Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Yoko Kanno is one to four hours driving distance from me!??!!??!

I must know more! Where does she record? I'll go stand outside with a placard saying "We Love Macross!"

Even though it'll just be me... :)

Pete

- Yoko Kanno is at the moment in Poland, recording the new OST.

That's good, another great OST will be added to my collection. It would be nice to know where she is recording this new OST, maybe it's not so far from the place where I live ^^.

About the story:

- There will be generally new plots and a new interpretation of the story

- Will Sheryl win? Will Ranka win? It is a fact that there will be a winner. But they say... that Kawamori insists that the triangle either stay open or that Ranka wins.

That's what I wanted to hear, some new plots and interpretation of story. I didn't wanted to see again identical story but this time in the movie ver.

The second subsection... It would be better if Sheryl wins, or the triangle stay open...

About the characters:

- According to some chatty Japanese people, there will be an enormous fanservice scene of a nude Sheryl.

- We will get to know more about the past of the characters.

Never enough new scenes with Sheryl. It is also good that we will know something more about the past of the characters since in the series they didn't tell much about that part of the characters life ^_^

Holy sh!t. That's like an hour away from me :)

Just to be sure... is this the chick who did the music for Macross +?

Pete

Yes, she did music for Macross +

btw. if you will know where she record this new CD then share the info with us ^^

Wait - but this is info from Shaloom, isn't it?

I mean - I'm confused. I googled and there's nothing about Yoko Kanno being in Poland to record anything at the moment - unless I'm missing something.

Just to be clear, I never said she was here - I just reacted to the supposed post from Gubaba reprinting the dubious post by Shaloom that Yoko Kanno was here - aka in Warsaw...or at least Poland...

But it would be very cool to think that she was here and that even that small bit of Macross history was created in the same country I live in. Sniff - it would make me feel like Poland played its' little part in the creation of Macross - even if just as a backdrop for her to work...

But I can't find any confirmation of it :(

In fact - this topic was the first place in the universe - in the history of humankind - that I heard that she was here...

Pete

That's good, another great OST will be added to my collection. It would be nice to know where she is recording this new OST, maybe it's not so far from the place where I live ^^.

That's what I wanted to hear, some new plots and interpretation of story. I didn't wanted to see again identical story but this time in the movie ver.

The second subsection... It would be better if Sheryl wins, or the triangle stay open...

Never enough new scenes with Sheryl. It is also good that we will know something more about the past of the characters since in the series they didn't tell much about that part of the characters life ^_^

Paliodor, Paliodor, Paliodor...THAT MOVIE NEWS IS FAKE. Not true. False. Lies.

Wait - but this is info from Shaloom, isn't it?

I mean - I'm confused. I googled and there's nothing about Yoko Kanno being in Poland to record anything at the moment - unless I'm missing something.

Just to be clear, I never said she was here - I just reacted to the supposed post from Gubaba reprinting the dubious post by Shaloom that Yoko Kanno was here - aka in Warsaw...or at least Poland...

But it would be very cool to think that she was here and that even that small bit of Macross history was created in the same country I live in. Sniff - it would make me feel like Poland played its' little part in the creation of Macross - even if just as a backdrop for her to work...

But I can't find any confirmation of it :(

In fact - this topic was the first place in the universe - in the history of humankind - that I heard that she was here...

Pete

Just because she always in Poland doesn't mean she's ALWAYS in Poland...

Just because she always in Poland doesn't mean she's ALWAYS in Poland...

But..was she ever in Poland?

Wait - is she the world famous Yoko Kanno? The one with the violin? Isn't the Yoko something else?

Pete

But..was she ever in Poland?

Wait - is she the world famous Yoko Kanno? The one with the violin? Isn't the Yoko something else?

Pete

Yoko Kanno. Music for Macross Plus, Macross Frontier, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, and tons of others.

Wasn't the Frontier music recorded with the Warsaw Symphony Orchestra...?

Anyway, Shaloom's "information" is about a month or two old, so even if she was in Poland then, she's probably not there now.

She's got a big concert coming up in Saitama in a week and a half, I hear. ;)

Music for Macross Plus, Macross Frontier, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, and tons of others.

Wasn't the Frontier music recorded with the Warsaw Symphony Orchestra...?

Of those you mentioned, only Macross Plus as far as I know didn't have any music recorded in Warsaw. Adding to that list, Turn-A Gundam, Aquarion and Ghost in the Shell: SAC etc, are also from the same orchestra. Oh, and they're also importing the Warsaw Philharmonic for the concert on the 7th... those who'll get to watch it are so lucky :p

Of those you mentioned, only Macross Plus as far as I know didn't have any music recorded in Warsaw. Adding to that list, Turn-A Gundam, Aquarion and Ghost in the Shell: SAC etc, are also from the same orchestra. Oh, and they're also importing the Warsaw Philharmonic for the concert on the 7th... those who'll get to watch it are so lucky :p

I know, I know. I am lucky, aren't I? B))

:blink:

Ok. I'm officially embarassed. I work in fricking theatre journalism in Poland. I should know this. Granted, I don't mainly cover concert/orchestra stuff - and the Warsaw Philharmonic falls into that. I mainly deal with avante-gard, political/activist theatre or "New" Theatre as they call it here... but still - I SHOULD have known this.

