Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Sounds like they want to give Klan screen time? Sounds like an Escaflowne movie-route with the MF movie. They really had to changed things around for the movie format.

Ah, yes KLAN-TIME!!!!! :D (Not KLANG-time) :angry:

I won't say that so soon. The text mentions that Klan is a "3rd heroine in the theater version" with a question mark. It sounds like they want to bump up Klan's cred (i.e. more screen time), IMO.

Gah. I think I'm the only person here who doesn't like Klan. (I don't DIS-like her, I just really don't see the appeal--in either form)

More Grace, please. (of course, being the main villian, she has to have a decent-sized presence anyways)

You need to see Klan in the non-pedo light. :) When I first saw her personality and how cute she was, I instantly fell in love with her (as a character). Just because you find a child-like character cute doesn't mean you're a pedo.

I like Klan. In some ways her genetic problem makes her a spin on Ugly Betty, a girl out of her element. She's also a tragic character, which makes her very sympathetic. But I agree the loli attraction she naturally radiates is unfortunate, especially being aware of how many of those creepy loli fans would just love Klan. Kinda ruins her a little :(

I didn't dislike Klan but I was left unsatisfied. I wanted to see a window into the life of a full-blooded Zentradi both proud of her lineage yet raised in human culture, and while that showed up now and then it kept getting buried in 'lol now she's a little girl' distraction. To their credit, they made some genuine tension out of it past the pedo-baiting, but I was a lot more interested in her background than her medical condition.

Klan is just another fan service character in a Macross series that is all about fan service.

I disagree. :p:) While she has obvious fan-service ASSETS *chuckle* there's a lot more to her than that and I notice it. Some people may only see her for her sexual appeal but that's their problem.

More Klan would be cool but I like to see more Carnia; she was way underutillized in the series.

Hear, hear! :)

But to be honest, I like Canaria just the way she is. She's kinda perfect in her minor role, only appearing to kick a dumb character onto the right path or to just kick ass :)

Edited by Mr March

I hate Klan too, she could have been a nice character but her role as sex-toy really spoils her of any credibility. However, I hate her slightly less than Ranka. Ranka should have been blown to smithereens more or less after episode 11.

Klan was a sex toy??? Hmmm, I must've missed that episode...

Luca's cosplay doesn't work. He actually did wear a uniform during the show. Couldn't they have drew him in a Klan outfit?

Bobby's doesn't work for me. Yecch.

However, Cathy as Sara works very well, especially considering they have the same voice actress...and Ai-Kun as Alto's VF-25 is pure greatness.

I am majestically broke this month after the whole xmas/new years gifts and all, but I guess I will be getting it too...

The SherylxRanka cover of the Newtype is quite nice too: (photo shared in Gundam LJ community by pigtail78)

coversqy7.jpg

I was *also* bewitched by the MacrossF Patch Animation one (release date: January 9th) which I might get too but it's not a sure thing yet aha~:

51+8oIsY7+L._SS500_.jpg

It would be nice if someone could translate the info about the upcoming movie, since online translation makes no sens at all ^^;;

Just passed by Animesuki and it seems like the info about the movie were translated there (right there: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php...77&page=31)

Newtype, Feb. 2009 issue

Macross F Movie info

眉毛=河森=SK

============================

眉毛は三角関係に決着は着けたいけど、はたしてアルトに甲斐性があるかって問題ですから…とな

劇場版でクランが第三のヒロイン?普通のアニメならクランは主役張れた。歌わせてみたい。

菊池が劇場版は原画を描きたいと熱望。

テレビシリーズでは出来なかった設定や展開を出していきたい

眉毛、吉野、菊池、葛西の4人でクランプッシュしてた

声優コメ Q,シェリル、ランカ、クラン なに派?  劇場版の要望

中村 ギャップ萌えでシェリル、クラン。決着つけてくれないとアフレコで責められてしまう

遠藤 シェリル。アルトといちゃいちゃしたい

中島 ミシェル好きだからクラン。シェリルとランカのパワーアップした激闘が見たい

神谷 クラン。ミハエルはクランの気持ちを受け止め幸せになってほしい

杉田 アルト達の三角関係に傷心のクランまで加入したらミシェルがバジュラと同化する勢いです

保志 シェリル。ブレラも三角関係に参加したい

17歳 私史上、最強のSキャラに挑戦したい

小西 ランカ。殺さないでください。もうパインはいいです。

小林 クラン。三角関係の決着を。ランカとシェリルの歌合戦をもっと見たい

福山 断然シェリル。ケーニッヒモンスターをもっと活躍させて

大川 シェリル。バルキリーに乗ってみたい

桑島 ナナセを演じてたのでランカ。もう少し見せ場を!

