Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

I feel like I should do this Kresphy style... ;)

MACROSS F DRAMA CDS!

There...now that MisaForgotten is totally pissed off, I'll translate:

Macross F: Nyan Dra◎ (Dra1)

1. Alto Meets Sky

2. Triangler in a Cave

3. Sheryl's Heart-Thumping First Experience

4. Shao Pai Long

Macross F: Nyan Dra◎ (Dra2)

1. Drama: Luca and the Three Ghosts

2. Drama: Ranka in the Midst of Idoling!

3. Drama: Pineapple Cake

4. Super Dimension Duet: "Runner"

Based on past experience, I think it's best not to expect too much from the drama albums. But, at the VERY least, they should be a bit of goofy fun, and Sheryl and Ranka singing SDFM songs is always welcome.

...Shao Pai Long will be sang by Alto and Brera, and Runner will be by Michael and Klan. (unless the track lists I first saw was wrong)

EDIT: Looks like some of the tracks' names have been changed from when I last researched the second drama CD from this site:

http://www.vanda.co.jp/300/MCO/V_VTCL-60103/

The ones you posted seem to be the official ones :D

Edited by mike_s_6

...Shao Pai Long will be sang by Alto and Brera, and Runner will be by Michael and Klan. (unless the track lists I first saw was wrong)

Oh. Well...that's not terribly exciting. Ah well. :mellow:

EDIT: Looks like some of the tracks' names have been changed from when I last researched the second drama CD from this site:

http://www.vanda.co.jp/300/MCO/V_VTCL-60103/

The ones you posted seem to be the official ones :D

I got the info from amazon.co.jp...looks like they put them up quite recently.

2. Triangler in a Cave

Hmm, sounds kinky and dirty, threesome in a cave? :ph34r:

3. Sheryl's Heart-Thumping First Experience

Related with the above? :lol:

1. Drama: Luca and the Three Ghosts

WHO do you gonna call? GhostRammer aka Guld. :lol:

From ANN :

Macross F Official Creator's Magazine Gets General Release

Nyan-cretto, 3rd ongoing mag based on Macross anime, was sold at TAF last week

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Satelight anime studio has announced on Tuesday that it will offer its Macross F Official Creator's Magazine Nyan-cretto File 1 publication again for general sales. The issue includes materials from the various staffers of Macross Frontier, the 2008 television sequel to the Macross science-fiction romance franchise. Series creator Shoji Kawamori, character designer Yûichi Takahashi, series script supervisor Hiroyuki Yoshino, mechanical designers Junya Ishigaki and Takeshi Takakura, mechanical artist Hidetaka Tenjin, CGI director Hiroshi Yagishita, CGI animator Eiji Inomoto, and others contributed to the issue. Character designer Risa Ebata drew the cover illustration of the story's singers Ranka and Sheryl.

The first issue of this magazine was previously sold at Satelight's booth at last week's Tokyo International Anime Fair 2009. More details about the magazine's reissue will be provided on Satelight's website. The magazine name "Nyan-cretto" is a wordplay on a Japanese word for "cat" (娘 or "nyan") that frequently appears in Macross, and a Japanese word for "secret" (秘 or "hi").

This magazine will be the third ongoing Macross magazine in Japan. Kadokawa Shoten published the inaugural issue of its Macross Ace manga magazine this past January. Shogakukan and We've, Inc. have been releasing Macross Chronicle, a biweekly reference publication devoted to the Macross franchise, since last July.

link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-...general-release

Thanks guys for posting the links to the liner notes for the last few eps. It's nice to put some of the debate to rest. I think Ohnogi was pretty clever... sure it didn't nail the triangle, but wink wink wink , it meant something :)

Thanks guys for posting the links to the liner notes for the last few eps. It's nice to put some of the debate to rest. I think Ohnogi was pretty clever... sure it didn't nail the triangle, but wink wink wink , it meant something :)

Ohnogi put some humanity and character evolution into the series. An element that was conspicuously missing prior to his involvement. No Grand Slam mind you but at least a triple... B))

BD.08

Sheryl's birthday, Nov.23, 2041, Sagittarius!

08c01.jpg

p.s.

May'n☆Act DVD ISO is out~~~~

[DVDISO] [090325] May'n/ライブDVD May'n☆Act (iso+mds+rr).part1.rar ventrilocoDyBVLk7D 2,000,000,000 72ad6df60f17737ee29eb2cf3aacc11cfe5feb85

[DVDISO] [090325] May'n/ライブDVD May'n☆Act (iso+mds+rr).part2.rar ventrilocoDyBVLk7D 2,000,000,000 abef00c65aba5f575029cb6dde430deb4de6756d

[DVDISO] [090325] May'n/ライブDVD May'n☆Act (iso+mds+rr).part3.rar ventrilocoDyBVLk7D 2,000,000,000 bb621496be6e608df6cba2c20da8b49e9cf3d7ba

[DVDISO] [090325] May'n/ライブDVD May'n☆Act (iso+mds+rr).part4.rar ventrilocoDyBVLk7D 2,000,000,000 1b880b7526eb58abd9826d50ca9ce3189d3c5fb4

[DVDISO] [090325] May'n/ライブDVD May'n☆Act (iso+mds+rr).part5.rar ventrilocoDyBVLk7D 642,799,182 45401e9f108bc2432fe41e2d69be83fd6d048f2b

Edited by kresphy

HOLY SOCKS!!!

