Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Does anyone have PROOF of this? Why is Ohnogi listed NOWHERE on the credits for the show? Why is he not mentioned in ANY of the books on Frontier? Why does everyone assume these Bobby/Ohnogi radio interviews are real when NO ONE has heard them?

To be honest, I really don't have solid proof of this but I remember reading a translated interview from a magazine somewhere that Ohnogi was mentioned. I'm not too sure about the notes that were released not too long ago since they're translated from another translation, so it's hard to call it official but I do have a hunch that Ohnogi had some type of involvement considering how the focus of the plot changed during episodes 18-24. It would be nice to have some confirmation of this though.

Edited by DeX-kun

To be honest, I really don't have solid proof of this but I remember reading a translated interview from a magazine somewhere that Ohnogi was mentioned. I'm not too sure about the notes that were released not too long ago since they're translated from another translation, so it's hard to call it official but I do have a hunch that Ohnogi had some type of involvement considering how the focus of the plot changed during episodes 18-24. It would be nice to have some confirmation of this though.

PM'd you.

Then (besides making money) what's the point? Watching a movie for a few "new" scenes, is a waste of time! :angry:

Not for Bandai!

I've heard the paint schemes on the fighters are going to be changed like DYRL, which means cha'ching for the Bandai marketing department. Re-paint existing toys and kits and you have a whole new line to sell.

Does anyone have PROOF of this? Why is Ohnogi listed NOWHERE on the credits for the show? Why is he not mentioned in ANY of the books on Frontier? Why does everyone assume these Bobby/Ohnogi radio interviews are real when NO ONE has heard them?

The term "Ghost writer" comes to mind. Ohnogi was initially tasked with the Sheryl arc of the show, as far as I am aware the rest was left to the staff writers. However in the Famitsu Interview Kawamori describes how Ohnogi contributed to the last half of the show.

As for Gubaba's question. It started here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29322

and is confirmed here:

http://community.livejournal.com/whatboutm...l?thread=277931 ;)

Edited by Zinjo

Not for Bandai!

The term "Ghost writer" comes to mind. Ohnogi was initially tasked with the Sheryl arc of the show, as far as I am aware the rest was left to the staff writers. However in the Famitsu Interview Kawamori describes how Ohnogi contributed to the last half of the show.

As for Gubaba's question. It started here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29322

and is confirmed here:

http://community.livejournal.com/whatboutm...l?thread=277931 ;)

I started writing a long response to this, but as of yet, we're still waiting for a scan of the Famitsu article supposedly quoted in the livejournal, so I'll hold off 'til then.

Edited by Gubaba

o/` The wheels on the bus go round and round... o/` :wacko:

round and round...

Funny how it seems that those that understand a passable or greater amount of Japanese are on one side of the fence (Ohnogi wasn't involved) and those that don't understand Japanese seem to be on the other side of the fence (Ohnogi was involved). :rolleyes:

And what's more facinating is that all of this started from a second or thirdhand translation of a translation. :blink:

DeX-kun

Well, the Macross Frontier movie will be a much simpler version of the series, just like all film adaptations are. I actually think a film adaptation might be more enjoyable for those who had issue with the series, since many of scenes which seemed to bother some fans obviously won’t have time to be featured in a film adaptation. The film should be more focused and story-driven by necessity.

Duke,

Oh, come on, let’s not be like that. You know I respect your opinion, I just disagree.

What I'm saying is this length argument makes no sense to me, especially as a do-or-die determinant of the Macross Frontier movie. The Macross Plus movie was fine as a film adaptation of the Macross Plus series. The determining factor wasn’t length; it wasn’t even that Macross Plus was conceptualized as a film script. Same thing with DYRL? as a movie adaptation of SDF Macross, 36 episodes or not. A good Macross film adaptation can’t be reduced to formula or distilled to factors like “length” or “new animation.” If making movies were that simple, studios would have long ago dispensed with directors, writers and producers.

Digressing back to my response to aerocombatpilot which began all this, no, I don’t believe length of the Macross Frontier series is some YAY/NAY determining factor for the end result. I think re-using previously used footage can turn out fine for a film adaptation and length is irrelevant.

