Character Art Appreciaton Thread II

d3v

I'm obliged to praise Macross Zero art. Although this art does a good job reminding me of the one missing ingredient in Zero - no humor! :) It was a brooding, serious, depressing venture... although not as subdued as Plus...

Still... I would like to see more Sara art as she is one of my favorite Macross girls...

And I like the VF-11B getting some love too.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
But Make No Mistakes And Switch Up My Channel

I'm Buddy Rich When I Fly Off The Handle

LOL!

Oh My, It's A Mirage

I'm Tellin' Y'all It's Sabotage

- Pretty much what he was thinking in the Phantasm episode while he was dreaming, and probably blaming Misa for his accident. :p

Edited by dreamweaver13

2 more i just found.

Oohh, i love the second one. :) Makes you wonder, after SW1 and the launch of the megaroad, if Misa and Minmay became BFFs, much like Ranka and Sheryl. In the series and DYRL, they weren't particularly close.

Edited by dreamweaver13

As always, I just love how completely unconcerned Max is that Millia just hucked their infant daughter across the room for poor freaked-out Misa to catch. :lol: If anything, do I detect a hint of smile on his face there? "Whoop! First-time mommy's tossing the kid around again! Ha ha ha! Isn't she wacky?"

In the happy Misa pic you can tell she's just faking it.

After all- that was the scene where she came back to the bridge of the Macross and was making fun of the expectation that she should be thrilled about where she works...

But all nice pics :)

Pete

I've looking around for some good wallpapers for a while and for some reason, the people who make them tend to take gorgeous artwork and then add lens flares, logos, special filters and watermarks up the ass which ruins the original concept. So when high res scans of the Sheryl artbook came out, I just made my own. Only one needed a bit of editing other than some cropping and centering which had another picture in the corner which I cut out and then smoothed the edges that intersected with the pink "aura". Originals can be found http://moe.imouto.org/pool/show/1057

post-8515-1256523603_thumb.jpg

post-8515-1256523649_thumb.jpg

post-8515-1256523684_thumb.jpg

post-8515-1256523713_thumb.jpg

post-8515-1256524489_thumb.jpg

Edited by lanis

Don't you remember? When she and Max had dinner, and she was wearing makeup and a slinky dress and calling him "Daddy," and everyone from the bridge bunnies to the bartender looked scandalized...?

Bingo, I stand corrected!

Hm.

First I completely miss the meaning of "It hurts and feels like it's going to rip" scene in My Fair Minmey...

And now this...

I know the scene you're talking about, but I never noticed the scandalized waiters and others...

Maybe I was too focused on what they were saying, or maybe I was drunk.

I watched Macross 7 a lot when I had my own place - and I'd used to go to the store and buy a six pack and order two XXL pizzas with double cheese and pepperoni and just watch Macross 7 until 5 am. I'd walk the dog at 6.

Then I'd pass out and get up at 12 and walk the dog again...then I'd basically go to work around 5 or so...be back at 10...walk the dog...get more beer and pizza...and keep watching Macross 7...

Good times!

Pete

I am currently wondering if Maria-Fokina Barnrose is in fact Komilia Maria Fallayna Jenius.

post-9033-1257254532_thumb.jpg

and she flies a red VF-1 like Milia.

Na, probably she just another clone from Miriya genetic pool...........

You know.. it's probably stupid, and beside the point.. but I'd actually love to see the "before" version of that, just to see how she looked with the armor on. ^_^

That giant Sheryl wallpaper (the album cover one) is epic. I'm gonna put that on my lappy tonight. :)

*sigh* All this art makes me wish someone would re-animate SDFM from scratch. I'd love to see it done with the same production quality as MacF, and with VF-1 animations based on those pachinko commercials. I don't care what the commercials are actually for, seeing how awesome they look gave me serious chills.

Btw, is that MacF manga cover just a joke, or something related to what's in that issue?