Character Art Appreciaton Thread II

d3v

I wouldn't care if a character is legal or not cos they are not real people and if they are drawn nicely or beutifully i don't have a problem at all. I mean just look at sheryl :wub:

Edit:- personaly i find the loli stuff a bit disturbing. But most characters in anime that are meant to be teenagers are usuallly given a much more mature appearance, which is why i don't have a major problem. I find character art nice to look at, seeing great pictures of my favourite charcters whether male or female is always a great bonus.

Edited by kung flu

What is the deal with this poster from the Frontier Character Designer Risa Ebata is the poster from the the much talked about Macross Frontier Movie

post-269-1246755139_thumb.jpg

Ewwww... Sheryl stomach muscles FTL

I like Sheryl being pretty toned myself, though I admit most art of her doesn't show a six pack either. Of course, showing skin is second nature to her. This is only slight exaggeration of what happened in the series itself:

post-10235-1246759508_thumb.jpg

I think two excellent points have been made and both are correct:

1. This is a US based website and they cannot allow material that would even hint a violation of US law or draw any kind of negative fire on the website. And all of us who love MW and are users here should see it as in our interest to make sure the website never has any kind of trouble like this. A+ point

2. Calling people "pheodphiles" because they like something else than you is wrong. A pedophile, just like any other criminal, is someone who has been convicted of the crime; not someone who looks at anime.

Re: Sheryl w/stomach muscles:

I actually love that picture. It makes perfect sense. Sheryl had a big time work out routine, remember? I think she WOULD have stomach muscles and would be very athletic in terms of her build. It's just how she was - and kind of had to be given how her concerts are just as much about her body as they are about her music.

So - go Sheryl!

Or maybe she just wrote to Agent 1 and discovered the secrets of body building? :)

Pete

EDIT: Re - slight exageration pic:

Great pic - but was Alto really ever jealous of Sheryl in the series? :)

Edited by VFTF1

I think two excellent points have been made and both are correct:

1. This is a US based website and they cannot allow material that would even hint a violation of US law or draw any kind of negative fire on the website. And all of us who love MW and are users here should see it as in our interest to make sure the website never has any kind of trouble like this. A+ point

2. Calling people "pheodphiles" because they like something else than you is wrong. A pedophile, just like any other criminal, is someone who has been convicted of the crime; not someone who looks at anime.

Re: Sheryl w/stomach muscles:

I actually love that picture. It makes perfect sense. Sheryl had a big time work out routine, remember? I think she WOULD have stomach muscles and would be very athletic in terms of her build. It's just how she was - and kind of had to be given how her concerts are just as much about her body as they are about her music.

So - go Sheryl!

Or maybe she just wrote to Agent 1 and discovered the secrets of body building? :)

Pete

EDIT: Re - slight exageration pic:

Great pic - but was Alto really ever jealous of Sheryl in the series? :)

Sheryl also looks like she has been getting in her Kegel exercises as well.

Taksraven

I like a toned sheryl too, shes been working out with her pilate routines lol,she needs the stamina to go all night...(clean i swear). Alto in the 'slight exaggeration' pic looks as if he has been on the booze and hasnt slept for 3 days lol.

i have lived in japan for 3 years and will be living in this wonderfull country for another 3. as far as i have heard and been told the age of consent in japan is 18 in most prefectures even if the federal law is 13. prefecture law will overide.

back on topic. i don't mind muscle on women i just draw the line at she hulks

Edited by sucker4meltrans

Okay here's my thoughts on the whole sexual/ marriage consent thing.

If just one of the parties involved is a minor then its up to the parents if they wish to press charges or or allow marriage. it doesn't matter if the legal age is 16 the parents will wine and moan that they're not an adult or some other BS argument. This comes into play when the girl is younger than the guy and the parents don't like the fact that their baby has been de-flowered or which ever term you wish to use.

It stupid b/c what happens usually is that the guy gets branded as a sex offender for life. All because he got lucky.