I guess it belongs to M new... I finally found my old account password, after three years!!! Hahaha! (feel free to insult me)

I'd be careful with offering an invitation like that :p:D

I'm probably gonna get shot down for saying this but i have to give my 2 cents. I'm under the impression that no official statement about the nature of the film has been made yet, right? As to wether it is a retteling/remake of the series or a sequel? From the available CMs i notice a slight difference in character and art design in the new scenes we've been shown. IMHO they don't seem to blend that well with the "recycled" material. This gives me hope that, as someone has suggested, we're being trolled by the studio and the movie, like DYRL, will be totaly new in terms of animation. As to wether its a re-telling or a sequel, i would preffer a sequel wich could tie the loose ends left by the series. Whatever it may be, i'm sure i'll love it as much as i loved the series.

From the available CMs i notice a slight difference in character and art design in the new scenes we've been shown. IMHO they don't seem to blend that well with the "recycled" material. This gives me hope that, as someone has suggested, we're being trolled by the studio and the movie, like DYRL, will be totaly new in terms of animation.

I mentioned the trolling thing because the crew took a lot of pleasure in doing that with Frontier (pineapples anyone). It would be cool if it did happen that way, but I don't think they can do much with just one year of work or something. A continuation or conclusion maybe, but most likely it will be what everyone has been saying here.

I'm probably gonna get shot down for saying this but i have to give my 2 cents. I'm under the impression that no official statement about the nature of the film has been made yet, right?

Yep. They've made statements but nothing concrete. No official synopsis has been released to press so we can't say 100% for sure. It could be a one-shot movie, a series of movies, a side-story movie.

Yep. They've made statements but nothing concrete. No official synopsis has been released to press so we can't say 100% for sure. It could be a one-shot movie, a series of movies, a side-story movie.

Most likely it will be a one-shot movie. I have a hard time imagining them making a series of movies or even a side-story. If anything, it could go into the direction of retelling and maybe add a conclusion in the last 15 minutes or so of the film (but this is just wishful thinking by me :unsure:)

round and round...

Funny how it seems that those that understand a passable or greater amount of Japanese are on one side of the fence (Ohnogi wasn't involved) and those that don't understand Japanese seem to be on the other side of the fence (Ohnogi was involved). :rolleyes:

And what's more facinating is that all of this started from a second or thirdhand translation of a translation. :blink:

The ones who have knowledge on Japanese will surely be convinced once a copy of the magazine is produced, right? And the other side too, if otherwise. There's a definite "end" to this "round and round" discussion. What about the controversial Bobby and Ohnogi interview? Has anyone produced a copy of it, a date of the recording, the recording itself, anything?

The ones who have knowledge on Japanese will surely be convinced once a copy of the magazine is produced, right? And the other side too, if otherwise. There's a definite "end" to this "round and round" discussion. What about the controversial Bobby and Ohnogi interview? Has anyone produced a copy of it, a date of the recording, the recording itself, anything?

I believe this answers best: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=752340

So, I dont check the forums for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose.

Either way, what I've seen pisses the s41t out of me, if we're not bring trolled, and this is actually what we're going to get, the movie's going to be nothing but a glorified 2 hour episode, even the new bits of animation shown look what the TV show looked like at it's best, which it'd be great, except, it's not a TV show episode, it's supossed to be a movie. The hand drawn stuff out of the new EVA movies craps all over this, dissapointing to say the least.

A 2 hour Frontier would have been fine by me in the first place, instead of a 25 episode T&A revival extravagance! Only this time they should focus on the real interesting characters: Ozma, Cathy, Leon, Bobby, Canaria and Macross Galaxy's villains. Who cares about a triangle (especially if it includes Ranka)?

A 2 hour Frontier would have been fine by me in the first place, instead of a 25 episode T&A revival extravagance! Only this time they should focus on the real interesting characters: Ozma, Cathy, Leon, Bobby, Canaria and Macross Galaxy's villains. Who cares about a triangle (especially if it includes Ranka)?

