azrael

DAMMIT, MF movie have 2 parts!!!!!

The False Songstress only is part ONE~~~~~~~~~~~~

SK.... Orz....

I think...

2009, movie part. 1

2010, movie part. 2

2011, OVA (FAN WANK, NOT REAL)

2012, 30th anniversary, new TV series (FAN WANK, NOT REAL)

I like SK's commercial Macross.

http://mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/news/200906...00c.html?inb=rm

■劇場版

・前後編の二部作

2009年06月27日 激情版公式サイトプレオープン

前売り券発売

2009年11月21日 『劇場版マクロスF~イツワリノウタヒメ~』公開

2010年以降    『劇場版マクロスF』後編公開

劇場版は2部作で、前編「虚空歌姫」は、テレビ版に新作カットを加えて再構成したもので、新たなストーリーで、新曲も起用される。

wall01.jpg

Edited by azrael
Clearly marking the fan wanking.

The False Songstress only is part ONE~~~~~~~~~~~~

SK.... Orz....

2009, movie part. 1

2010, movie part. 2

2012, 30th anniversary, new TV series

up11203.jpg

New it, recap movie then a true sequel. and a whole new series already? sweet. as long as the quality stays good I can live with new macross every year or two.

Also I have no idea what is going on in that poster but it is so damn hot!

I think we were expecting the movie will be at least in two parts so no surprises there. Nice to get a confirmation though. Just got to wonder about the nature of each of the parts now though.

As for the poster, seem like whoever did it has been taking the Masamune Shirow's School of Design. Namely lots of slick CGI mechanical designs; shiny, skimpy fan-service clothing on character and a slight hint of S&M.

Oh yeah, and of course said female character seem to have forgotten her pants. Very typical of Shirows works.

In fact it could very well be him the way this poster manages to tick all those boxes.

Not that I'm complaining of course. (Much anyway...)

2009, movie part. 1

2010, movie part. 2

2011, OVA

2012, 30th anniversary, new TV series

Uh, wow! A new Macross OVA and then a new television series in 2012? That was certainly unexpected.

No, it is my hope.

= =

Wow there partner, someone is hoping for more Macross quickly.... <_< I would think we would be use to long 5+ year hiatus between Macross-projects.

Yeh, I'm getting that Gundam-movie feel from these. The first movie will probably end with the Gallia 4-incident.

Oh, I see. Nearly gave me a heart attack :)

Don't worry, kresphy will probably have a heart attack if they come out with more Macross directly after the movies finish. He's probably already bouncing off the walls already just from the info we got this week.

Two hour cxlipshow with new footage, probably setting up any changes made for the second movie, which is supposed to have a new plot. Sounds like they're recapping the first half, and changing the second (hopefully to fix up some thing and not just bow to polls and what not).

here's hoping they balance the triangle!

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Two hour cxlipshow with new footage, probably setting up any changes made for the second movie, which is supposed to have a new plot.

here's hoping they balance the triangle!

Nope, I'm not settling for anything less than a resolution if they're going to have 2 parts :p

Is it me? Or does it feel like Alto is now becoming more like a secondary character :lol:

Nope, I'm not settling for anything less than a resolution if they're going to have 2 parts :p

Is it me? Or does it feel like Alto is now becoming more like a secondary character :lol:

Hence why I say I hope they rebalance it. The way it is now, the TV series was the perfect conclusion. If he winds up with one in the movie, I better damn well feel he's actually in love this time.

As for Alto, it's not like all the new SDF Macross stuff is Hikaru centric. It's all Minmay. ^_^

So which one is "The False Songstress" referring too? Sheryl perhaps due to Grace's manipulations?

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Hence why I say I hope they rebalance it. The way it is now, the TV series was the perfect conclusion. If he winds up with one in the movie, I better damn well feel he's actually in love this time.

Ah, souka. I agree with you here, the ending to the TV series felt was ambiguous and I felt that Alto's feelings were the same. If they do resolve the ending to the LT in the movie then we better feel Alto's love :lol:

As for Alto, it's not like all the new SDF Macross stuff is Hikaru centric. It's all Minmay. ^_^

So which one is "The False Songstress" referring too? Sheryl perhaps due to Grace's manipulations?

Well considering that Sheryl is on the poster, I would say that it is referring to her. Although a lot of Sheryl fans would be happy with the first part being more Sheryl-centric, I hope that is not the case. I like Sheryl and all but I would prefer if both parts had a nice balance to them rather than one part focusing more on the other.

Edited by DeX-kun

Me too. They have a real chance to improve some of the more ignored characters here. Though movies are never known to handling chara development well... Still, who knows.

Although that is true, there's a first time for everything or as long as there's a chance, there's a possibility. I feel though that Kawamori is being kind of cautious with how he's handling these 2 movies and I have a feeling that we'll be in for a pleasant surprise ^_^

Well Macross Galaxy and their plotting investors havent even been really explored so there is your movie 2 plot right there.

With the current hype of Macross hopefully SK will get new project going asap instead of the usual long gap

that would be good fodder for the story, but I doubt it'll be the core. It strikes me as more logically being a new take on the second half of the show. Though it really depends on just how far "The False Songstress" goes. Still, two movies will cover the story a lot better than one.

that would be good fodder for the story, but I doubt it'll be the core. It strikes me as more logically being a new take on the second half of the show. Though it really depends on just how far "The False Songstress" goes. Still, two movies will cover the story a lot better than one.

