Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Alto's dress caught in an updraft.....I'm more sorry for the guy in the EX-Gear doing the fly-by....wait till he sees the front side... :wacko:

And I assume that Nanase's ass/panty shot is for your Gubaba...

From ANN:

The theatrical film adaptation of the Macross Frontier television anime series will open in Japan on November 21 under the name Gekijō-ban Macross Frontier ~Itsuwari no Utahime~ (Macross Frontier the Movie: The False Songstress). The Kadokawa Cineplex and Shochiku Multiplex theaters' websites both revealed the title and date, and the second issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Macross Ace magazine will announce the details on Friday. The teaser trailer for the film will premiere in Japanese theaters on June 27, which is the same day that ticket pre-sales will begin.

The planned Fall opening date for a theatrical film remake of the Macross Frontier anime series was first revealed via an itasha (vehicle decorated with character art) mini-van outside the "Macross: The Super Dimension Space Launching Ceremony" event in February. However, creator Shoji Kawamori and the cast members Yuuichi Nakamura (Alto), Aya Endo (Sheryl), and Megumi Nakajima (Ranka) noted in the actual event that the new date and even the title of the project was subject to change at the time. The film will include new footage of Sheryl's concert and Nakajima's new song, "Sō Da Yo." The Macross Frontier television series marked the 25th anniversary of Studio Nue's classic science-fiction franchise that combines transforming robotic mecha , love triangles, and interplanetary war.

DANG MIKIMOTO!!!!! CAN MINMAY BE ANY HOTTER?! I DON'T THINK SO!!! ^_^

OMG, i agree. minmay's so HAWT here. noses are bleeding all around the world. :p

Forget Minmay, forget battroids, forget the Macross F movie...

I SEE NANASE'S PANTIES!!!

:lol: oh no. gubaba won't be articulate for at least a week. or even two. every other thought will be of nanase's panty shot. :lol:

That title doesn't sound like the title of a one off movie though, it sounds more like a title that'd be used for a first half of a series. (be it 2 or so). Interesting choice.

That title doesn't sound like the title of a one off movie though, it sounds more like a title that'd be used for a first half of a series. (be it 2 or so). Interesting choice.

maybe it's gonna be like the original eva movie's. first one will be a super abridged version of the show and then the second will be completely redone ending.

Whoa! Such good news! I can't wait for the 27th! I think I'm going to buy Macross Ace, as seen in the blog its very interesting, and the yonkoma are funny, ton of new stuff... Sheryl is so gorgeous! ^^

As for Minmay, what I'm disappointed in is her face, I'm not so pleased with the way Mikimoto draws her eyes, now. Well, that's the way he draws now. But I must say I miss his DYRL days... Nonetheless, everything's perfect.

I'm late for this party but wait a minute, so the new frontier movie will be a retelling of the tv series, which in essence was a retelling of the original SDFM that got a retelling in DYRL that will be type of retelling we will see... so a retelling of a retelling of a retelling of a retelling.... I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of this re-re-re-retelling movie, they offer no real conclusion cause they blew the budget on pretty explosion and then create a 15min flashback video, that was originally intended to be the ending of the re-re-re-retelling movie

so, we'll get a trailer on the 27th, but I have already seen it, here's the gist of it, we will get big fonts of kanji and engrish, a voice, possibly ranka talking about how awesome the movie will be, alto telling her to shut up and wait, while we get to see, the red lobster blow up the capital ship, alto, sheryl and ranka crying, ozma screaming inside his VF-25G, a shot of nanase for fanservice, and possibly 2 still shots of new animation...

I'm late for this party but wait a minute, so the new frontier movie will be a retelling of the tv series, which in essence was a retelling of the original SDFM that got a retelling in DYRL that will be type of retelling we will see... so a retelling of a retelling of a retelling of a retelling.... I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of this re-re-re-retelling movie, they offer no real conclusion cause they blew the budget on pretty explosion and then create a 15min flashback video, that was originally intended to be the ending of the re-re-re-retelling movie

so, we'll get a trailer on the 27th, but I have already seen it, here's the gist of it, we will get big fonts of kanji and engrish, a voice, possibly ranka talking about how awesome the movie will be, alto telling her to shut up and wait, while we get to see, the red lobster blow up the capital ship, alto, sheryl and ranka crying, ozma screaming inside his VF-25G, a shot of nanase for fanservice, and possibly 2 still shots of new animation...

I don't really care about it being a re-telling, that's fine by me. My problem is going to be the re-used animation from the tv series. I can't be 100% sure, but I think all we're going to get is several Macross F episodes complied into a movie, with a couple new scenes. I don't believe this is going to be like DYRL, which was an entirely new animated film, not re-cycled Macross tv episodes. ^_^

I still don't really get how Frontier was a retelling...unless I'm misremebering, I don't think Minmay ever had a Zentradi virus in her intestines that caused the Zentradi to try to rescue her. I also don't think the complete inability of humans and Zentradi to communicate was ever a theme of the series. Nor did Minmay's manager ever try to turn humanity into one massive hive mind.

But if you're referring to the fact that the guy with glasses pilots a blue Valk and that the gruff older guy is called Skull Leader, then I guess you're right. :rolleyes:

I don't really care about it being a re-telling, that's fine by me. My problem is going to be the re-used animation from the tv series. I can't be 100% sure, but I think all we're going to get is several Macross F episodes complied into a movie, with a couple new scenes. I don't believe this is going to be like DYRL, which was an entirely new animated film, not re-cycled Macross tv episodes. ^_^

Saying Frontier is a re-telling of SDFM is about as erroneous and dismissive as saying MacII is a retelling of DYRL. Neither statement stands up against any factual analysis.

