Character Art Appreciaton Thread II

d3v

Gubaba - you need to create a link in your Sig that leads to a paypal account where people can donate a coupel of dollars to you every time you do things like this which surely make them happy.

That is AWESOME!!!

Pete

Yeah - maybe I'm old hat - but no amount of S&M giggly boobs (or is that gigly boobs...how do you spell "giggly" - the word for gigle as opposed to "ha ha" / giggle...oh - I answered my own question...)

Errr...no amount of gigly boobs and S&M or even cute fluffy green hair or anything will ever top the utter beauty and grace of Misa...

what a girl!

Pete

Yeah - maybe I'm old hat - but no amount of S&M giggly boobs (or is that gigly boobs...how do you spell "giggly" - the word for gigle as opposed to "ha ha" / giggle...oh - I answered my own question...)

Jiggle. With a J. (I *could* be such a grammar nazi online, but I'm not) (though I usually do point out affect and effect, that one bugs me, as I see lots of "professionals" get it wrong)

Well I did explicitly ask :) And yeah - after writing that post I remembered that it was with a J, which is why I KNEW I was making a mistake... but having no contact with the english language on a daily basis beyond MW sometimes makes my brain malfunction :)

Pete

(and no, teaching ESL doesn't count as "contact with the english language" - think of it more like reducing your speech down to the level that your 4 year old might understand that it's not good to poopy in his pants)

Well I think Gubaba is just doing it because he's working on her book. He'll dump Misa like a wet sock once she's served his purpose and move onward (or maybe back?) to the fertile ground of Nanase....

Although I speculate... one can never be sure of the mysterious ways of the The Gubaba :)

Pete

Well I think Gubaba is just doing it because he's working on her book. He'll dump Misa like a wet sock once she's served his purpose and move onward (or maybe back?) to the fertile ground of Nanase....

Although I speculate... one can never be sure of the mysterious ways of the The Gubaba :)

Pete

DYRL pics will be next. B))

But hey, as long as I'm here...

WR2.jpg

Edited by Gubaba

thats pretty cool Kronnang.

Gubaba, cant wait for those DYRL piccys *giddy* ooh misa...*right-click-save* *set as mobile phone background*

*content sigh*

No...um, I meant for my avatar. I don't believe I have any rare DYRL pics. The DYRL novel (unlike My Fair Minmay and White Reminiscences) only uses black-and-white screenshots from the movie. Pretty dull, actually.

No...um, I meant for my avatar. I don't believe I have any rare DYRL pics. The DYRL novel (unlike My Fair Minmay and White Reminiscences) only uses black-and-white screenshots from the movie. Pretty dull, actually.

oooh i see :lol: i guess i was just excited. That is pretty dull,you'd think for a novel they would have alteast one or two pictures drawn just for the written work..ah well.

In order of appearance:

1. New Misa:

L-O-V-E!!

Seriously - I so prefer Misa in normal civilian clothes, let alone in cute preppy outfits, to her uniform. She is a dream girl!

2. Zentradi soldiers fighting a Valk on the hull of SDF-1

Now - that picture is great because it is dark and full of terror. It perfectly illustrates just how blood curdlingly chilling the whole concept of Macross is...I mean - you're out in the void of space, far from Earth, alone, and big green men with clubs are trying to smash your brains in. IT'S SCARY.

That's one thing that Macross does not do very well - it fails to illustrate the fear of space combat... or of combat in general. Hikaru is more often than not grappling with his pacifist inclination rather than just plane scared out of his whits... and Misa, upon seeing the dead pilot in space, doesn't think "oh, the horrors of war!" but instead thinks "Hikaru was right - they are risking themselves, so I'll show them I can take risks too and get into the cats eye to go on a dangerous mission myself." It's all very noble, but there isn't much terror going on - and this picture does a good job of terrifying us.

Nice find.

3. Blonde Minmey:

No.

4. NERV EVA Valkyries:

Very nice!

Yamato - please call Gainax now.

Please ask them to license the three EVAs to you so you can customize the VF-1 molds into transformable EVAs and make these.

They will be a hit in 2010!

Pete

nekkid.png

"Uh we're getting some weird video transmissions from where the Megaroad 01 disappeared..."

I wouldnt mind being that pilot :p:wub:

someone tell me why they dont bring out a book like the Sheryl visual collection or the Ranka book thats out, all about Misa with new artworks and a big poster,that would be a gift from the heavens.

speaking of which,anyone got any of the scans from the Ranka book?

Edited by Vepariga

Stuff grabbed from the 'booru:

post-10235-1259130474_thumb.jpg

In the future apparently humanity has forgotten how to eat pizza. And probably not a movie spoiler:

post-10235-1259130496_thumb.png

Also, there seems to be a lot of Sheryl art on a "birthday" theme. Last I knew she didn't have an official birthday like Alto and Ranka, or am I mistaken there?

The Pizza image is a little bit funny :p

And yes, in one of the calendars that came with the DVDs it was stated that Sheryl´s Birthday is November 23

Knowing Grace, she arranged the pizza party, is monitoring the pizza party, and has tainted the pizza with nano-machines that will penetrate and probe Ranka's body to find the secret of how to control the Vajra.

And you thought it was a happy moment :)

Pete

post-10235-1259130496_thumb.png

The age old question of whether that should be considered lesbianism or playing with yourself.

Nice one VFTF1. Though no moment is truly happy when Pizza Hut pizza is involved...

Ahh, looks like we all missed Sherie's first B-day... Though I think that goes for every character anyway.