Character Art Appreciaton Thread II

d3v

I wonder what we'd get instead of poor "table-kun"?

Man that scene was weird..it creeped me out more than anything...especially....the...um....residue.

Now I'm even more pissed off I was too lazy to find it on the internet, instead of watching the dub... Frakkin' FCC. <_<

Though, considering it's Nina... Well, she's Meganne, right? :lol:

In that case, it is our solemn duty as Bros to support his efforts.

The Bro Code, Article 80 states: A bro shall make every effort to aid another Bro in riding the tricycle, short of completing the tricycle himself.

:p

/highfive

Agreed, although I believe he really doesn't need much help in that department. Although he does seem to be in need of a wingman seeing as his previous one has gone to the great bar in the sky where all bros go, unless that is, Klan has decided to step up and become his wingwoman.

/highfive

Agreed, although I believe he really doesn't need much help in that department. Although he does seem to be in need of a wingman seeing as his previous one has gone to the great bar in the sky where all bros go, unless that is, Klan has decided to step up and become his wingwoman.

oh the possibilities... ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

Don't get me wrong, by wingwoman I'm not implying anything between Alto and Klan other than her helping him get it with Ranka and Sheryl.

:( I'd rather see a Sheryl/Alto/Klan lesbian threesome. Or a Sheryl/Alto/Ranka/MACRO Klan where they're... oh god I'm getting dizzy. :p

/highfive

Awesome! :D

Well, Robin (from HIMYM) was a perfectly good wingman. i think klan would also be pretty good at it. she does act as the "wingman" when sheryl was about to leave the school/concert grounds. you could say she did even better than michael. :)

:( I'd rather see a Sheryl/Alto/Klan lesbian threesome. Or a Sheryl/Alto/Ranka/MACRO Klan where they're... oh god I'm getting dizzy. :p

Klan: "There's room for everyone!!" :blink:

Can I post an NSFW pic? :lol:

May I suggest sending a PM to all the bros who would like to partake of such a pic.

Awesome! :D

Well, Robin (from HIMYM) was a perfectly good wingman. i think klan would also be pretty good at it. she does act as the "wingman" when sheryl was about to leave the school/concert grounds. you could say she did even better than michael. :)

That is true, and there's no danger of contracting a relationship with Klan (which seems to be fatal btw.)

Edited by d3v

Can I post an NSFW pic? :lol:

No... if you get to post NSFW then I should get to post NSFW. And If I'm allowed to post NSFW then I'm going to post the other half of my collection you haven't seen. And if I post that everyone on the board would die of uncontrollable nosebleed and orgasm. And we wouldn't want that would we. ^_^

Re: Anime52k8's Nanase pic:

Best one of the lot.

I think the explanation for 'what is she doing' is two fold:

1. Notice how she's lying down in exactly the same pose as Sheryl in that magazine?

2. Remember in episode 8, when Nanase confronted Sheryl in the shower and told her to leave Ranka alone, and that Ranka can do just fine without Sheryl hustling her to try to give her a "hand" ?

Sheryl made a remark abou how beautiful Nanase was.

I think Nanase didn't expect that. She never seemed to think of herself as a girl that could be as attractive as other women - not even as Ranka. She was just a loyal friend and a caring person.

So - I think in this pic she's taking a moment to reflect on her sexual appeal and feminity - something she doesn't usually do in the anime. Actually - something she NEVER does in the anime.

She really is good looking :) Probably the best looking Macross girl ever. Funny that she ends up being a side-lined character.

Pete

Re: Anime52k8's Nanase pic:

Best one of the lot.

I think the explanation for 'what is she doing' is two fold:

1. Notice how she's lying down in exactly the same pose as Sheryl in that magazine?

2. Remember in episode 8, when Nanase confronted Sheryl in the shower and told her to leave Ranka alone, and that Ranka can do just fine without Sheryl hustling her to try to give her a "hand" ?

Sheryl made a remark abou how beautiful Nanase was.

I think Nanase didn't expect that. She never seemed to think of herself as a girl that could be as attractive as other women - not even as Ranka. She was just a loyal friend and a caring person.

So - I think in this pic she's taking a moment to reflect on her sexual appeal and feminity - something she doesn't usually do in the anime. Actually - something she NEVER does in the anime.

She really is good looking :) Probably the best looking Macross girl ever. Funny that she ends up being a side-lined character.

Pete

*sniff* That was beautiful, man...

That pic of Nanase is straight out of Gubaba's dreams. :p:lol:

Nah...if it had been from my dreams, she'd still be wearing her glasses. :D

Is that one Monica? I hate upskirt shots - they totally ruin the curvature that a girl gets thanks to a well designed skirt...

As for the Macross 7 comics - I don't undertsand them. Why is Basara clueless as to what he should do whenever someone tells him to stop singing?

Mylene is nice - the character is...now that I think about it...nnn...so vague... Hard to pin... She's like...undefined. Mylene just ...hmm...

Ah - now I remember - I really thought she was cute in that episode where she snuck after Basara into the forrest where Sivil was sleeping in her...um...cacoon thing...

I need to watch Macross 7 again - seriously.

Pete

Gubaba is going to nosebleed when I tell him that my GF is a lot like Nanase in looks and personality ^^

if thats true,you have quite a catch there lol

on the other hand,the mylene pics are nice, I think i may have to give Mac 7 a re-watch too,its been a while.

