!

Northern Cross

Diamond Crevasse

愛、おぼえていますか (Both)

。。。

”ねこ日記” Reminds me of Cardcaptor Sakura opening songs for some reason。

Hell, at this point a better poll would be "Frontier: Kanno's best soundtrack?"

I think this kind of poll would be best posted on a non-Macross forum though. But if ever, my answer to this would have to be a "no". I can't see a category in which the Macross F OSTs would hold up against some of Kanno's other works. Best vocals would be with GITS:SAC, Arjuna and Bebop. BGM would be with Escaflowne, Aquarion, Brain Powerd. Use in animation, hands down Bebop - the OP, ED, Green Bird, Blue scenes among others are very very very memorable. I can't think of a Macross F music scene that gave me the same feeling as when I was watching those Bebop scenes. Although that's not to diss the Macross F OSTs, cause unlike some Kanno OSTs, I'd give this one an above average grade on all criteria mentioned above ;)

Oh, I voted for Diamond Crevasse, then if there's a second choice it'd have to be Northern Cross.

Gah...soo hard to choose one. I agree the medley is good for a taste of everything, but it really depends on what type of mood I'm in. I love Infinity, Lion, Yousei, and Northern Cross as stand alone, or in the medley. But I think Diamond Crevasse really is my overall favorite (I would've liked more of it in the medley really). It fit so perfectly in the concert/farewell sequence of.. I think episode 7. I dunno if any other song in the whole series topped that sequence for me. The pairing of Infinity with the Macross Quarter attacking in the next ep comes close though.

I think this kind of poll would be best posted on a non-Macross forum though. But if ever, my answer to this would have to be a "no". I can't see a category in which the Macross F OSTs would hold up against some of Kanno's other works. Best vocals would be with GITS:SAC, Arjuna and Bebop. BGM would be with Escaflowne, Aquarion, Brain Powerd. Use in animation, hands down Bebop - the OP, ED, Green Bird, Blue scenes among others are very very very memorable. I can't think of a Macross F music scene that gave me the same feeling as when I was watching those Bebop scenes. Although that's not to diss the Macross F OSTs, cause unlike some Kanno OSTs, I'd give this one an above average grade on all criteria mentioned above ;)

I agree. The Green Bird scene is my favourite scene in all of Bebop, and maybe in all of anime. I remember Shinichiro Watanabe said that often he would basically hear the songs Kanno had composed and then storyboard the scenes to match them, almost like a music video. Also, the ending credits freeze-frames in Macross Plus oozed style like nothing else, and the steel guitar BGM with Isamu waving his hand around like a plane was iconic both visually and aurally. Surely he and Kanno were the best combination for a medium such as anime.

As far as this poll is conerned.... no votes for Aimo??? I know many people are sick of it, but although I do listen to the Service Medley the most, Aimo - Torino Hito version is really beautiful and fits perfectly with the Macross Zero ending, even better, dare I say, than the original Arkan. Though, that's great too (not Kanno though). So it gets my vote. Seriously, there are a lot of good songs here, but my favourite Kanno song ever might just be "Pulse" from MacPlus. I dunno why, but I NEVER get tired of hearing that, it's so atmospheric, yet trance-like...

VFTF1 -- You know that Angel Voice is also a Yoko Kanno song, right? Shame they didn't use it here too.

DWN013 -- Great avatar. Love seeing valks outdoors.

Edited by Renato

The only thing that has surprised me about this poll so far has been the lack of any votes for Aimo. I personally was no real fan of the song but I thought I remembered some people raving about it. Oh well.

Taksraven

The only thing that has surprised me about this poll so far has been the lack of any votes for Aimo. I personally was no real fan of the song but I thought I remembered some people raving about it. Oh well.

Taksraven

It's because people are not sure if they really like the song, or if it was simply burned into their brains because of the endless play it got throughout the series. :p

It's because people are not sure if they really like the song, or if it was simply burned into their brains because of the endless play it got throughout the series.

Well thats the reason why I was so meh about that song, the overkill. I agreed with the sound engineer in the show who was shaking his head when they were mixing the Anti-Vajra version of the song.

Taksraven

Well thats the reason why I was so meh about that song, the overkill. I agreed with the sound engineer in the show who was shaking his head when they were mixing the Anti-Vajra version of the song.

Taksraven

Or as Billy Mack (Bill Nighy) would say it: "Oh, Jesus, not that crap again!" :p

......hard to choose.....I like all of them.

If I have to vote for one, then I vote for Sakamoto Maaya version of Aimo ^_^

My favourite music are:

- Infinity -> reminds me of epi.7 with fast paced mecha pron action

- Aimo O.C -> dark song, but I like it, its feel like "Vajra darling, lets mate, then I nuke you"

- Nyan-nyan Medley -> nuff said.

I voted for Lion, but Nyan Nyan is a very close second. It's very difficult to choose only one, AIMO is also great, Triangular, Infinity.. etc etc. There is one song in the BGM 2 that is called Nyan Nyan Service Medley and it's pretty much a mix of many songs (like the one from the las ep) I would have chose that one if it was between the options.

Edit: :wacko: I just realized it actually is in the options. That's for voting too fast :p

Edited by Zar