The Macross F Drama Album news just got...well...better if like listening to them, worse if you want to translate them.

I thought it was a two-part thing, but no such luck.

2009.04.08 - Nyan Dra◎ Dra1

The first story is about Alto, Michael, Luca, and Nanase all meeting. There's also apparently something about a school production of "Romeo and Juliet." Three guesses as to which of the cast is forced to play Juliet...

The second story happens during episode 10, and features Ranka and Sheryl.

The third story is set during episodes 9 to 11, and is about Sheryl training with Michael to be a Valkyrie pilot.

And, as mentioned before, the bonus track is Alto and Brera singing "Shao Pai Long."

2009.05.06 - Nyan Dra◎ Dra2

No news yet on what the stories are about, but (again, as mentioned before) the bonus track, dedicated to MisaForgotten, is Michael and Klang singing "Runner."

2009.06.03 - Nyan Dra◎ Dra3

Bonus track: Ozma and Bobby singing "Totsugeki Loveheart" (naturally.)

2009.07.08 - Nyan Dra◎ Dra4

Bonus track (dedicated to David Hingtgen): Leon and Grace singing (of all things) "Zero-G Love." (THE HORROR! THE HORROR!)

If they make a fifth one, it had BETTER have my long-dreamt of Luca and Nanase version of "SANTI-U"...

Edited by Gubaba

Alto and Brera singing "Shao Pai Long."

Michael and Klang singing "Runner."

Ozma and Bobby singing "Totsugeki Loveheart" (naturally.)

Leon and Grace singing (of all things) "Zero-G Love." (THE HORROR! THE HORROR!)

God, instant macross fangasm!!! :wacko:

Grace will sing? I'll be right back as soon as I read the previous page - for now I just wanted to align our Minmeys...

Pete

(returning with on-Topic edit in a few seconds)

EDIT:

Leon and Grace singing (of all things) "Zero-G Love." (THE HORROR! THE HORROR!)

Oh my.

Well - I guess those two were made for eachother.

Edited by VFTF1

Remember, it is Belldandy singing. :lol:

That raises an interesting question...how difficult is it for them to sing "in character"? Pretty much all voice actors can sing...do they have to think about "Now, how would Grace sing this?" or do they just go in and sing normally?

I mean, Bobby's voice actor definitely sings in character, but what about the others?

Yeah, I was wondering about that too (singing vs singing as Grace). Just comparing English voice actors (there's a lot more that I've heard do multiple characters---I actually watch very little anime)----while many can keep fairly in-character through multiple emotions etc, when they flat-out scream or yell, their "normal" voice often creeps in--or they start to sound like another one of their characters.

2009.07.08 - Nyan Dra◎ Dra4

Bonus track (dedicated to David Hingtgen): Leon and Grace singing (of all things) "Zero-G Love." (THE HORROR! THE HORROR!)

I'm a leonxgrace shipper! Viva Nyan Dra4! :lol:

I TOLD YOU IT WAS BELL-CHAN!! XD Kikuko fits Grace perfectly.... until she goes all mental. <_<

I for one have always taken a guilty pleasure in hearing Inoue do non-Sugar and Spice roles. She's so synonymous with Belldandy and the other goodness and light characters that it's always delicious when she plays the bitch. ^_^ She does it so well too. Especially for someone who "only 17".

Found this on 4chan. Does anybody know if is about the movie or if it contains any important information about it? Has it been posted here before? :huh:

Yes, it is about the movie, but it's a joke...It's Risa Ebata's "ideas" for the film...making it with puppets instead of animation...Giant Ranka versus the Vajra...Ozma and Bobby having a tender love scene...things like that.

I for one have always taken a guilty pleasure in hearing Inoue do non-Sugar and Spice roles. She's so synonymous with Belldandy and the other goodness and light characters that it's always delicious when she plays the bitch. ^_^ She does it so well too. Especially for someone who "only 17".

I feel the same way too about Kikuko Inoue when she does bitchy roles. ^_^ I mean she's synonymous with Belldandy, and thus it was really a great pleasure to see her go psycho as Grace in MF. :ph34r: Her doing another bitchy role is probably the one reason why I'm gonna be watching the FMA remake. :)

I just noticed that all the fem characters are taking a bath on Klan's crotch. I would gladly join in.

Amen to that, brother. :D

Two things... one, I can't get into nicovideo, two, your avatar isn't Nanase anymore. :D

1. So sign up. It's easy, free, and FUN! ^_^ (Alternatively, I guess you could wait until it shows up youtube...)

2. "'Oh kettle, thou art black,' sayeth the pot." :p

(You know, from a translation standpoint, I'm really annoyed that they open the album with the "shiritori" game...it's nearly impossible to render into English without copious notes... <_<

That said, the fact that the actual story quotes a lot from Romeo and Juliet makes a lot of it easier, so I guess I shouldn't complain...)