Character Art Appreciaton Thread II

d3v

HMV is also the most recognised music store in Japan/Asia. Heck I'm getting my Macross Chronicles online from them.

I'm now getting them from HLJ. It's slightly cheaper from the cover price, and the shipping is cheaper because I can use SAL. Takes much longer, but I got time.

I'm american, i recognized it. I didn't think it was clever enough to talk about though.

edit:: Apparently people talking about it is clever enough to talk about... I feel so meta. :p

Edited by eugimon

I just found a couple pieces of /m/ art from Daanboru. Pretty awesome I must add... :blink:

Those are from the box that comes with vol. 9 DVD/Blu-Rays discs.

And that confirms the fact the VF25 is indeed mass-produced by the end of MF.

I thought that was confirmed in the last episode where they show nearly a hundred of them in formation around the quarter when it first shows up. :huh:

I thought that was confirmed in the last episode where they show nearly a hundred of them in formation around the quarter when it first shows up. :huh:

Some people thought that was a fault of the animation team because they think it's impossible for the VF25 to enter the MP stage so early.

Some people thought that was a fault of the animation team because they think it's impossible for the VF25 to enter the MP stage so early.

We can attribute why Macross Quarter has a fleet of VF-25 is because of an eccentric billionaire who loves trains, french maids and Minmay.

It looks like there is supposed to be a middle part too.

They're scans of the box that shipped with the first pressing of the DVD/Bluray of Frontier volume 9. The part in the middle would be the spine of the box where we have Alto's VF-25 posing with Michels sniper gun pod. Quite nice but I wonder why they didn't go with the Quarter? It's rather absent

post-9073-1241281043_thumb.jpg

They're scans of the box that shipped with the first pressing of the DVD/Bluray of Frontier volume 9. The part in the middle would be the spine of the box where we have Alto's VF-25 posing with Michels sniper gun pod. Quite nice but I wonder why they didn't go with the Quarter? It's rather absent

That just looks wicked cool.

Yeah, it's shame that the Quarter is absent.

post-9073-1241281043_thumb.jpg

it would be kind of hard to squeeze the quarter in and produce something with good overall design. If they had gone with the quarter over the Frontier they would had to make it wildly out of scale compared to the galaxy in order to balance out the shape and space used, and even then it still wouldn't be as effective since the quarter doesn't really have the same proportions as the galaxy. Additionally you wouldn't want to stick it in the middle either. If you did you'd have to place Altos VF-25 right on top of it so the Quarter would need to be rather large and would really crowd the available space. Not to mention the presence of Alto's valk would loose impact if it was placed over a busy background like the quarter rather than the relatively neutral space background it's on now. Basically the detail of the valk is going to get lost in the detail of the ship.

Oh, and if you DID have the Quarter in the middle panel an the VF-25 in front of it you'd need to place the 25 on the bottom half of the panel so as to not obscure the Quarters "Face." obviously you'd want to avoid this since placing it down in the more cluttered bottom of the overall triptych would be reducing the prominence and as a result the implied importance of the main character of the show.

so in short you just cant put the Galaxy, Frontier, the VF-27, all the VF-25's AND the Quarter in the same image and still them form an effective, balanced layout in a triptych format. boy isn't Package design fun! (I hate when I actually learn something from these god awful graphic design classes I'm taking :wacko: )

so in short you just cant put the Galaxy, Frontier, the VF-27, all the VF-25's AND the Quarter in the same image and still them form an effective, balanced layout in a triptych format. boy isn't Package design fun! (I hate when I actually learn something from these god awful graphic design classes I'm taking :wacko: )

Well no, including the Quarter (in the spine area) would have meant that Alto's VF would have to go, simply no room for anything more than one object there. That would meaning removing the main 'hero mech' of the show from the picture, and that's a big no-no. So it's a no go right there. Even so I would have perhaps liked such a version more (despite what my username and avatar might indicate), it'd capture the moment before the last episode in what potentially looked like a three way situation, each side symbolized by their own 'macross'...

At any rate, I don't dislike it as it is by any stretch. Not even sure what I'm trying to argue here.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Well we could zoom out and add the quarter on one side and the vajra queen on the other, but that is just filling up to much....

I like your sig btw.... Ozma's rant in "Goodbye Sister Ep" :)

It's arguably the coolest line in the show after all. ^_^

Ha ha, seems like Alto's VF25F got shafted by Ozma's VF25S :lol:

And that confirms the fact the VF25 is indeed mass-produced by the end of MF.

Actually, as early as episode 2, we see CF-25s.

Several of them.

I mean a lot.

Of course, not as many as ep25, but...

Not just seduced - she drugged her, stripped her, and threw her on the bed. And then Roy and Veffidas rescue her acting like it was some sort of comic antics. :blink:

I only later found out that it was a sort of reference to the Mylene Beat manga, set at the same time as Dynamite but with a much different plot and focus. The character and scene were both in that, but with much more buildup and serious handling. Still, that was a shocking diversion in the anime.

Yeah, a long time ago I posted a link to a scanlation group who was doing that. I got some grief from MWers about what was "supposed to happen" in it, but as expected the Internet has managed to pervert your all's good Christian morals enough to be ok with it. :lol:

It looks kinda big. Almost double what it should be. Official height for the Reguld is 15.1 meters (roughly 50 feet tall). While the height of buildings obviously vary from one to another, the average storey is 10 feet high. SO the Reguld looks much larger than it should. The pilot of a Reguld that big would probably be about the size of Bodolzaa (who is about 15 meters tall himself) :)

It looks kinda big. Almost double what it should be. Official height for the Reguld is 15.1 meters (roughly 50 feet tall). While the height of buildings obviously vary from one to another, the average storey is 10 feet high. SO the Reguld looks much larger than it should. The pilot of a Reguld that big would probably be about the size of Bodolzaa (who is about 15 meters tall himself) :)

Oh, yeah. I was thinking of something else.

Hehe... Got Gundam on the brain, again.

It's the Perfect Grades. THEY TEMPT ME.

Exactly what I was thinking. There's a 4-5 story building right at it's knee, which would put it at around 50ft at the knee. That's HUGE.

Vostok 7