Character Art Appreciaton Thread II

d3v

After seeing this, although NSFW, I had to post it; proof that maybe Sheryl and Alto aren't the best paring...

Sheryl: As a bride of the Saotome family, I will master the art of cooking!

Pinnaple cake is difficult, so I'll try pinnaple salad instead.

Alto: Sheryl, that's ok, really...

post-320-1234819402_thumb.jpg

big question indeed, or if she's even willing to do any further character based roles at all...

She did Minmay for the newest English dub just a few years ago, so I imagine she's not entirely averse to the work. A little averse, I'm sure: that one little voice acting role ended up dominating her reputation back home(she's lived in the US for years now) in a way that probably only the Star Trek cast can truly understand.

big question indeed, or if she's even willing to do any further character based roles at all...

She did Minmay for the newest English dub just a few years ago, so I imagine she's not entirely averse to the work. A little averse, I'm sure: that one little voice acting role ended up dominating her reputation back home(she's lived in the US for years now) in a way that probably only the Star Trek cast can truly understand.

Erm, I was just saying it would be cool if they made a CD single, not an anime...

(I try to keep my expectations realistic, after all... :))

Puts on big rimmed glasses and starts speaking through his nostrils in an annoying squeeky voice:

They should do an anime together, where Ranka and Sheryl go looking for the Megaroad 1 and finally meet Minmey who remains hot because she's been genetically altered to be an eternal hot universal idol and then they all sing together and then Minmey is whisked away into the stars by that proto-devilin bubble that Sivil took Bassara on a ride of the universe in and then...

Sheryl: As a bride of the Saotome family, I will master the art of cooking!

Pinnaple cake is difficult, so I'll try pinnaple salad instead.

Alto: Sheryl, that's ok, really...

A wonderful picture. Sheryl actually looks human and tamed -even though its' Alto on his knees - she looks like she finally isn't the blow hart bitch of the universe but a regular cute girl making dinner :)

Pete

Erm, I was just saying it would be cool if they made a CD single, not an anime...

(I try to keep my expectations realistic, after all... :))

CD or anime, I just meant that there's no sign the door has closed to her doing Minmay work again in general. I don't expect new anime with Minmay either, but it's not due to Mari Iijima. :)

well That's one way to make your mech look detailed without actually putting technically accurate lines - dirty it up with squiggly lines. XD

It's an interesting style. It seems like it was done with markers or something thick instead of pencil/pen or something thin-tipped.

More from Danbooru - I think this one is a cute and different approach.

post-10235-1235448958_thumb.jpg

And it's kinda scary, the last few pages are almost all Sheryl and Sheryl/Alto.

post-10235-1235449297_thumb.jpg

Better catch up, Ranka! :o

(Yes, I'm just being silly.)

Aw crap, I got those pictures too, you beat me to it Killer robot.

Coming Up!

Comparisons of 2 popular works prove plagiarism claims!

A man tries to legalize polygamy!

The gay marriage ban continues, but to what effect?

A popular comic strip begins releasing new content!

A young woman believes she has seen a Starfleet captain in her mirror; County DEA officers investigate.

Actor, Alto Saotome, is diagnosed with a venereal disease. More on this at 7.

Why more and more people fear the piney death.

A popular aircraft design becomes public.

LAI executive, Luca Angeloni, is sentenced to life in a mental institution

Who the HELL do you think Sheryl Nome is?

Salamader Cell Phone is charged with indecent exposure and the Rape of Nyan-Nyan

The young woman from before claims to have seen the words "Ye Guilty" in her mirror. County DEAs make an arrest.

An interesting new take on an old movie: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: BOMBAAA!!!!!

Mr. Spock is spotted in Ranka Lee's mirror!

Kira! Aimo tops charts!

Further investigation discovers fumes from Gutsman's ass caused the hallucinations.

Finally, the vocal simulation program, Vocaloid 25 is released today!

Well, think about it! V-type's VD.

It's like a certain singer I know once said:

"I should download her audio on MP3 and show the whole world how you gave Eminem VD!"

-Marshal Mathers

post-9357-1235451637_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451646_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451652_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451658_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451667_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451675_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451683_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451703_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451721_thumb.png

post-9357-1235451727_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451732_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451740_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451751_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451763_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451770_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451777_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451785_thumb.png

post-9357-1235451791_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451799_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451820_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235451829_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235452020_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235452044_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235452062_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235452077_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235452090_thumb.jpg

post-9357-1235452141_thumb.jpg

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Interesting pics :)

1) Did Klan really feed Micheal pineapple salad? What episode was that in? It must have been after Michael had been wounded during the battle following that planet blowing up, right? I didn't notice it - but ... guess this just goes to show that the curse is still with us...

2) I liked the comic strips more or less :)

3) RANKA DOES NOT HAVE WHITE/BLUE STRIPED UNDIES!! NO WAY!!!

Pete

Interesting pics :)

1) Did Klan really feed Micheal pineapple salad? What episode was that in? It must have been after Michael had been wounded during the battle following that planet blowing up, right? I didn't notice it - but ... guess this just goes to show that the curse is still with us...

Pete

I think that was just a joke...

No, the actual episode zoomed out further on the picture and it was applesauce: she'd mashed them up right there so some were still identifiable.

Just noticed all of the other pics slightly above the ones I commented on...

Sheryl grabbing Alto while Ranka tries to keep up is lovely.

The child Alto sheltering Child Sheryl is touching and sweet.

However - Alto flying in his gear and holding Sheryl is... something's anatomically wrong with it... well..no - looking again - it's all correct I guess... I just don't like the fact that her stocking is up on one leg, down on the other - it disfigures her.

And while she might well like it, I highly doubt Alto would be holding her mid-flight be the boob :)

Still - all really nice stuff.

Pete

Just noticed all of the other pics slightly above the ones I commented on...

Sheryl grabbing Alto while Ranka tries to keep up is lovely.

The child Alto sheltering Child Sheryl is touching and sweet.

However - Alto flying in his gear and holding Sheryl is... something's anatomically wrong with it... well..no - looking again - it's all correct I guess... I just don't like the fact that her stocking is up on one leg, down on the other - it disfigures her.

And while she might well like it, I highly doubt Alto would be holding her mid-flight be the boob :)

Still - all really nice stuff.

Pete

There are a plethora of RankaXAlto images I have that I didn't put here.

Also, I think, one with Sheryl in a kimono, looking pregnant from that angle...

V-type is VD, so why doesn't Alto seem to be dying?

And, in response to your other post,

Yes, apple sauce is the new death food. In fact, apples are also used in the missiles now.

Wait... What's wrong with shimapan?

Yeah, that part is just how the outfit is designed, with an asymmetrical look. It was that way in the show too.