Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Heh, it's like they are not putting efforts at making the trailer at all. Other than Ranka's new song and new lines, that's it.

I dunno but feel that this is like trolling attempt of Kawamori to buy more time because Satelight doesn't want to spoil any new footages yet (other than the new Sheryl concert scene of course).

Heh, it's like they are not putting efforts at making the trailer at all. Other than Ranka's new song and new lines, that's it.

I dunno but feel that this is like trolling attempt of Kawamori to buy more time because Satelight doesn't want to spoil any new footages yet (other than the new Sheryl concert scene of course).

You could very well be right, but after the Frontier Episode 25 discussion, I really hoped I would never read the words "Kawamori" and "troll" in the same sentence ever again.

You could very well be right, but after the Frontier Episode 25 discussion, I really hoped I would never read the words "Kawamori" and "troll" in the same sentence ever again.

Okay, okay, I was just...well...kinda getting used to it.

To be honest, it seems to me that this movie is not gonna be out by summer. I remember one of the voice actors at the event saying that "If it comes out by the end of the year..." Not to mention that they were open to opinions, so that if there was anything people really wanted to see in the movie that they should take advantage of Kawamori being there to hear opinions, because there "is still time to change stuff".... I very much got the impression that at that time (Feb 22nd), the script's final draft hadn't even been completed yet. Certainly production was still in its very early stages. A trailer is all we may get by summer.

To be honest, it seems to me that this movie is not gonna be out by summer. I remember one of the voice actors at the event saying that "If it comes out by the end of the year..." Not to mention that they were open to opinions, so that if there was anything people really wanted to see in the movie that they should take advantage of Kawamori being there to hear opinions, because there "is still time to change stuff".... I very much got the impression that at that time (Feb 22nd), the script's final draft hadn't even been completed yet. Certainly production was still in its very early stages. A trailer is all we may get by summer.

That's fine by me. "More time" should equal "more interesting movie."

And more time hand-wringing over the movie will mean less time hand-wringing over whatever they decide to do for the 30th Anniversary. :p

Speaking of the new song "Souda Yo," a member from the Animesuki forums named nanatsusaya posted a link to the preview of the Macross Frontier Movie that was ripped from the Bandai channel for those that haven't seen it yet. We mostly get recycled scenes but there is new clearer footage of Sheryl's new concert arena ^_^

Enjoy!

Also, now we actually have audio for these lines that have been translated by VF-25 Messiah already. I don't know if the audio changes the translations slightly but this is pretty much the gist of each characters line in order I believe. You can start reading these lines more or less after Alto/Yuiichi Nakamura finishes introducing, which is right after it reads "Macross Frontier: The Movie."

Thanks for the link!! I wonder.. what does the "G" behind the Macross Frontier logo stand for? :huh:

..This pleases me, hope they spend more time on the movie after that ...err..disappointing trailer >_>

Anyway, did they already announced that the movie will be out in August?

Anyway, did they already announced that the movie will be out in August?

It's still a tentative date. It may be that the August-timeframe date is when they'll have a press release and officially announce the title of the movie, who it features, exact premiere date, etc.

If you check this out, you can see some discussion about the launching ceremony and Nakajima Megumi's new song, Souda Yo. Also, there is some talk about a VF-28. B)) I wonder what that's about.

I've been wondering if the Frontier movie is going to be a remake or a sequel? Also, has anyone translated the lyrics in the Frontier Movie PV yet? I want to know what Ranka, Alto, and Sheryl are talking about.

Thanks!

If you check this out, you can see some discussion about the launching ceremony and Nakajima Megumi's new song, Souda Yo. Also, there is some talk about a VF-28. B)) I wonder what that's about.

I've been wondering if the Frontier movie is going to be a remake or a sequel? Also, has anyone translated the lyrics in the Frontier Movie PV yet? I want to know what Ranka, Alto, and Sheryl are talking about.

Thanks!

What the hell? A VF-28? :blink:

Wow... I was hoping for a sequel. Maybe the movie is going to be one after all...

Btw, the link looks interesting. I saw Kazutaka Miyatake in one of the photos from that article (the guy with the "Dragon" sweater...).

Heck we didn't get yet a YF-24.

Or this the massed production version of the YF-24? :huh:

Wasn't the YF-24 the basis for both the VF-25 and VF-27? Taken back to the drawing board to produce those two fighters due to poor performance of the 24 itself? That would make both the fighters we did see the "mass production version", in a sense.

Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but there was no direct statement that a VF-28 was supposedly gonna appear in the movie.

"'I'll take the liberty to say this from the male audience pont of view, but wouldn't it be alright if a VF-28 or something were to appear?' Nakamura said, conveying a request for mecha. And when he did, Kawamori gave a suggestive response 'You might fly in something unexpected.'"

So kawamori is hinting that there might be something new.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Great Mechanics.DX 8 is out. It's got a decent sized article on the Macross universe, from Zero to F; including a new* timeline. The article breaks down into eras:

M0 to SDF:M (ASS-1 landing, Birdman battle, UN Wars, SWI, VFs and Destroids, Earth, mass (vast/large) emigration period, 30 years of exploration/colonization)

M+ to MF (Zentraedi assimulation, discovery of planets able to emigrate to, Protoculture, Super Large scale emigration ships**, Vajra, super fold drives, NUNS and SMS, Localized VFs)

<sigh> A lot of the info looks juicy. I wish I had more time and my translation skills worked faster.

*New as newly printed. Could have new info. Maybe.

