Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Olla people, long time no seen! Or, read actually....

So yeah, isn't like 5 volumes kind of verry short for a manga spanning a 25 episodes series O.o?

Don't complain, I've seen worse. Just be thankful that it seems like they're willing to follow it to the end of the story. For example Outlaw Star manga was only a couple or so volumes long and that story only went as far as when the group finally left the planet. Pity, as the art and story was actually pretty good to the point I prefer it to the actual anime.

Btw, welcome back whispo.

Satelight is gonna release the MF's movie's PV sooner or later right?

Man, a few low quality pics of it left me drowning in my own curiosity.

When I saw it, I counted only one second (or less) of new footage and that was a still outside shot of the new concert hall, so there's really nothing particularly earth-shattering there. The only other new thing is a new Ranka song, but I'm betting we'll hear lots and lots of that over the coming months.

When I saw it, I counted only one second (or less) of new footage and that was a still outside shot of the new concert hall, so there's really nothing particularly earth-shattering there. The only other new thing is a new Ranka song, but I'm betting we'll hear lots and lots of that over the coming months.

Oh well, that sounds kinda disappointing, hope they will have a lot of new footages in the movie itself.

Saw the mag today*. As I'm not mister money bags, I gave it a pass, and you beat me to the question I was planning to ask.

However, later in the day, one of my students bought and brought the magazine. I asked to have a look - though, didn't have enough time to find the Macross article (if one is present in the magazine). Though, the last page is devoted to what I think I read is a new Macross F CD titled "Macross F Intermission".

I may be wrong (only had a glance at it). So yeah, anyone else pick it up?

*They're shrink-wrapping magazines at the stores. So saw means just that.

I know for a fact that my store would have copies of it in today but with the current cost of mags here these days due to the exchange rate I doubt that I'll be picking it up either. Especially since they're probably going to only take up two pages, max. No real value for money there.

Somebody else is going to have to check it out and tell me if it's worth it as well.

Well apparently the new Ranka song called "Souda Yo" was played on the Macross F Super Dimensional Talk Show for a limited time and someone from Japan commented and it seems to be a love song like "Ao No Ether," according to the lyrics.

This is a comment posted by the person that created this article as well:

# mai Says:

March 13th, 2009 at 11:08 pm

Well here’s one interesting comment I got from the net…

劇場版PVで流れた「そうだよ」いい曲だったわ。曲調ですでに泣ける・・・蒼のエーテルよりは、ラブソングより?好きだけど別れるみたいなシーンでかかりそうな感じだった。自分で書いてて、抽象的過ぎて意味わかんねーwしかし生アフレコ良かったな。まめぐも遠藤さんも良かったけど、中村のいい声に惚れたw

I am so poor in translating Japanese internet language, but at least this looks like positive feedback, that it is a love song like Ao no Ether.

And someone’s jab on the lyrics:

「そうだよ」

そうだよ 君の声・・・

いつだって・・・・

何度も 届けていくよ

光とエナジー

今、会えなくけれど

僕は元気で・・・だから

・・・・・ないけれど

君の元気で・・・・いいな~

Souda yo

Souda yo, kimi no koe…..

Itsudatte…..

Nandemo todokete iku yo

Hikari to energy

Ima, aenaku keredo

Boku wa genki de……dakara

….nai keredo

Kimi no genki de….. ii na

That doesn’t look like a very short snippet, perhaps it’s short but there’s a lot of talk over it?

Maybe someone else wants to take a jab at a translation for this.

Source: GabrielRobins Article

Edited by DeX-kun

The comment:

"Sou da yo" that was played during the PV for the theatrical movie was a nice song. You could be moved to tears just by the melody... More than Ao no Ether, or a love song, it had the feeling of being for a scene where you have to part ways even though you love someone. Even though I'm writing this myself its getting too abstract and I don't understand what I mean, but the postproduction was really good. Megu and Endo-san were both good, but I'm falling in love with Nakamura's great voice.

The lyrics fragments:

That's right, your voice....

always....

No matter how many times, I'll go deliver it.

Light and energy.

I can't see you now but

I'm alright.... so

... not but...

That you alright... how good

They're really just fragments, making it next to impossible to tie them together.

