Character Art Appreciaton Thread II

d3v

You enjoyed Sheryl dressed as Basara, right? So if Sheryl = Basara, then it stands to reason that Basara = Sheryl. Therefore, this picture is awesome. ^_^

ummm... not really.

its like that picture of all the male characters from Macross F in the roles of the female lead characters (the one where someone's buttocks is exposed) or the same 5 pictures alto in a dress . At first its neat but if it gets posted continuosly then someone wants to kill someone. :lol:

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

ummm... not really.

its like that picture of all the male characters from Macross F in the roles of the female lead characters (the one where someone's buttocks is exposed) or the same 5 pictures alto in a dress . At first its neat but if it gets posted continuosly then someone wants to kill someone. :lol:

I...can't disagree with that. But Mylene looks cute (as always) and Gamlin's expression is perfect. ^_^

Wait - I don't get it...

Is that Bassara waving goodbye to Sheryl seen from a mirror as he leaves her apartment while she waves to someone else?

Or is that just a combination of two scenes from MF and M7 respectively?

Pete

I think that picture just proves that Sheryl and Basara are a couple. The thing is, Bassara spends a lot of time in Fold Space. It's like the Bottox of Macross insofar as it keeps you young. He pops out every once in a while to sing to whales or visit Sheryl.

Makes sense. Glad there's an actual screencap to prove it.

Pete

Wait - I don't get it...

Is that Bassara waving goodbye to Sheryl seen from a mirror as he leaves her apartment while she waves to someone else?

Pete

2 separate scenes. i think lobizon is pointing out that both of them have the habit of waving goodbye while walking away without looking.

I think that picture just proves that Sheryl and Basara are a couple. The thing is, Bassara spends a lot of time in Fold Space. It's like the Bottox of Macross insofar as it keeps you young. He pops out every once in a while to sing to whales or visit Sheryl.

Makes sense. Glad there's an actual screencap to prove it.

Pete

wait, what? :p

A combination.

Sheryl's scene: Macross Frontier-Episode 05 " Star Date "

Basara's scene: Macross 7-Episode 11 " Minmay Video "

i think lobizon is pointing out that both of them have the habit of waving goodbye while walking away without looking.

Yup, that is my point.

Semi-related to the thread, are there any artwork and/or renders from the ACE games readily available on the net?

If not, that's gonna be alot of patchwork... :(

http://www.ace-game.jp/ace03/top.html

Wow! They really allow the pictures to zoom in. Looks like we'll have to piece them together. That's kinda lousy, but damn they look nice!

here, i took the VF1S, but they dont seem to have the zoom-in feature for the other Macross mechs

post-2222-1248406968_thumb.jpg

That's a better job than I did.

It's only the first mech of each series page unfortunately. I already got the YF-19, VF-1S, and the Nirvash so far. I'm working (very slowly) through each of those. I'll be finished... someday. :mellow:

I patched these together a while ago, when they first popped up. I thought I had posted them here, but I can't find the post. I think I was waiting until I finished my 25th Ann. desktop (before Frontier was even announced) -but I ended up going back to school and forgot about it.

I know I still have them, though. So if you don't feel like stitching together the 19, I'll post it tonight. The 1S was easy.

Edited by Kelsain

I happened across this really cute Sally Ford cel on YahooJP last week, and was tempted to order it via my proxy. Thought I'd re-post it here! :lol:

post-1561-1248449863_thumb.jpg

here, i took the VF1S, but they dont seem to have the zoom-in feature for the other Macross mechs

post-2222-1248406968_thumb.jpg

OK, I put up the versions I have. I had to downsample the 19 a little bit. If you need the uncompressed art with clipping paths, PM me!

See Here