Character Art Appreciaton Thread II

d3v

I've found this site full of cool MacrossF pics.

So if I'm reading there facts right, in order to get all 126 images off the site at their full resolution, you would need to join and then upload 21 scanned pages of Officially produced and published material depicting characters from named anime at high resolution, that you yourself scaned. or submit 13 high resolution wallpapers made by you depicting characters from anime. and their is a 3 wallpaper or 10 scan per day cap to uploading, after your first submition has been mod approved, and everything subsequently has to be approved...

or you can pay them money...

lame. <_<

So if I'm reading there facts right, in order to get all 126 images off the site at their full resolution, you would need to join and then upload 21 scanned pages of Officially produced and published material depicting characters from named anime at high resolution, that you yourself scaned. or submit 13 high resolution wallpapers made by you depicting characters from anime. and their is a 3 wallpaper or 10 scan per day cap to uploading, after your first submition has been mod approved, and everything subsequently has to be approved...

or you can pay them money...

lame. <_<

They are a decent community, alot of their wallpapers look absolutely great (while some others suffer for clutter and text), the wallpapers are free though you have to register.

Also (I don't know if they still do this) if you participate in their forums you get some of their "currency", this I don't like.

But hey, don't worry, either 4chan will grab them and/or APrip will probably already have it :p

[edit]Oh, looks like it's already been grabbed:

http://rapidshare.com/files/163401627/Macr...Paper_Scans.rar

Enjoy guys!

Edited by shiroikaze

They are a decent community, alot of their wallpapers look absolutely great (while some others suffer for clutter and text), the wallpapers are free though you have to register.

Also (I don't know if they still do this) if you participate in their forums you get some of their "currency", this I don't like.

But hey, don't worry, either 4chan will grab them and/or APrip will probably already have it :p

[edit]Oh, looks like it's already been grabbed:

http://rapidshare.com/files/163401627/Macr...Paper_Scans.rar

Enjoy guys!

you have the WORST timing, I already caved and made a $10 donation... <_<

you have the WORST timing, I already caved and made a $10 donation... <_<

lol... yeah, I think lately I am somehow becoming more good at that lately.

But hey, anything that is missing in the rapidshare file, you can grab directly from Animepaper. Also I believe APrip's torrent also has the older Macross scans in RAR files.

But anyway, here's Macross Zero from the torrent for your trouble :)

Will upload Macross 7 in a moment.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CUBBR06X

Edited by shiroikaze

lol... yeah, I think lately I am somehow becoming more good at that lately.

But hey, anything that is missing in the rapidshare file, you can grab directly from Animepaper. Also I believe APrip's torrent also has the older Macross scans in RAR files.

But anyway, here's Macross Zero for your trouble :)

Will upload Macross 7 in a moment.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CUBBR06X

*leeches in the background*

Oh please do go ahead, good sir. ^_^

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FE8O9GOM

Macross 7 scans are up ^_^

[edit] Also, looking in the 4chan's RS section, I found a bunch of rapidshare links and found this site:

http://archive-scans.blogspot.com/search/label/Macross (My new favorite place! :D )

LOTS of Macross scans. Indulge yourselves. The files are all on rapidshare so downloading will take awhile if you don't have an account with them.

Also, they are passworded. The PW is "Archive".

Smaller Samples (because I can't upload the bigger ones :( ) from the scanned Macross F fan book from the Archive-Scans site, I think most of you have seen these already though--or bought the book.

(2916x4000 pixels reduced to 1458x2000 pixels)

post-10165-1237063489_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1237063566_thumb.jpg

post-10165-1237063590_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiroikaze

Hey, they actually included Grace in that group shot. Doesn't make up for the other 99% of the "entire cast except Grace" art they've made...

Anyways---I just now realized her hair is the exact color of Sheryl's and Brera's outfits. Made in her self-image? Hmmmmmn.

Hey, they actually included Grace in that group shot. Doesn't make up for the other 99% of the "entire cast except Grace" art they've made...

That's not Grace.

Anyways---I just now realized her hair is the exact color of Sheryl's and Brera's outfits. Made in her self-image? Hmmmmmn.

"Nanase" :)

Yeah, I was talking about the one about 3 or 4 posts earlier----I'm pretty sure I can tell Nanase and Grace apart.

Hmmmn, now I'm thinking about the "limited color palette" theory. I wonder if it's to give a "consistent look" to Frontier. I'm thinking the blue accents on SMS stuff (helmets, flight suits, etc) may be the same shade as well. It's like there's only one shade of blue in the entire series--and it's a purplish-blue. (only exception being Mikhail's valk)

you think this is shocking, check this out (sign I know got too much time on my hands, oops got to get dinner started)

you scare me so much...

and original looks better

post-4286-1237256364_thumb.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Hmm, with an art style like that, I can imagine how hardcore it can be. O_o

type 90 is a horrible sick F**k. he's a technically good artist but his content is beyond disturbing.

Well - there are women alive with that kind of figure - we just don't see them wearing tight fitting Zentran flight outfits... And it does kind of serve to parody the "big breast" fetish into oblivion...

It could also be Klan at age 55.

Pete

So I shouldn't try and track it down then huh. <_<

If you enjoy sanity, no.

:edit:

the intro was kind of cool though... but the rest is gross.

post-4286-1237345502_thumb.jpg

post-4286-1237345514_thumb.jpg

post-4286-1237345546_thumb.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Well - there are women alive with that kind of figure - we just don't see them wearing tight fitting Zentran flight outfits... And it does kind of serve to parody the "big breast" fetish into oblivion...

It could also be Klan at age 55.

Pete

OMG, I remember that one, the one which make a man dream into a crushing nightmare......

To anime52k8, sanity will become a decaying substance once you read those doujin....

you think this is shocking, check this out (sign I know got too much time on my hands, oops got to get dinner started)

Dude you got waaaaay to much time on your hands. :lol:

And I was called creepy. :p:D

I do like the groups shots though. The Klan pics scare me though.

I believe that explains how she survives getting her Q-Rea badly damage twice in the show - shock absobers! :lol:

If you enjoy sanity, no.

:edit:

the intro was kind of cool though... but the rest is gross.

Man... That art is so kewl... Maybe even better than the official manga! :blink:

Hehe... Too bad is a sick series... However... After reading "Death Panda" everything else is like a walk in the park for me... :wacko:

Btw... I found this piece on Daanboru. Some very nice Clang art...

post-7862-1237450732_thumb.jpg

Man... That art is so kewl... Maybe even better than the official manga! :blink:

Hehe... Too bad is a sick series... However... After reading "Death Panda" everything else is like a walk in the park for me... :wacko:

you know, having read Mai-chan's Daily Life and Death Panda, Mai-Chan is actually a hell of a lot worse, even if they are by the same person.

Edited by anime52k8