Mac F has many homages to past Macross productions and has a few twists on the original's plot points, but is in no way a retelling. It is another installment in the lore that is the legacy of the Protoculture.

SDFM, teenager enlist to fight big aliens in a transforming aircraft, there's something special about music, the aliens then join humanity trough music and fight off the bad guys and music saves the day, there's a love triangle, they make a 2hour recap movie called DYRL

FLASHBACK, Megaroad01

PLUS, two guys compete in experimental transforming plane to see who wins the contest and the girl, a crazy computer bitch takes over the Macross network, one guy dies, the other saves the day and the girl, wins the project

SEVEN, an emigration fleets meets with invincible monsters from another dimension that need your life essence to thrive, a guys flies a valk with a guitar, valks with faces, there's a whale, a lot of nonesense, Max and Millia kick ass in the VF-22

ZERO, something about rocks, a flower and greenpeace

FRONTIER, teenager enlist to fight giant crustaceans in a transforming aircraft, there's something special about music, the aliens join humanity trough music and fight the evil cylon and music saves the day, there's am unresolved love triangle, they will make a recap movie called DYRTAF (Do You Remember This Animation Frame) -- hmmm...sounds a lot like SDFM unlike the other macross series

ok, seriously, I enjoyed frontier, I loved every minute of the whole 25 episodes, even the dumb filler episodes, but you can't tell me that you are happy that after 25 years, they finally make a proper series, but it has a lot of original story plots, we are left with an unresolved love triangle, and to make matter worse, they don't do a continuation movie, we will get a recap movie

really???? AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell me that you are absolutely 100% happy that after all this time, we are getting 25 episodes crammed in about 90min movie with RECYCLED animation??????? at least DYRL was all original animation, but noooo...we're not getting an original story, continuation, or even a completely redone animation?? 70% new animation? really? thank you, i was expecting something completely NEW... not something I already saw, i already know what will happen and how it will end just that you're going to tell me in a different point of view

Edited by Valkyrie addict

You're mistaking having the same premise for being a retelling.

Music, love triangle, person unintentionally falling into a war/conflict, music/culture as a way to resolve conflict....all parts of the premise that spans basically all macross media (and yeah there are exceptions. A lot of the homage actually tells it in the opposite manner...

EDIT: yeah I'm kinda angry about the reuse of footage too. They should have done it like DYRL but intentionally put it as a movie-in-universe. The finaly scene would be older alto and X watching it in theater. :)

Edited by Rbstr

The finaly scene would be older alto and X watching it in theater.

that would suck... it should have been a continuation movie were grace comes back, they resolve the triangle (sheryl and ranka give up on alto and become lesbians.) and then at the end they find the megaroad 01.

that would suck... it should have been a continuation movie were grace comes back, they resolve the triangle (sheryl and ranka give up on alto and become lesbians.) and then at the end they find the megaroad 01.

And then Shin and Sara show up (hanging out with Gamlin and Mylene and their five kids) saying, "What took you long?"

and where the hell is basara in this picture? ;)

Sitting in Emelia's cleavage. :p

I was waiting to see if anyone else was going to mention this, but... was Sheryl holding a gun?

I guess maybe if she was redoing her recruitment video...

I think the pink revolvers were just part of the cowgirl motif. I'm guessing it's some lighthearted performance/advertising thing rather than more serious from the look of it. She had a more normal looking gun for her recruitment video in the TV show, anyway. As for why the cowgirl motif, you've got me there, but with her presented as the forward Western girl archetype to contrast to the Japanese-raised Alto, it's not a completely shocking look to put her in.

really???? AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell me that you are absolutely 100% happy that after all this time, we are getting 25 episodes crammed in about 90min movie with RECYCLED animation??????? at least DYRL was all original animation, but noooo...we're not getting an original story, continuation, or even a completely redone animation?? 70% new animation? really? thank you, i was expecting something completely NEW... not something I already saw, i already know what will happen and how it will end just that you're going to tell me in a different point of view

I wasn't really all that happy with how Frontier turned out in the first place (I would have preferred a more adult story), so no, I'm not particularly thrilled by the movie. But I'm ready to be surprised. Maybe a more tight story will... but there's still Ranka, so... Oh, well, as long as it's Macross...

As for why the cowgirl motif, you've got me there, but with her presented as the forward Western girl archetype to contrast to the Japanese-raised Alto, it's not a completely shocking look to put her in.

isn't it obvious? blond Cowgirls are sexy! didn't rumble roses teach you anything?

It's good to have some new info about this Macross F movie. To bad that it have been pushed back to November. I only hope that it will have some new animations and songs, not only those from the series. It would be also great if they could resolve the love triangler in this movie but I don't think that will happen...

I don't think that Macross F was a retelling of older Macross series/movies, yes it have few familiar scenes and characters from older parts but it have also many new ideas. It's just like with gundam series, first was MSG and all later productions have borrowed some of the ideas from this anime (masket man and etc), but still they are not retelling the MSG but just

use some of the ideas for its own new history.

It would be also great if they could resolve the love triangler in this movie but I don't think that will happen...

Macross Love Triangles endings (SPOILER follows, be warned)

1) SDFM: Hikaru gets Misa, Minmay sings

5) MII: Hibiki and Sylvie fall in love, Ishtar sings

2) MPlus: Isamu and Guld come to terms, we don't know what will be of Isamy and Myung as a couple but Myung sings

3) M7: Mylene likes both Basara and Gamlin, Gamlin is deeply in love with Mylene, Basara sings

4) M0: Shin loves Sara, Sara likes Shin, Mao sings

7) MF: Ranka loves Alto, Sheryl loves Alto, Alto flies

Following this evident pattern, to rebalance things out in the movie Alto should end up singing. :p