三宅 アタシはオズマ派よん(ハート)ボビーが歌うシーンを!

劇場版では若干名、キャラの変更しなければいけない設定、配置変更、衣装、立ち位置が変わる

バルキリーも出せなかったギミック出したい

三角関係は違った展開が見たい。すごいド修羅場とか(吉野)

そのシーンの絵コンテ切るのやだな(菊池)

より広くティーンエイジャーにも見てもらいたい(眉毛)

目指せデートムービーF1層(20代女性)獲得!(吉野)

============================

The conclusion of the love triangle will be included in the movie, hoping that Alto will have more resources.

But for the movie, Kuran/Klan could be a third heroine? In a typical anime series, Kuran could be a principal character. Maybe she could sing.

Comments from the voice actors: Sheryl, Kuran, Ranka? And what you want to see in the movie.

Nakamura (Alto) - After a long pause: Sheryl or Kuran. There must be a conclusion, if not there will be criticism.

Endo (Sheryl) - Sheryl. And that she kisses Alto.

Nakajima (Ranka) - Michel loved Kuran. I want to see the power of Sheryl and Ranka in a battle.

Kamiya (Michel) - Kuran. The feelings between Michel and Kuran are full of hapiness.(i´m not sure here)

Hoshi (Brera) - Sheryl. Brera would also like to be in the love triangle. .

Konishi (Ozma) - Ranka. Don´t kill her. The pineapple is already good.

Kobayashi (Caty) - Kuran. For the decision of the love triangle i want to see Ranka and Sheryl in a singing battle.

Fukuyama (Jun, no Yoshiki - Luca): Definitly Sheryl. And more participation of the Koning Monster.

Ookawa (Elmo y Wilder) - Sheryl. I want to see her in a Valkyrie.

Kuwashima (Canaria) - Nanase acting with Ranka. Even if it´s only an instant.

Miyake (Bobby): I´m an Ozma fan. A scene with Bobby singing!

The movie version will have changes, maybe some visual changes, perhaps the clothes. We are considering some little changes for the Valkyries too. I want their appearance (in screen) to be spectacular.

Hiroyuki Yoshino:We have written a different approach to the love triangle. We even include a combat (scene).

Yasuhito Kikuchi: We are currently working on the continuation of that scene. In fact, maybe we will make one of the characters more adolescent to be more passionate.

I'd say most of the voice actors are leaning in Sheryl's side, and so do I!!

Though, it really doesn't mean anything much, they are not the ones making the movie after all...

The greatest news is that the LT will get a closure! Let's see now which of Sheryl or Ranka will be left in the end~

Edited by cutesherry

The movie version will have changes, maybe some visual changes, perhaps the clothes. We are considering some little changes for the Valkyries too. I want their appearance (in screen) to be spectacular.

Looks like there will be some visual redesigns coming. Maybe Bandai will update their toy lines to reflect those and maybe even use the opportunity to improve the sculpt of the DX. Don't know if I should hold back on the toys until the movie comes out.

I'm confused :blink: What are the VA's voting for here? Who ends up with Alto? Who the main character is in the movie?

They are not spoiling or anything but they are put in the position of Fans.

Yes they are no from you or me. They ship, they want character development etc.

Its reminds of Lucky Star's Lucky Channel where it is the opinion of Ani Meito (Animate poster boy) a seiyuu is supposed to show Love for his or her work.

Please clear this up for as I'm out of the loop.

Is the Movie a retelling or sequel?

As of right now it's pretty hard to tell, if anything we might get a retelling and then the final moments will be a continuation after what we saw in the series, this is my guess and it's as good as yours lol. What I can say is that most likely it's a retelling with a twist.