** Macross Frontier is referred to as an Island Cluster Class, echoing the Macross Chronicle information.

Great Mechanics.DX 8 is out. It's got a decent sized article on the Macross universe, from Zero to F; including a new* timeline. The article breaks down into eras:

M0 to SDF:M (ASS-1 landing, Birdman battle, UN Wars, SWI, VFs and Destroids, Earth, mass (vast/large) emigration period, 30 years of exploration/colonization)

M+ to MF (Zentraedi assimulation, discovery of planets able to emigrate to, Protoculture, Super Large scale emigration ships**, Vajra, super fold drives, NUNS and SMS, Localized VFs)

<sigh> A lot of the info looks juicy. I wish I had more time and my translation skills worked faster.

*New as newly printed. Could have new info. Maybe.

** Macross Frontier is referred to as an Island Cluster Class, echoing the Macross Chronicle information.

Ahh, you are an evil one to bring this to our attention, but we respect you anyway... :p

Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but there was no direct statement that a VF-28 was supposedly gonna appear in the movie.

"'I'll take the liberty to say this from the male audience pont of view, but wouldn't it be alright if a VF-28 or something were to appear?' Nakamura said, conveying a request for mecha. And when he did, Kawamori gave a suggestive response 'You might fly in something unexpected.'"

So kawamori is hinting that there might be something new.

The "something new" could very well be a VF-25 with a new mission pack, or possibly a VF-28 (VF-27 human type). However if a VF-28 does appear it will be because Bandai wants another version of the VF-27 product line to sell.

Realistically the VF-27 has not been around long enough on Frontier for them to reverse engineer it into another fighter IMHO.

Perhaps that VF-1 sitting atop the school?

VF-1EX here we come! I'd really like to see a human use VF-27 as well though--- and I certainly would prefer that Bandai push for another new VF to generate sales rather than releasing 'movie version' recolours of the same VF-25/VF-27.

So, has there been any confirmation as to whether or not the movie will be something entirely new, or is it going to be mostly footage from the tv series, edited down and spliced together with a small amount of new footage? Considering how quickly it seems to be coming, and what we see in that movie promo, I'm getting the impression that it's the latter, and not Frontier getting the full DYRL treatment. Of course, I'd be more than happy to be wrong on that, but if it is mostly existing footage touched up and a bit of new footage thrown in, I think it would be a bit much to expect a whole new VF to appear.

So, has there been any confirmation as to whether or not the movie will be something entirely new, or is it going to be mostly footage from the tv series, edited down and spliced together with a small amount of new footage? Considering how quickly it seems to be coming, and what we see in that movie promo, I'm getting the impression that it's the latter, and not Frontier getting the full DYRL treatment. Of course, I'd be more than happy to be wrong on that, but if it is mostly existing footage touched up and a bit of new footage thrown in, I think it would be a bit much to expect a whole new VF to appear.

Thus a Macross Plus movie treatment. Though we won't be getting any Basara treatment alongsde this time around.

Mr. Macross, Miss Macross, and Favorite Episode Poll Results

Mr. Macross is Alto.

2. Michel/Mikhail/Michael

3. Ozma

4. Brera

5. Leon

6. Jeffery Wilder

Miss Macross is Sheryl.

2. Ranka

3. Alto ( :mellow: )

4. Bobby

5. Klan/Klang/Clang

6. Grace

The top episode is Episode 20--Diamond Crevasse

2. Episode 25- Your Sound

3. Episode 5- Star Date

4. Episode 24- Last Frontier

5. Episode 22- Northern Cross

6. Episode 7- First Attack

7. Episode 1- Close Encounter

8. Episode 12- Fastest Delivery

9. Episode 6- Bye Bye, Sheryl

10. Episode 8- High School Queen

Credits go to Mei19 at animesuki! ^_^

I find the fact that Leon beat Mr. Wilder disturbing.

And that Leon even appears on the top 6 even more disturbing.

Leon is a douche. Leon looks gayer than Bobby (wich in IMHO has become the coolest gay character of all time).

And that hair? I couldn't take him serious as a vilain because of that hair. Grace was more bad-ass than him.

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!

(Sorry for the outburst but I REALLY HATE LEON)

Leon is a douche. Leon looks gayer than Bobby (wich in IMHO has become the coolest gay character of all time).

And that hair? I couldn't take him serious as a vilain because of that hair. Grace was more bad-ass than him.

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!

Well, yeah, Leon's popularity with the Japanese crowd sure is surprisingly high, heck, even Luca has more screentime (and a bit more interesting) than him but he doesn't even appear in the list lol

Oh well, no Kathy, but both Alto and Grace are both in the female list so I ain't gonna complain. B))

PLEASE. :rolleyes: Klan = #1 :lol:

NOoooo

NO.1 Sheryl

No.2 Klan

the last, Ranka

^^

Mr. Macross, Miss Macross, and Favorite Episode Poll Results

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/012585/

Official favorite Scene

01、EP.20, Diamond Crevasse, Sherly‘s song!!!!!!!!!!!

02、EP.25, Your Sound《-----------------XXX =o =

03、EP.05, Star Date, Sheryl's kiss

02.jpg

04.jpg

Edited by kresphy

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!

Well, you must think that Leon is a quite remarkable villain:

1) he dated the ex-girlfriend of the series' coolest pilot

2) managed to become president of Frontier (without angering the people or making them suspect he acted a coup)

3) he wears quite nice casual outfits

4) is smarter than anyone on board Frontier

4) he did not get killed by the good guys.

^_^