Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

I saw the movie trailer today, and was shocked that it was almost entirely new animation.

But yeah...as far as changes to the plot go, they give away almost nothing.

cool. :) then again, if ALL the new scenes are crammed into the trailer... :p

I saw the movie trailer today, and was shocked that it was almost entirely new animation.

But yeah...as far as changes to the plot go, they give away almost nothing.

Still quite some time away till the movie is out, close to half a year away, so I'm not worried yet how much of the movie has new scenes.

Only thing I could do is wait for the trailer to hit the websto see this trailer myself. I take it you saw it watching a movie, Gubaba?

Well, on a big screen, I didn't notice any flaws. ^_^

From what I can remember, shey showed Cowgirl Sheryl, Ranka on some sort of Segway, Brera (i a different outift! Yay for costuming decisions!) taking off his sunglasses, the VF-25S, the VF-27, and some cell phone text messages (which are reprinted in Macross Ace).

But yeah, a lot of shots of characters' faces.

Is this the trailer you're talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-uw-DEmQso&fmt=18

[edit] Looks like it has been posted already. Sorry.

Edited by shiroikaze

can't wait for the trailer to hit the web.

anyway, while looking for it i came across something which might be interesting:

it shows TV and bluray versions of ep25 fast forwarding through common scenes but playing the new/revised scenes at normal speed

Was Pink Monsoon or Sou da yo playing?

Pink Monsoon first, then Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't Be Late. Iteza sounded slightly different, but that may have just been because of the kick-ass movie theatre sound system.

Still quite some time away till the movie is out, close to half a year away, so I'm not worried yet how much of the movie has new scenes.

Only thing I could do is wait for the trailer to hit the websto see this trailer myself. I take it you saw it watching a movie, Gubaba?

Yes. I saw it before Eva 2.0.

Is this the trailer you're talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-uw-DEmQso&fmt=18

No. Like I said, it was almost all new things. I don't recall any narrator...I *think* it was all Alto, Sheryl, and Ranka dialogue.

New Evangelion film & a new Frontier trailer?? Could life get any better??

Taksraven

(Probably not for me, 'cause this year all four of my favourite franchises seem to be active for the first time in a long time.)

Edited by taksraven

月刊ニュータイプ2009年8月号

~イツワリノウタヒメ~河森監督インタ

・劇場版は前後編の2本

・特報の中のキーワードはキービジュアルにヒントがある

前編「イツワリノウタヒメ」6割が新作カット

・アルトはTVシリーズ以上に行動的な性格になるが紙飛行機ばかりとばしているのは変わらない(笑)

・ブレラの衣装は変わる

VF-25のスーパーパックはリニューアルして新しくなる

・全体的に歌が占める比率は圧倒的

60% new footage, updated Super pack for the VF-25....and a new look for Brera.

If that's all that is coming out from Newtype's August 2009 issue we might as well just rip out the article....

60% new footage, updated Super pack for the VF-25....and a new look for Brera.

If that's all that is coming out from Newtype's August 2009 issue we might as well just rip out the article....

Hell! Only the super packs are updated?

I don't know whether it is good news or bad.

This isn't really Frontier news, but it IS Macross product news, so I guess it fits here. :unsure:

Anyway, check out what I picked up in Tokyo the other day:

post-939-1247037088_thumb.jpg

Oh, how you suffer for the cause brother... :lol:

This isn't really Frontier news, but it IS Macross product news, so I guess it fits here. :unsure:

Oh wait...that's the wrong pic. Here's the right one:

I guess those girls will see the pictures later and ask themselves... who are these guys?? <_<

Don't forget to e-mail her.

月刊ニュータイプ2009年8月号

~イツワリノウタヒメ~河森監督インタ

・劇場版は前後編の2本

・特報の中のキーワードはキービジュアルにヒントがある

前編「イツワリノウタヒメ」6割が新作カット

・アルトはTVシリーズ以上に行動的な性格になるが紙飛行機ばかりとばしているのは変わらない(笑)

・ブレラの衣装は変わる

VF-25のスーパーパックはリニューアルして新しくなる

・全体的に歌が占める比率は圧倒的

Heh, the Google machine translation is quite funny.

Newtype Magazine 2009 August

~ ~ Inter coach ITSUWARINOUTAHIME River Forest

The movie is about Chapter 2

Dispatch keyword is a hint of the key visual

First part, "ITSUWARINOUTAHIME" new product cut 6%

Alto TV is just a paper airplane that will skip the character or series of actions will not change (laughs)

BURERA costume changes

VF-25 pack and a new supermarket will be renewed

The overall percentage of the song is overwhelming

Nice to know a new supemarket will be renewed.........LOL!

But is the new footage 6% or 60%?

Graham

I'll put money on a strike version of the super packs ala DYRL... B))

Renewed/updated/improved Super Parts. If it's a "Strike" variant, they don't say.

Also, when I say new look for Brera, I mean they are giving him new wardrobe compared to his gawd-awful wardrobe in the TV series.

But is the new footage 6% or 60%?

6/10th (i.e. 60%) of it.

Crap, does this mean he's going to show more skin for the ladies? :lol:

And you're complaining, because...?

