Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Have Frontier's disc sales been this strong?!? If it's true then that's quite impressive (yes the source is 4chan).

Top 5 Best Selling mecha show of the last 10 years (numbers in average of copies per volume of DVD/DVD and BluRay):

1. Gundam Seed(And Destiny) (66,000)

2. Macross Frontier (55,000)

2. Code Geass and R2 (48,000)

3. Gundam 00 and S2 (35,000)

4. Gurren-Lagann (20,000)

5. RahXephon (9,000)

Heh Pete, that honestly has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever read.

I can think of nothing worse than having to listen to fat, sweaty fanboys sing badly out of tune karaoke renditions of Totsugeki Love Heart.

My ears are already bleeding just at the thought.

Graham

You have no idea how close that becoming true for me. I happen to be at one of the Joysound Macross kareoke events last time I was in Tokyo and there were a couple of westerners in the crowd who were trying to get in on it. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your view, they could only take 5 competitors out of the 10 or so gathered there. So they whittled the number down through group "Rock, Paper, Scissors" (Jankepon?sp?). And it just so happen that the two guys was knocked out by the second draw. I could only imagine what they would have sung had they got on.

And oh yeah, from that particular event atleast, no one sang "Totsugeki Love Heart". Out of the five, four of them sang "Fly Away", to varying levels of success. The first guy who looked like he's a Japanese heavy metal fan did the best of them all, no surprise there.

The last one, and the only female of the lot, surprised me and a few of the people in the crowd(I overheard a couple of people near me exclaimed "Wow!" and commented on the vintage nature of the song. The girl herself would have been still in her 20's) for singing "Tenshi no Enogu" .

R-E-S-P-E-C-T from me there lady.

Due to the success of Frontier and the album sales, I do wonder now how many of them would be singing Frontier songs now.

I'll stop bashing Gundam, it's not doing any good. :)

Don't stop. You can't let them win. You just can't....

And to kinda bring things back on topic, there now seems to be quite a few t-shirts turning up for pre-order to commemorate the Macross Launch Ceremony.

Here's the pick of the lot:

Lovely Concert

SDF-1 t-shirt

Booby Trapped

And the SDF Launch Ceremony t-shirt itself

They come in different sized and colors so check the site if you're thinking of getting one to fit you. I personally liked the Booby Trapped and the SDF Launch Ceremony ones.

アニメージュ吉野インタビューまとめ

劇場版について

・何箇所か、大きく流れが変わる場所があります

アルト、ランカ、シェリルの関係にもう一石ぐらい投じられる感じです

・一石とは新たなフラグというか、仕掛けが導入されるという意味です

・バルキリーの戦闘はテレビでは宇宙が多かったけど、もうちょっと大気圏内で戦っている姿が見られます。

・ランカもシェリルも、新曲は必ずあります。菅野さんが鋭意製作中です。

Babelfish translation:

About theater edition

Some place, there is a place where the flow changes largely

It is the feeling which about a stone is already thrown to the relationship of alto, [ranka] and [shieriru]

A stone the new flag, rather than in the sense that setting up is introduced,

As for the Valkyrie battle however in the television outer space was many, you can see the form which already fights in just a little atmospheric.

[ranka] and [shieriru], by all means there is a new tune. Sugaya is in the midst of ardent producing.

Babelfish translation:

About theater edition

Some place, there is a place where the flow changes largely

It is the feeling which about a stone is already thrown to the relationship of alto, [ranka] and [shieriru]

A stone the new flag, rather than in the sense that setting up is introduced,

As for the Valkyrie battle however in the television outer space was many, you can see the form which already fights in just a little atmospheric.

[ranka] and [shieriru], by all means there is a new tune. Sugaya is in the midst of ardent producing.

...which once again proves that Babelfish is next to useless.

The parts the kresphy highlighted say that the love triangle will (I think) be resolved, that the Valkyries will be shown in more fights in the atmosphere, and that both Ranka and Sheryl will have new songs.

...which once again proves that Babelfish is next to useless.

The parts the kresphy highlighted say that the love triangle will (I think) be resolved, that the Valkyries will be shown in more fights in the atmosphere, and that both Ranka and Sheryl will have new songs.

Right on, except that the relationship will be resolved. Going by the wording it seems more like it's going to get more complicated.

Right on, except that the relationship will be resolved. Going by the wording it seems more like it's going to get more complicated.

Yeah, I was too lazy to look up the words I didn't know, so call it an educated guess on my part. :p

More complicated, huh? Does this mean that Ranka will actually give Sheryl a real run for her money...?

Geez, can't I ever count on you Japanese knowing peoples to translate right????? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU???? :lol:

I'm looking at you, Gubaba.

I'm busy today...I was going to leave it alone, but the Babelfish translation was SO unhelpful, that I thought I'd throw my half-assed ass-hat into the ring...but I didn't really want to haul out my huge dictionary...the first bit was the only one I couldn't read, so I kind of guessed. Which is why I wrote "I think" in there.

If you don't like it, I could just go away and leave you to your own devices, Mr. "WAAAH...don't-put-Japanese-in-here-because-I-can't-read-it." :p

If you don't like it, I could just go away and leave you to your own devices, Mr. "WAAAH...don't-put-Japanese-in-here-because-I-can't-read-it." :p

No really, you should. Leave them to fend for themselves as more Japanese text gets posted. :lol:

No really, you should. Leave them to fend for themselves as more Japanese text gets posted. :lol:

Whoa-whoa-whoa! Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Some of us appreciate the translations, and understand it takes time and hard work to get a proper translation. So please dont stop on the account of one curmudgeon. :lol:

I need to learn that Gubaba=Azrael and Nanase=Gubaba...

So there will be more atmospheric flying! hmm...does this imply we'll pick up where the TV series left on Vajra homeworld???

The fact that the triangle will be "stirred" also suggest it's going to be a sequel and not "one day in the life of Frontier" like that M7 "film"

Edited by regult

So there will be more atmospheric flying! hmm...does this imply we'll pick up where the TV series left on Vajra homeworld???

The fact that the triangle will be "stirred" also suggest it's going to be a sequel and not "one day in the life of Frontier" like that M7 "film"

Dunno. The TV series had a severe lack of atmospheric action. I'm guessing the producers want to remedy that in the movie.

We don't know what the movie is about right now. The grapevine says it's going to be a DYRL?-style movie.

To be exact, in that sentence there is a ぐらい which means "approximately". I think it means that the movie will have all the things we expect from the love triangle except for a few twists.

Just so long as means that, or a new angle to it..but not changing how it was resolved. (Or wasn't resolved. :lol: )