If anybody has a link to a story that confirms that the Warsaw Philharmonic did indeed record the music for Macross, and Frontier in particular, please point me in the right direction so I can write it up :) It would be lovely to be able to write something about BOTH Macross and Theatre :)

EDIT: Nevermind. A simple Google of Warsaw Philharmonic Macross Frontier turned up lots of stuff...

jeezus. Talk about me being a blind dimwhitted twit! AAAH! I'm so dooofusy !! :p

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Great, movie 1 is a 2-hour clip-show.

I have no issues with that if it gives SK the opportunity to finish working on a original story for the second one.

With all the merchandise Bandai is pouring into the market, it is no surprise they are willing to bankroll a couple of movies to keep market interest up.

When you consider that the VF-100 line alone (if they do a new release every month) will run for at least 2 years with all the VFs they are planning to market.

So is this news about a new OVA in 2011 & a new TV series in 2012 confirmed or just fan speculation only? If not confirmed, please don't post such stuff in the news thread. This thread is for confirmed news only, not fan guesses.

So is this news about a new OVA in 2011 & a new TV series in 2012 confirmed or just fan speculation only? If not confirmed, please don't post such stuff in the news thread. This thread is for confirmed news only, not fan guesses.

No, it's not real. Kresphy's just speculating (which is odd, since he's usually so reliable...is the dreaded "Shaloom's Disease" contagious...?).

kresphy had a really big, wet and sticky, fanboy-dream. He should keep those thoughts to himself.

And if people believe what Gubaba posted from Shaloom, then I guess adoption of the "don't-link/don't post" policy will be a requirement.

kresphy had a really big, wet and sticky, fanboy-dream. He should keep those thoughts to himself.

And if people believe what Gubaba posted from Shaloom, then I guess adoption of the "don't-link/don't post" policy will be a requirement.

*sigh*

I guess it must be so... :mellow:

To be honest Kreshpy clearly stated from the beginning that the project list 2009-2012 was an "I think" thing. Many people, hungry for news, did see something he did not intend and that was not there (later the post has been corrected to stress even more that that were just his wishes). So enough with this Shaloom Apple Incident syndrome, this is not the case.

Edited by nexxstrait

To be honest Kreshpy clearly stated from the beginning that the project list 2009-2012 was an "I think" thing. People did see something he did not intend (and later the post has been corrected to stress even more that were just his wishes).

Yeah, it happens. I remember once last year (when the MacZero Blu-Ray Set came out, with Sheryl's earrings inserted into a scene) making up stuff that should be added to the BD versions of other Macross stories. In context, it was obviously a joke, but then someone came along, quoting one of my silly ideas without the surrounding text, saying, "What's this?"

People were puzzled for a while, until I came out and said that my original post was a joke. Then the guy came back, quoting another one of my "ideas" (again, without the surrounding text making it clear thati was joking), and said, "Well, what about this one then?"

Feh.

Members posting fake news, as a joke or otherwise is intensly annoying IMO, due to the amount of time wasted debunking it to those that got taken in. People often refer back to the fake news as real weeks, months or years after!

Thanks, Kresphy, for uploading/sharing that image. I went ahead and resized it to use it as a desktop background. If anyone is interested, I have two images attached. One is cropped, the other is the full thing...both resized to a height of 1080 pixels. I hope no one minds.

post-636-1246172994_thumb.jpg

post-636-1246173029_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oihan

Thought I'd throw another, 'Anyone know if the trailer for False Songstress has at least made it into theaters?'. My best friends in Japan... are here in the US for another month. :-p

new scene in right pic??

Good eye. Does look like it.

It reminds me of the scene from Revenge of the Sith where Anikan and Padme are sitting around in a similar field and talking about life and politics.

And they really...really...REEEAAAALLLY made Sheryl look drop dead awesome hotness love wow-pow! in that poster.

Pete

ooo lookin at pics just gets me excited , im happy to hear they are doing 2 movies,man,i love me some more frontier,but i would love even more so if they had a run in with the megaroad, catch up with misa,hikaru and minmay all in glorious 21st century HD animation.

It reminds me of the scene from Revenge of the Sith where Anikan and Padme are sitting around in a similar field and talking about life and politics.

Yup!, only needs some hypocows around them and voila :lol: , but but the film that you mention is Attack of the Clones. ;)

Yup!, only needs some hypocows around them and voila :lol: , but but the film that you mention is Attack of the Clones. ;)

Does that mean they're going to talk about sand and stuff and get all romantic about it? (Hate that movie, the only movie I've actually paid to see where I end up trying to go to sleep while watching it)

Edited by Strumvogel