Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

I find it weird that Bobby won over Klan, Alto did because he's a goddamn popular (even with his kabuki princess form), but seriously, Bobby?

Man, the japanese crowd sure have a big sense of humor :wacko:

Too bad I didn't find a way to hack into the site and convert all the Bobby votes into Nanase votes...

Actually, Grace could compete for Mr Macross, too. :)

She only had one scene as a guy and s/he didn't even say much... Maybe they should have a third Category, Mr-and-Miss Macross! Bobby and Alto can fight for first and second place, grace could go into third place :p

Heh, Bobby is waaaay more hotblood than Nanase though, he was screaming "F^CK YEAH!!" in all the battles.

So true. I'm glad that they didn't go over the top with his "gayness". I mean he had the look and the attitude but they didn't cheapen the character by making him the stereotypical fruity gay guy (Will and Grace, anyone?). I remember Mash from Macross II being along the same lines, though he didn't get that much screen time... and he didn't pilot a ginormous transforming battleship.

And his unrequited love for Ozma makes him very endearing, not to mention he's portraied as a very caring friend (supporting Ranka, nurturing Cathy after her father's death). He's an all round nice guy... that happens to be gay, not the other way around.

As for Nanase... she could have been portraied better, although she is caring and a true friend for Ranka, she ends up being the token fan service, giant boob that would break a normal womans spine, cute girl. In the end she becomes a strong motivation for Luca and his development but when that hits its stride, she's injured and spends the rest of the series in a coma.

So, although i do like Nanase, Bobby just beats her all the way. (Not to mention he had me ROFL with his rendition of "Ninjin Loves you, YEAH!") :p

Edited by westfall

Actually, Grace appeared as "mysterious purple-haired informant guy" twice. Or two different guys 1 time each. (the second appearance looked quite different, or was simply drawn much more detailed---or they actually showed Grace mid-transformation, as the second appearance looked much younger and less masculine, and 3 seconds later was the Grace we all know and love)

Actually, Grace appeared as "mysterious purple-haired informant guy" twice. Or two different guys 1 time each. (the second appearance looked quite different, or was simply drawn much more detailed---or they actually showed Grace mid-transformation, as the second appearance looked much younger and less masculine, and 3 seconds later was the Grace we all know and love)

Really? It just looked to me that she/he was putting on his/her glasses ^_^ (You see what I did there? ;) )

Either way, what did man-Grace contribute to the plot? man-Grace is ultimately quite irrelevant IMO, and could just have as easily been replaced by another nameless character.

Man-Grace is just Grace in a man body, I don't think I can even count "him" as a different character, Grace only did that to show Luca that she/he can do everything she/he want, even genderbending.

Shaloom has posted his liner notes for episodes 23 and 24 at the Macross Generation forums. I have already translated the liners notes for episode 23 here. My translations for episode 24 will follow tomorrow, if time permits.

As always all credits go to Shaloom and the Macross Generation forums. The individual posts for the episode 23 liner notes can be found in this thread, although they are in Spanish and you need to be an active member of the forum to access them. Please do not divulge this all over the internet without duly crediting Shaloom and the Macross Generation forums.

Have fun!

Shaloom has posted his liner notes for episodes 23 and 24 at the Macross Generation forums. I have already translated the liners notes for episode 23 here. My translations for episode 24 will follow tomorrow, if time permits.

As always all credits go to Shaloom and the Macross Generation forums. The individual posts for the episode 23 liner notes can be found in this thread, although they are in Spanish and you need to be an active member of the forum to access them. Please do not divulge this all over the internet without duly crediting Shaloom and the Macross Generation forums.

Have fun!

Thanks for the links and the translation! I think this just shows how MF really needed more episodes in order to expand on the character development-- Ohnogi has all these great ideas in his mind but they didn't translate well (if at all) to the show. Ranka really got the short end of the stick.

I made some time to get the liner notes translation for episode 24 ready today. You can read it here.

As always all credits go to Shaloom and the Macross Generation forums. The individual posts for the episode 24 liner notes can be found in this thread, although they are in Spanish and you need to be an active member of the forum to access them. Please do not divulge this all over the internet without duly crediting Shaloom and the Macross Generation forums.

Glanced at some of the latest hobby magazines:

VF-25 Full Armour mock up - looks sweet. Especially because it looks like one will be able to open up all of the missile launchers!

Wing speakers and the super fold booster kit looks like it's coming along quite nicely.

I feel like I should do this Kresphy style... ;)

MACROSS F DRAMA CDS!

「マクロスF」ドラマCD 娘ドラ◎ ドラ1

1. アルト・ミーツ・スカイ

2. 洞窟のトライアングラー

3. シェリルのドキ ドキ初体験

4. 小白竜(シャオパイロン)

2009/4/8

「マクロスF」ドラマCD 娘ドラ◎ ドラ2

1. ドラマ 「ルカと3人のゴースト」

2. ドラマ 「ランカ・アイドリング中!」

3. ドラマ 「パイン・ケーキ」

4. 超時空デュエット 「ランナー」

2009/5/6

There...now that MisaForgotten is totally pissed off, I'll translate:

Macross F: Nyan Dra◎ (Dra1)

1. Alto Meets Sky

2. Triangler in a Cave

3. Sheryl's Heart-Thumping First Experience

4. Shao Pai Long

Macross F: Nyan Dra◎ (Dra2)

1. Drama: Luca and the Three Ghosts

2. Drama: Ranka in the Midst of Idoling!

3. Drama: Pineapple Cake

4. Super Dimension Duet: "Runner"

Based on past experience, I think it's best not to expect too much from the drama albums. But, at the VERY least, they should be a bit of goofy fun, and Sheryl and Ranka singing SDFM songs is always welcome.