Character Art Appreciaton Thread II

d3v

it's been a while since I contributed anything, so here's some stuff.

ranka

post-4286-1231524939_thumb.jpg

more ranka

post-4286-1231524948_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1231525764_thumb.jpg

year of the cow!

post-4286-1231525002_thumb.jpg

year of the cow... panties :ph34r:

post-4286-1231525059_thumb.jpg

year of the WTF?!?!?

WTF?!?!?

sheryl

post-4286-1231525300_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1231525482_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1231525523_thumb.jpg

post-4286-1231525555_thumb.jpg

tiny alto

post-4286-1231525342_thumb.jpg

more alto/sheryl

post-4286-1231525583_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1231525615_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1231525429_thumb.jpg

sheryl/ranka

post-4286-1231525960_thumb.jpg

crossovers

post-4286-1231526009_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1231526025_thumb.jpg

prerequisite alto cross dressing. (not as many good cross dressing altos lately, I think kimono alto just blew everything else out of the water)

post-4286-1231526093_thumb.jpg

and the らき☆ of the post is....

shishio!... ?

post-4286-1231526181_thumb.jpg

um, ok... well thats all (technically I've got more, but there so NSFW and I don't like getting banned)

post-4286-1231525821_thumb.jpg

Jesus Christ I'm on vacation... (no seriously I am) this is the first time I've been online since Friday, and like Gubaba said most of it's already on Danbooru by now anyways.

Jesus Christ I'm on vacation... (no seriously I am) this is the first time I've been online since Friday, and like Gubaba said most of it's already on Danbooru by now anyways.

If you're on vacation, tell us. We (Mike, Jamie, Ben, Sam, Fred, Darren, and I)* will accept it.

Well, I'd better get to that, then...

* I am SchizophrenicMC, aren't I?

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

• 2 weeks later...
What does the first pic do to estimates of the real height of the Glaug? That Zentran getting into his Glaug seems wayy smaller than the official stats would have us believe (10m Zentran, 16m Glaug)

it does nothing.

that illustration employs artistic freedom and forced perspective to create a dramatic image and not technical accuracy.

Macross does it all the time.

it does nothing.

that illustration employs artistic freedom and forced perspective to create a dramatic image and not technical accuracy.

Macross does it all the time.

Couldn't agree more...

^_^

That's sad, given how badly the Glaug needs a retcon.

Argh... all those comments about "cannon" & "retcon" are giving me a headache... Let's keep this as just the art thread please...

:wacko:

BTW... Moar Zentradi...

post-7862-1232646869_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1232646885_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1232646984_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Which brings up the question---is the variable Glaug absolutely gigantic? If it's designed for macro Zentradi in the cockpit...

just going by cockpit hatch size, I'd say they're about the same size, with the original glaug being a little taller do to the legs.

vglaug-gerwalk.gifglaug.gif

Edited by anime52k8

The one with Ranka and Alto in the mechbay is kinda cute. I actually think I like that the best of that bunch. "A day in the life" shot instead of the usual sexualized images ...though there isn't anything wrong with those either. B))

Think I'll use it as my new desktop.

I agree with Dangard Ace about the "day in the life of" - and Ranka always looked gogeous in that school girl uniform (not that I'm into school girl uniforms - honest- but in her case it just soooo totally suits her - as well as the color white going well with her eyes and hair).

As for the bikini pic - well - it FAILS. Sorry, but I never liked that bikini that Sheryl has on. The top part of the bikini looks like a wonder-bra - not a bikini top. Wonder bras are greeat insofar as they raise the breasts of a woman and make them look more firm - however- like all braws - they are meant to be worn UNDER a nice tight fitting sweater or shirt or dress or whatever. Left by themselves - they look too utilitarian - and that's what happens here.

As for the bikini bottom - it's showing skin in all the wrong places and actually disfigures her body. Bikinii bottoms should high light the woman's nice behind, not the fact that she is clean shaved. FASHION FAILURE!

As for Ranka's bikinii - there's nothing wrong with it - except for the fact that it was made for a 9 year old girl, not for a 16 year old girl. It totally disfigures her.

Also - I've noticed that the hardest thing about animating Ranka is getting her face right. It's hard to get that cute puppy like look of hers down - and this picture doesn't fully do it.

The "day in the life of picture" does a much better job of getting Ranka's cuteness down pat.

BUT

it also fails in another aspect: Look at Alto.

Does he look like a princess? Would you mistaken him for a sex goddess?

Alto in that picture looks like a grumpy old man, like that guy from Macross Zero who waved the screw driver at shin.

Finally - the arms on those Mecha in the background are too chunky.

And no - I couldn't do better. :)

Pete