I'm assuming its so full of holes because its missing parts from voice overs or soundeffects making it hard to hear.

At any rate I stink at translating lyrics. Especially woefully incomplete ones.

The comment:

"Sou da yo" that was played during the PV for the theatrical movie was a nice song. You could be moved to tears just by the melody... More than Ao no Ether, or a love song, it had the feeling of being for a scene where you have to part ways even though you love someone. Even though I'm writing this myself its getting too abstract and I don't understand what I mean, but the postproduction was really good. Megu and Endo-san were both good, but I'm falling in love with Nakamura's great voice.

The lyrics fragments:

That's right, your voice....

always....

No matter how many times, I'll go deliver it.

Light and energy.

I can't see you now but

I'm alright.... so

... not but...

That you alright... how good

They're really just fragments, making it next to impossible to tie them together.

I'm assuming its so full of holes because its missing parts from voice overs or soundeffects making it hard to hear.

At any rate I stink at translating lyrics. Especially woefully incomplete ones.

Oh that's quite alright XD You did more than enough here and I appreciate the effort you put in for it. Thanks, at least it sounds like this will be another hit song for MF but the only problem is that we're getting exposed to it at such an early stage, still I'm glad the song will be good from this response.

Speaking of the new song "Souda Yo," a member from the Animesuki forums named nanatsusaya posted a link to the preview of the Macross Frontier Movie that was ripped from the Bandai channel for those that haven't seen it yet. We mostly get recycled scenes but there is new clearer footage of Sheryl's new concert arena ^_^

Enjoy!

Also, now we actually have audio for these lines that have been translated by VF-25 Messiah already. I don't know if the audio changes the translations slightly but this is pretty much the gist of each characters line in order I believe. You can start reading these lines more or less after Alto/Yuiichi Nakamura finishes introducing, which is right after it reads "Macross Frontier: The Movie."

Hmm... something along the lines of:

Ranka: "Say Alto.. What do you think of Sheryl?"

Alto: "No way! There's no way he/she would..."... Alto also likes to use あいつ, so it could be reffering to almost anyone.

Sheryl: "I've misjudged you, Alto. I'm after all I'm soon going to leave."

Ranka: "No matter how hard I try I can't be like Sheryl!"

Sheryl: "During the real thing, push yourself to the limit to fly in a cool-looking way!" ... Ew, this one was not easy to put into English.

Alto: "Stop it, don't touch Ranka!"

Ranka: "Sheryl? Why, my" ... really just a fragment...

Alto: "No matter what happens you are not alone!"

Not a serious translation mind, just the gist of it I get from looking it over. Anyway, it doesn't appear to be dialouge as much as isolated quotes, presumingly taken from the movie. Taken out of context most of them are really vague.

Edited by DeX-kun

Based on the preview, as is, it looks like the movie is focusing on the events in the first 7 or 8 episodes. Does this mean that there'll be a series of Macross movies, a la Evangalion and Zeta Gundam???

Based on the preview, as is, it looks like the movie is focusing on the events in the first 7 or 8 episodes. Does this mean that there'll be a series of Macross movies, a la Evangalion and Zeta Gundam???

If this is true, it won't be as bad as all.

I just picked up the new Megumi Nakajima single, and, lo and behold, there's cover of Angel's Paints on it!

Nice stuff. :D

Although I have to say, the fact that she released it as a single B-Side makes it almost a sure bet that it won't be in the movie...

I just picked up the new Megumi Nakajima single, and, lo and behold, there's cover of Angel's Paints on it!

Nice stuff. :D

Although I have to say, the fact that she released it as a single B-Side makes it almost a sure bet that it won't be in the movie...

Believe the frontier homepage had a notice on this for over a month saying it would be... noone ever mentioned it here? :mellow:

I believe there was a fan voting that decided what song Megumi should cover on her next single, Angel's Paints won by a large margin.

http://macrossf.com/announceranka.html

Believe the frontier homepage had a notice on this for over a month saying it would be... noone ever mentioned it here? :mellow:

I believe there was a fan voting that decided what song Megumi should cover on her next single, Angel's Paints won by a large margin.

http://macrossf.com/announceranka.html

I guess I didn't read carefully enough...I thought the voting was for which song she should cover for the upcoming drama album... :wacko:

But no, I don't think anyone mentioned the single here. The A-side is a quite nice, up-tempo ballad. Overall, I think I like it a little more than her first single, but I'm still not sure yet (I've only listened to it twice so far).