And since everyone wants to be like America (why idk) most countries have started enacting stupid laws. But mainly its greedy politicians who attach a 8 other items to a bill that if everyone rejected it would make them look as if they don't care about the ppl they were elected/ appointed to represent. Ex: All School Buses must stop at Railroad crossings but attached to that is bill for funding project X, bill for the purchase of unnecessary armaments, bill for tax authorization for company who is in the process of sending jobs over seas or outsourcing parts of its customer support, bill for program J that will not work b/c on paper it fails 80 researches say it will fail but three individuals stand to make a large sum of money and list goes on.

BAck on topic:

The Sheyrl pic's are awesome. but my question is where is the light coming / emitting from in the toned Sheyrl pic?

the reason i ask is because the shadows look slightly off to me.

And um......... stripper Sheyrl= nosebleed.

@SchizophrenicMC

what was the word?

How about this. Let's just end this legal consent stuff right now. Next person to open their mouth, IN ANY THREAD, gets a vacation with a possible ban.

thread needs more art,im gonna post some more pics when i get home from work. ^_^

ok,heres some pics,some may have been on before but *shrug* you know.

3ra4.jpg

Konachancom-35590klan_klanmacrossma.jpg

largeAnimePaperscans_Macross_gn0007.jpg

no wendy?

largeAnimePaperscans_Macross_gn0008.jpg

largeAnimePaperscans_Macross_Keithf.jpg

thats all for now

macross_minmay.gif

Edited by Vepariga

I've not seen it before, it is nice though. Hikaru's Flight suit looks like a combination of the DYRL, 2012, and 2036 designs, interesting, but mostly DYRL with the major features subdued.

Edited by Knight26

I wonder if this was posted here before... :wacko:

Awesome, specially Minmay :p

Always happens to me that when I see those 3 again , I have a nostalgia attack and wanna know about the MR-01 and stuff... :(

Hm. Maybe we should start an Alto-Hime fanclub, dedicated to loving Alto ONLY when dressed up as a girl? :)

Pete

No screw you guys. Alto fought against his family's disturbing tendencies to become a badass pilot - like a man. Instead you want to support his past gender-confusion? Has Bridget taught you people nothing?! :wacko:

No screw you guys. Alto fought against his family's disturbing tendencies to become a badass pilot - like a man. Instead you want to support his past gender-confusion? Has Bridget taught you people nothing?! :wacko:

Except he still failed, and ended up a girly man. If he really fought like a man, his hair would be no longer than shoulder-length.

I'm all in favor of the Alto-hime club! :lol:

I've not seen it before, it is nice though. Hikaru's Flight suit looks like a combination of the DYRL, 2012, and 2036 designs, interesting, but mostly DYRL with the major features subdued.

Gotta love those new Macross The First designs... ^_^

Hope we see them animated someday... (in 2012 perhaps?)

He may be a trap princess, but dammit, he's our trap princess!!!

alto-hime,funny tho, even tho he is a pretty-boy and makes a fine looking gal' (kinda sounds wrong)

imagine tho if you picked up a drunk alto-hime and thought,damn i scored a real lovely tonight.. until

" hey babe,do you want any *opens door* 00008pt0.gif

Edited by Vepariga

alto-hime,funny tho, even tho he is a pretty-boy and makes a fine looking gal' (kinda sounds wrong)

imagine tho if you picked up a drunk alto-hime and thought,damn i scored a real lovely tonight.. until

As a famed admiral would say: "it's a trap!"

Beware of nuns with dangling...yoyo's! :)

I probably wouldn't mind sleeping with him if I was really drunk. But I'm sure Alto actually wouldn't let himself be picked up by a guy, drunk or otherwise. I mean - he is pretty weary of Bobby and does not react well to gay people hitting on him.

This is of course a major bad strategy, since there's nothing better then leading gay people on and getting them to buy you drinks all night only to tell them at the end of the evening "sorry but I'm straight" - it really helps save money.

See - Alto's just got feminine looks and is a tad over-concerned about his looks because has the actor's instinct of wanting to look good for his public. Girls love this because they can play with his hair and stuff.

Alto lets cute girls play with his hair because it's cool when cute girls play with you. No-brainer.

But I seriously don't think any guy would ever score Alto - Alto would never go willingly. I don't detect any bit of actual homosexuality in the character at all.

He's just a pretty boy.

So here I guess I agree with Alto having the virtue of manliness.