Hm. This digression on the subject of girlfriends in the character art thread has suddenly made me realize something:

If people don't start making/posting nice pics of Misa Hayase (my Macross girl-who-looks/acts-like-my-girlfriend) soon, I might just start looking around for a girl who looks more like Sheryl or Ranka, since that's all we keep getting in this thread...and Nanase - but finding a girl like her is actually not easy - such great proportions are truly rare...

Oh well... getting stuck with Misa is fine, although she's probably the least "cute'n'fun'bubbly" Macross girl of them all. She's just very romantic and sentimental, but not at all as extroverted as all these other girls. But then again, I guess I'm most like Hikaru. I would rather be a circus pilot, but had to fly my plane in the real world of conflict, which I don't like - and I HATE authority, and constantly complain about it...

Dag. I never realized just how much I was like the blandest of the bland Macross characters :o

I just hope Hikaru secretly wrote long posts or kept a diary or something....

In the episode right before his first battle ("Daedelus Attack") - we see a couple of books on his shelf when Roy visits him to say goodnight. I could have sworn one of them was Plato...

was it?

Pete

But then again, I guess I'm most like Hikaru. I would rather be a circus pilot, but had to fly my plane in the real world of conflict, which I don't like - and I HATE authority, and constantly complain about it...

Pete

So just how many time have you been shot down?

Don't really know why you you are complaining. I personally still prefer Misa above all the other Macross women.

If people don't start making/posting nice pics of Misa Hayase (my Macross girl-who-looks/acts-like-my-girlfriend) soon, I might just start looking around for a girl who looks more like Sheryl or Ranka, since that's all we keep getting in this thread...and Nanase - but finding a girl like her is actually not easy - such great proportions are truly rare...

Well, there was a time when MisaForsakenForever may have had provided such, however methinks he's pretty much forsaken her for Klan and Nanase.

So just how many time have you been shot down?

More than I can count! If I had a dollar for every time I've been shot down in life, I'd be a millionaire by now :) Thankfully, just like Hikaru - there's never any permanent damage done :)

Well, there was a time when MisaForsakenForever may have had provided such, however methinks he's pretty much forsaken her for Klan and Nanase.

Nanase- yes. Klan...I'm just not into 50 foot women :(

Don't really know why you you are complaining. I personally still prefer Misa above all the other Macross women.

Case in point:

1 am in the morning. I'm sound asleep. RING RING RING! OBOETEIMASUKA!... (my cell phone has Minmey singing as the ring tone...). It's "my Misa."

Me (groggy): 'what is it...?'

My Misa: "We have to talk about those Revoltech Haurhi Suzumiya figures you keep by your bedside. They're so sleazy!'

Me: 'You called me at 1 in the morning because you're jealous of my Haruhi Suzumiya figures?'

My Misa: "I can understand giant robots, but those ugly dolls are so disgusting!"

Me: "Have you even seen The Melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya? Do you know why she's wearing a bunny outfit?

My Misa: "I'm not talking about that one, but the one without a skirt!"

Me: "Oh, Asahina? She has a skirt, I just removed it..."

My Misa: "That's disgusting!"

Me: "But it fits with the story, because Haruhi is awlays undressing Asahina..."

My Misa: "But how can a man have dolls!? Why can't you just put some robots next to your bed! What will people think?!"

Me: "What people? Besides, Haruhi Suzumiya is really good. You should check it out. There are no robots and there's no fighting..."

My Misa: "Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I think it's sleazy!"

And then she let me go back to sleep :)

Jeeeezzz...

One more for the Alto-hime is Yuri Love Brigade.

Sheryl looks great in Chinese waitress dress and semi-Minmei hair :) And that ...er...lingerie thing on her leg is precious!

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Case in point:

1 am in the morning. I'm sound asleep. RING RING RING! OBOETEIMASUKA!... (my cell phone has Minmey singing as the ring tone...). It's "my Misa."

Me (groggy): 'what is it...?'

My Misa: "We have to talk about those Revoltech Haurhi Suzumiya figures you keep by your bedside. They're so sleazy!'

Me: 'You called me at 1 in the morning because you're jealous of my Haruhi Suzumiya figures?'

My Misa: "I can understand giant robots, but those ugly dolls are so disgusting!"

Me: "Have you even seen The Melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya? Do you know why she's wearing a bunny outfit?

My Misa: "I'm not talking about that one, but the one without a skirt!"

Me: "Oh, Asahina? She has a skirt, I just removed it..."

My Misa: "That's disgusting!"

Me: "But it fits with the story, because Haruhi is awlays undressing Asahina..."

My Misa: "But how can a man have dolls!? Why can't you just put some robots next to your bed! What will people think?!"

Me: "What people? Besides, Haruhi Suzumiya is really good. You should check it out. There are no robots and there's no fighting..."

My Misa: "Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I think it's sleazy!"

And then she let me go back to sleep :)

Jeeeezzz...

Pete

I lolled.

If I had to compare, I'd say my girlfriend is most like... ... ... Luca... :unsure:

Introverted, smart, short, has-shorter-hair-than-their-love-interest... Also, she kinda sucks at piloting. Just throwin' that out there. :lol:

Okay, I don't have a girlfriend. :huh: I must live vicariously through all of you - for now. Post some pics - with said girlfriends permission mind you - beside those whom they most resemble. Either in looks or personality. Then we can vote on who is the most similar. :D

Dressed in similar attire would be most helpful - and in the case of those Nanase or Klan lookalikes, most anticipated!!

Edited by Thom