Tell me that you knew I was joking. :rolleyes:

Of course. :p

Unfortunately, I just now thought of what I should have said before...

It's just linguistic convenience, like "record store" or "dialing" a phone number, or Misa"Forever."

Wish I'd though of it a few minutes earlier...

Anyway, I just took a walk to the ATM and road-tested the new Megumi single on my iPod. I've decided it's good. :)

I'm just trying to learn more about how things are in Japan so I ask questions, forgive me. :) I am an unlearned American :lol:

So, were you joking, or asking that seriously? :mellow:

Edit: Just in case, B-side refers to a song on a single that's not the main song, the main one being called the A-side. This way of calling it comes from the days of records when the songs were indeed recorded on different sides of the record. As far as I know not unique to Japan.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Hi Guys,

Looking for some help here

I bought the complete collection of Macross frontier (1 pack), but the English subtitles wont work. Any suggestions?

I contacted the retailer I bought it from but no answer. The DVD gives me the option of english subtitles, but they don't show on the screen

I would appreciate any help. I am new to M Frontier.

thanks

Sebastian

Hi Guys,

Looking for some help here

I bought the complete collection of Macross frontier (1 pack), but the English subtitles wont work. Any suggestions?

I contacted the retailer I bought it from but no answer. The DVD gives me the option of english subtitles, but they don't show on the screen

I would appreciate any help. I am new to M Frontier.

thanks

Sebastian

Complete set with english subtitles, eh? Means it's a bootleg. As for why the the subtitles don't show, no idea. Perhaps they're not encoded properly? I think there was a thread discussing malaysian set with subtitles.. perhaps you got that one? Anyway this is the news thread.

Even though i would like a sequel better, if they made a movie remake series with even better animation and that plugged some of the plot holes, that wouldn't be so bad.

The Evangelion 1.0 Movie was awesome, the story was almost the same but they changed it enough to keep it fresh. And the new animation was just jaw dropping stunning eye candy.

The diference between the two is that, although it still holds up, Evangelions animation is a bit dated, making the movies state of the art animation shine by comparison.

Macross F is stunningly animated (despite a few flaws here and there, some of wich have been fixed for the Blu-Ray release) . That, coupled with the fact that the movie is coming out about one year after the series ended, means it won't have the same impact as the Eva movies, in terms of animation comparison between series and movie.

Whatever venue they go with i just hope they make a great movie and that they keep them coming in order to keep the Macross franchise, in general, and the Frontier series, in particular, alive and kicking. In the very least, long enough for the still unreleased music to come out and for Bandai to make more models and figures and...

(His wallet jumps out of his pocket and runs for dear life) :lol:

Nice.. thanks for the link! Most of the scenes are recycled though-- I hope this isn't a foreboding for the movie.

You're welcome ^_^ No I doubt they would recycle it like this. They will most likely polish the scene a lot if they were to use a recycled scene but those scene were ripped right from the series as far as I can see.

Thanks for the link, Dex-kun.

Hmm, the PV contains most of the scenes from the first 3 episodes of Frontier, new Sheryl stage looks awesome.

Those scenes were just there to fill in the gap for the VA's that were reciting their lines. I agree though that the Sheryl arena seems to look very nice but for some reason it looks like a secret base of some sort xD

You bring up a very interesting question and well it is one part of the rumors that they were thinking of breaking up the movie into parts but because of financial issues, it won't be done, but it's just too early to tell anything. I for one wouldn't mind it but the waiting is just too excruciating <_<. They made SDFM into a movie and that series was much longer, so I don't think they'll make it into a series of movies but that's just my opinion ;)

That would be a cheap way of getting a movie out of this series...Just think...3 movies with re-worked animation of the series we watched a year ago (yes, by next month, it will be a year since Frontier came out)....I hear Gundam 00 is getting the same treatment...