Alto fought against his family's disturbing tendencies to become a badass pilot

I spent all day searching the internet for ONE stupid picture - namely the VF-25F Messiah doing the Kabuki pose from Macross Frontier, episode 4 because I think that's a decent response to the "badass pilot" notion...

I mean - ultimately - what it boils down to is whether or not you think it's manly to be an artist - and Alto is pretty much an Artist, kind of like Basara.

But the difference is that Bassara sings loud glam rockin' songs that are screamin' manly - plus he's so focused and single-minded that this too is manly.

Alto on the other hand is engaged in a "softer" and more subtle art - and it's the delicacy of that art that can make him seem feminine.

But aside from all the 'alto hime' jokes - I don't think he's at all feminine really. He's a good male protagonist.

Pete

What you just described is the crying game.

See - Alto's just got feminine looks and is a tad over-concerned about his looks because has the actor's instinct of wanting to look good for his public. Girls love this because they can play with his hair and stuff.

Alto lets cute girls play with his hair because it's cool when cute girls play with you. No-brainer.

But I seriously don't think any guy would ever score Alto - Alto would never go willingly. I don't detect any bit of actual homosexuality in the character at all.

He's just a pretty boy.

So here I guess I agree with Alto having the virtue of manliness.

I always figured that he was doing it because he was secretly a fan of yuri which by the way, would also explain why he didn't make a choice between Sheryl and Ranka in the end - by having them both, he's able to experience both being an oné-sama (to Ranka) while having an oné-sama of his own (Sheryl). Off course, for this alone I can conclude that Alto is very manly, I mean come one, what other guy can claim to be this close to being in a lesbian three-way.

Edited by d3v

I always figured that he was doing it because he was secretly a fan of yuri which by the way, would also explain why he didn't make a choice between Sheryl and Ranka in the end - by having them both, he's able to experience both being an one-sama (to Ranka) while having an one-sama of his own (Sheryl). Off course, for this alone I can conclude that Alto is very manly, I mean come one, what other guy can claim to be this close to being in a lesbian three-way.

You're right up there with Pete. You're my hero.

You're right up there with Pete. You're my hero.

Makes me glad I went back to the board. I'm having so much fun with this that I forgot why I went back in the first place. :lol:

That said, we need moar fanarts ASAP! (Preferrable of the Alto x Sheryl x Ranka yuri threeway variety).

Edited by d3v

Makes me glad I went back to the board. I'm having so much fun with this that I forgot why I went back in the first place. :lol:

That said, we need moar fanarts ASAP! (Preferrable of the Alto x Sheryl x Ranka yuri threeway variety).

how would that be possible?

unless he's trying to become woman.

I smell Sitcom.

pretty much it'd be the crying game merged with macross frontier.

that or Bosom Buddies.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

RIGHT!

(Ok, so no Alto/Sheryl/Ranka yuri three-way T_T. I've got Alto/Sheryl/Ranka three-way hentai...)

post-4286-1247195244_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1247195257_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1247195271_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1247195290_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1247195301_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1247195251_thumb.jpg

RIGHT!

(Ok, so no Alto/Sheryl/Ranka yuri three-way T_T. I've got Alto/Sheryl/Ranka three-way hentai...)

um.. Awkward.

nose bleed on the Nanase pic.. but is she doing with the magazines? Is she pulling a Nina from code geass?

The ranka one makes me feel dirty.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

I always figured that he was doing it because he was secretly a fan of yuri which by the way, would also explain why he didn't make a choice between Sheryl and Ranka in the end - by having them both, he's able to experience both being an oné-sama (to Ranka) while having an oné-sama of his own (Sheryl). Off course, for this alone I can conclude that Alto is very manly, I mean come one, what other guy can claim to be this close to being in a lesbian three-way.

In that case, it is our solemn duty as Bros to support his efforts.

The Bro Code, Article 80 states: A bro shall make every effort to aid another Bro in riding the tricycle, short of completing the tricycle himself.

:p

I wonder what we'd get instead of poor "table-kun"?

Man that scene was weird..it creeped me out more than anything...especially....the...um....residue.

there was residue?!

A carrot or whatever vegetable Ranka was dressed as when she was working.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave