Character Art Appreciaton Thread II

d3v

It appears Haruhiko Mikimoto is already welcoming 2010!

Just back from my holiday and found this beautiful pic you've posted. Thanks!!

The characters look great. Kinda upgraded yet really close to the original. But Minmei get's a super upgrade compared to some of the others!

post-9033-1262486621_thumb.jpg

:blink::blink::blink:

What the hell? I just met up with one of my friends visiting from Japan earlier today, and she gave me some stuff I had ordered, including the Macross Dynamite 7 novels. The picture you posted is the cover of Volume 1. I'd never seen it before, and no I've seen it in two different places in the same day...? Weird.

:blink::blink::blink:

What the hell? I just met up with one of my friends visiting from Japan earlier today, and she gave me some stuff I had ordered, including the Macross Dynamite 7 novels. The picture you posted is the cover of Volume 1. I'd never seen it before, and no I've seen it in two different places in the same day...? Weird.

I've got this as a poster from a old NEWTYPE mag, I can't remember which issue. ^_^

post-9033-1262365852_thumb.jpg

And the Valkgirl Leekspin would be next, I assume? :)

Oh wow.. my brain just did a crazy mashup mid-thought, and now I'm imagining Miku Apple. :blink: And if you used the latest Miku design style.. it could actually work. :ph34r:

Edit: imagine Sharon crossed with this:

vn02miku.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

Nope. Totally unrelated.

Oh Gubaba either its a coincidence or I'm screwing around with your head. :lol:

Oh that's right..that's Elma from Dynamite. I was just thrown off by the fact that she was depicted together with Mylene. Just couldn't connect the dots...

And please stop messing with poor Gubaba! :D

post-11581-1262606391_thumb.jpgpost-11581-1262606366_thumb.jpg

May I just say that I adore that Super Robot Wars picture - although other than Katsugari and Minmey...I'm not sure about the rest of the girls - help?

And Gubaba... underappreciated is right!! Is that...I dunno...flashback 2012?? Who are they?!

Pete

Generation? What's that???

*takes closer look*

I know!!

It's Macross and the Mob - when Minmey acquires the ...protection of the Gambino family on the Megaroad 1.

Mess with this broad and you got a problem bub.

Give this dame a chance to sing, or find a horse's bloody head in yer bed mack.

I got an offer you can't refuse jack. Minmey sings - or they'll be playin' the church organ with yer ribs.

Pete :lol:

Generation? What's that???

A radio drama series. It's not very good, unfortunately.

It's 2047, on the Macross 9 Fleet. Passel (the white-haired girl on the first album cover) wants to be a singer like her idol, Canary Minmay (the purple-haired girl on the second cover) (and no, I'm not making up that name). Meanwhile, she meets Rafale (the guy on the first cover), a cosmo-bike racer. But Passel's bitchy friend Liza (the girl with the hat) tries to steal him away. And two mafiosos (on the second cover) are hunting for him too.

A Valkyrie crashes at the end, and everyone listens to Passel's song.

EDIT: Amazingly, VFTF1's guesses aren't too far off, really. :D

Edited by Gubaba

And two mafiosos (on the second cover) are hunting for him too.

It's good to see that the double breasted blazer jacket is still a gangster staple in 2047!

Thanks for the pics. Have to confess I'd never seen these characters before...

CALLED IT BEFORE YOUR REVELATION!! :)

Am I good or what? :lol:

Pete

Strangely, the second mafioso (the one on the far right) is voiced by the same guy that does Gamlin.

(And he also plays a guy with the odd name of "El Niño Gumpy" on one or two of the Macross 7 drama albums. Even the guy who plays Honey Suzuki gets a role on those, as "Professor Bunny" (and yes, he DOES INDEED say, "Please...call me 'Bunny'").)

There's also a VERY minor character in Macross Generation who gets voiced by Kaifun's actor. And Rafale is voiced by Shinji Ikari's voice actress. She even gets to sing "Runner" in the last episode.

Edited by Gubaba

Thanks for the pics. Have to confess I'd never seen these characters before...

The radio dramas have a wealth of strange characters that never appear anywhere else. The aforementioned El Niño Gumpy and Professor Bunny, Lark Skybeauty and Panther, a "computer ghost"...the list goes on. And weirdly, the Flower Girl is the main character in some of them.