Since when Ozma is an interesting character ? :blink:

Since when Ozma is an interesting character ? :blink:

Ex-UN pilot who adopted a small child and left his girlfriend to raise her; has a male starship pilot madly in love with him and what seems a very strong friendship bond with Canaria and Captain Wilder; has a love for old rally Italian cars and most of all is a fan of Fire Bomber. Seems an interesting background to me. Too bad they decided to let us only have a glimpse at the surface of things.

Ex-UN pilot who adopted a small child and left his girlfriend to raise her; has a male starship pilot madly in love with him and what seems a very strong friendship bond with Canaria and Captain Wilder; has a love for old rally Italian cars and most of all is a fan of Fire Bomber. Seems an interesting background to me. Too bad they decided to let us only have a glimpse at the surface of things.

Agreed. Ozma was my favorite character, too bad he got so little screentime/character development/background exposition...

Wow, if this keeps up and I may have to send the transcript of this thread to Seth Green for an episode of Robot Chicken.... :rolleyes:

haha! I've been waiting ages for Robot Chicken to do a sketch about Macross or Homotech, wonder why they haven't still... B))

Too bad the only that came out from his mouth is "LOOK EVERYBODY HOW MAN I AM !!!". <_<

If you want all action then might as well watch a different mecha show because I found the triangle to be the most interesting aspect to the series that actually kept me coming back to each episode (of course I don't speak for everyone but this is how I felt.) Ranka is my favorite character in the series but aside from that, I felt that she still contains so much depth and potential and it was too bad that they didn't take advantage of that during the TV series, her character portrayal is what hurt her the most in my opinion.

The movie on it's own has a lot of flaws to fix especially in the character development department when it comes to the main 3 (Alto, Ranka and Sheryl.) Sheryl's character development was good but I still felt that her emotions and her personality was kind of a roller coaster ride, a little on the inconsistent side. Still Ranka's potential isn't wasted considering we still have the movie that hasn't been released yet so I hope they do something with her considering she's my favorite character :)

Edited by DeX-kun

If you want all action then might as well watch a different mecha show because I found the triangle to be the most interesting aspect to the series that actually kept me coming back to each episode (of course I don't speak for everyone but this is how I felt.) Ranka is my favorite character in the series but aside from that, I felt that she still contains so much depth and potential and it was too bad that they didn't take advantage of that during the TV series, her character portrayal is what hurt her the most in my opinion.

The movie on it's own has a lot of flaws to fix especially in the character development department when it comes to the main 3 (Alto, Ranka and Sheryl.) Sheryl's character development was good but I still felt that her emotions and her personality was kind of a roller coaster ride, a little on the inconsistent side. Still Ranka's potential isn't wasted considering we still have the movie that hasn't been released yet so I hope they do something with her considering she's my favorite character :)

Totally, totally wrong.

if the movie isn't entirely about Nanase and ONLY Nanase, I'm giving up Macross forever.

Ah, what the hell, I'll give up Gundam, too. And food.

Totally, totally wrong.

if the movie isn't entirely about Nanase and ONLY Nanase, I'm giving up Macross forever.

You know what? I think I've just been enlightened. Nanase will become my target of praise. The movie must give Nanase-sama as much screen time as she needs and give her which ever man she desires (obviously not Luca <_< ) ;)

Wasn't rumored that it will be Klang that became the main heroine? :huh:

Personally I prefer the movie revolved around Ozma and Cathy ^_^ IMO, Cathy beats both Misa and Claudia since Cathy got a badass (but not drunken) Skull Leader and Daedalus II attack, I wish she could give Leon a better bitchslap....

Totally, totally wrong.

Don't do that.

just start with gundam your not missing much just a bunch emo kids with more issues than shinji form evangelion with giant over powered robots that they can barely control due to the fact that they rely more on the robot rather than pilot skill.

Now if it dosen't feature Klan enough or focus more on her then give food , macross, internet, etc.

But if it features Nanase and Klan the whole movie be afraid be very afraid.