Just kidding. New clothing does makes sense in some sense since it gives the movie a new energy in terms of looks and in production they can be a bit more fancy with their clothing designs since they got more time to animate the movie.

Clothing textures are one of the hardest thing to animate consistantly which makes Brera the easiest to do. Though he never really had that much screen time in the tv series to make that argument worth a damn.... hmm....

Oh wait...that's the wrong pic. Here's the right one:

post-939-1247037124_thumb.jpg

You found Japanese women in Japan? SHOCK!!! :lol:

Crap, does this mean he's going to show more skin for the ladies? :lol:

<_< "Brera's wardrobe provided by The Village People."

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Nice to know a new supemarket will be renewed.........LOL!

Holy...!!! So there will be new Zentradi products there? Wait... If the owner of S.M.S. (Bilrer) ends up being Vrlitwhai... then we may see the owner of the mall himself... FOLMO!!! (LOL... Just kidding)

Okay. Just ot back from seeing Eva 2.0 again, and THIS time, I made an effort to recall the Frontier trailer more clearly.

So: yes, there were some recycled scenes, and some that looked like new versions of old scenes. The VF-25F is shown maneuvering about the city in gerwalk mode (episode 2 stuff). The Armored VF25S Itano Circus is shown, and there's what I think is a new scene of the VF-27 in battroid mode with its gun pointed right at the camera.

There's also a Vajra that, while seen from a distance, looks suspiciously unlike any Vajra in the show. Slim, winged, and brown. I think.

Other than that, Cowgirl Sheryl, Nyan-Nyan Ranka on the segway, and Brera in a suit.

Holy...!!! So there will be new Zentradi products there? Wait... If the owner of S.M.S. (Bilrer) ends up being Vrlitwhai... then we may see the owner of the mall himself... FOLMO!!! (LOL... Just kidding)

So that's how they retired, they opened up a chain of malls and supermarkets and enjoy the profits in some tropical beach planet near the galactic center surrounded by pretty girls in bikinis.

God, the Leon/Grace "Zero G Love" duet is creepy as hell...

Anything involving Leon tends to be creepy. However, I have one question, was he wearing his hawaiian shirt while singing it?

Anything involving Leon tends to be creepy. However, I have one question, was he wearing his hawaiian shirt while singing it?

According to the album's back cover, no. But he and Grace are playing cards, and she's winning because she's got a couple of tentacles behind him, looking at his hand. :lol:

According to the album's back cover, no. But he and Grace are playing cards, and she's winning because she's got a couple of tentacles behind him, looking at his hand. :lol:

I honestly don't know whether to be intrigued, amused or disgusted. :wacko:

Anyway, any chance of the new trailer being posted on youtube or nicovideo anytime soon?

Okay. Just ot back from seeing Eva 2.0 again, and THIS time, I made an effort to recall the Frontier trailer more clearly.

So: yes, there were some recycled scenes, and some that looked like new versions of old scenes. The VF-25F is shown maneuvering about the city in gerwalk mode (episode 2 stuff). The Armored VF25S Itano Circus is shown, and there's what I think is a new scene of the VF-27 in battroid mode with its gun pointed right at the camera.

There's also a Vajra that, while seen from a distance, looks suspiciously unlike any Vajra in the show. Slim, winged, and brown. I think.

Other than that, Cowgirl Sheryl, Nyan-Nyan Ranka on the segway, and Brera in a suit.

I guess I won't mind the recycled animation provided that the majority of the film (say 80 %) is NEW stuff. And I don't mean the exact same scene with say Alto wearing a new suit or Ranka with new clothes. ^_^

Also, when I say new look for Brera, I mean they are giving him new wardrobe compared to his gawd-awful wardrobe in the TV series.

Yeah, people don't always realise that good costuming can be of critical importance to some characters. Brera's silly outfits always totally undermined the threat of his character. Especially his non-flightsuit gear. (His freaky eye's always looked good though)

Taksraven

I guess I won't mind the recycled animation provided that the majority of the film (say 80 %) is NEW stuff. And I don't mean the exact same scene with say Alto wearing a new suit or Ranka with new clothes. ^_^

What about the exact same scene but with Alto in a new dress?

I honestly don't know whether to be intrigued, amused or disgusted. :wacko:

Anyway, any chance of the new trailer being posted on youtube or nicovideo anytime soon?

Unlikely, at least for the time being. The vid of the last portion of the Eva movie that's recently been upped seems to have incensed the authorities. Which means harder crack-downs.

Add to this the fact that Eva is VERY popular right now. Both times I saw it, the theater was packed. I can't see anyone getting away with a pirated copy of it.

Maybe in a while, they'll release it on their website or something, but until then...

Unlikely, at least for the time being. The vid of the last portion of the Eva movie that's recently been upped seems to have incensed the authorities. Which means harder crack-downs.

Add to this the fact that Eva is VERY popular right now. Both times I saw it, the theater was packed. I can't see anyone getting away with a pirated copy of it.

Maybe in a while, they'll release it on their website or something, but until then...

Thanks for the interesting info. Do we have any idea if Eva is reaching out to a new, younger audience or is it just the old die-hards getting into it?

Taksraven