Well sometimes I'm surprised at how some people can fit a lot of material within a 20 minute episode so I wouldn't be surprised if they're able to fit the whole series within 2 hours. Do you think it's possible that they might end the first movie on Alto's death (near death that is :lol:)

This is great news, first 2 movies, then OVA and then for the 30th Anniversary we will have new TV series. Upcoming years will be very good for Macross fans ^^

The only thing that is confirmed as fact is what I put in bold ;) Sorry to disappoint you, but kresphy was just making a prediction <_<

Edited by DeX-kun

Well sometimes I'm surprised at how some people can fit a lot of material within a 20 minute episode so I wouldn't be surprised if they're able to fit the whole series within 2 hours. Do you think it's possible that they might end the first movie on Alto's death (near death that is :lol:)

Sure, if you don't mind completely murdering the backstory and most of the characters. It'd basically be Alto metting them, the vajra attack, Grace turns evil and Leon takes over, Ranka realises her connection and leaves, end battle begins. It's possible, but you probably would give any real damn about anyone. Sort of like how DYRL had to pretty much cut every character's history to make it all fit, reducing Misa's role in the triangle to being pretty much winning because she was the only girl on Earth ^_^;;. You're pretty much talking squeezing 10 hours worth of material into the film. Gunbuster is a great example of making the most with the time you have, and when they merely cut an hour from it for it's movie, whole characters became bit roles. Though Gunbuster had no real fat to trim, so it's not the best example. Still, Frontier could use fleshing out, not a massive hack job. Two films should be able to handle it as it took three films to do justice to first Gundam, and that was over 40 episodes. Cutting 6-7 hours is a lot better than cutting 8-9. Less can be more too, so the plot should be tighter. It worked well for Plus, but Frontier really could use more character moments.

So I take it this information provided by some guy named Shaloom isn't accurate, then? :p

About the film:

- It won´t be longer than 90 minutes

- There were plans to make it two films, but due to the economic crisis those plans were put on reconsideration

- Almost all the staff returns for the production, except Ohnogi.

- The movie isn´t directed by Kawamori, but he stays on as executive producer

- There are visual changes, for clothes, decoration and style

- Yoko Kanno is at the moment in Poland, recording the new OST.

About the story:

- There will be generally new plots and a new interpretation of the story

- Will Sheryl win? Will Ranka win? It is a fact that there will be a winner. But they say... that Kawamori insists that the triangle either stay open or that Ranka wins.

- Some chatty Japanese say that there were very severe discussions about the triangle between the staff and that maybe this is the reason that Ohnogi doesn´t participate in the movie.

- There has been a "scene" which was worked on "highly secretively". Only Kawamori and the director Kikuchi have seen the storyboard. What kind of scene will it be? Combat? A concert?

About the characters:

- According to some chatty Japanese people, there will be an enormous fanservice scene of a nude Sheryl.

- We will get to know more about the past of the characters.

- There will be more romantics and more kisses between the couples than we have seen in the series. ( Shaloom supposes Cathy / Ozma and Michael / Klan ).

(And yes, Shaloom REALLY DID say all of the above.)

AND NONE OF IT IS TRUE!!!

Edited by Gubaba

So I take it this information provided by some guy named Shaloom isn't accurate, then? :p

You know, I think he really does have something against Kawamori because that is definitely something that he said :lol: Well I'm pretty sure now that they were all guesses at the time <_<

Let's pick it apart shall we?

Exhibit A

- It won´t be longer than 90 minutes

- There were plans to make it two films, but due to the economic crisis those plans were put on reconsideration

- The movie isn´t directed by Kawamori, but he stays on as executive producer

- There are visual changes, for clothes, decoration and style

- Yoko Kanno is at the moment in Poland, recording the new OST.

1) Movies are normally 90-120 minutes long. I still have to spend 2 hours of my life watching the movies either way.

2) Now that just pulling out of his ass considering it was just announced a day ago. Makes it sound like "OMG we weren't going to have 2 movies". No one knew what was going on except the people making the films.

3) He's an Ohnogi-fanboy...and he's pulling out of his ass. Of course the staff is coming back...that's what your normally do when you go from TV to movie... :rolleyes:

4) Nah, really?

5) See exhibit A, #4. The teasers have been telling us that.

6) How do you know where Yoko Kanno is? Is he stalking her?

Exhibit B

About the story:

- There will be generally new plots and a new interpretation of the story

- Will Sheryl win? Will Ranka win? It is a fact that there will be a winner. But they say... that Kawamori insists that the triangle either stay open or that Ranka wins.

- Some chatty Japanese say that there were very severe discussions about the triangle between the staff and that maybe this is the reason that Ohnogi doesn´t participate in the movie.

- There has been a "scene" which was worked on "highly secretively". Only Kawamori and the director Kikuchi have seen the storyboard. What kind of scene will it be? Combat? A concert?

1) They've been hinting at that since October 2008.

2) See exhibit A, #3

3) Considering his track record for translating....and exhibit A, #3. And it's probably from a rumor mill.

4) See exhibit B, #3.

Exhibit C

About the characters:

- According to some chatty Japanese people, there will be an enormous fanservice scene of a nude Sheryl.

- We will get to know more about the past of the characters.

- There will be more romantics and more kisses between the couples than we have seen in the series. ( Shaloom supposes Cathy / Ozma and Michael / Klan ).

1) See exhibit B, #3.

2) Talk about your most generic statements....

3) See exhibit C, #2.

My favorite part of Gubaba's quote:

Oh no! But without Ohnogi, the series would have sucked! He wrote the best episodes! If he's not coming back for the movie, Macross is in crisis! :)

Re: Poster of Sheryl posted couple pages ago - ah...those lips :).... Sheryl gets more and more beautiful as time goes on.

Pete