Character Art Appreciaton Thread II

d3v

I agree with Dangard Ace about the "day in the life of" - and Ranka always looked gogeous in that school girl uniform (not that I'm into school girl uniforms - honest- but in her case it just soooo totally suits her - as well as the color white going well with her eyes and hair).

As for the bikini pic - well - it FAILS. Sorry, but I never liked that bikini that Sheryl has on. The top part of the bikini looks like a wonder-bra - not a bikini top. Wonder bras are greeat insofar as they raise the breasts of a woman and make them look more firm - however- like all braws - they are meant to be worn UNDER a nice tight fitting sweater or shirt or dress or whatever. Left by themselves - they look too utilitarian - and that's what happens here.

As for the bikini bottom - it's showing skin in all the wrong places and actually disfigures her body. Bikinii bottoms should high light the woman's nice behind, not the fact that she is clean shaved. FASHION FAILURE!

As for Ranka's bikinii - there's nothing wrong with it - except for the fact that it was made for a 9 year old girl, not for a 16 year old girl. It totally disfigures her.

Also - I've noticed that the hardest thing about animating Ranka is getting her face right. It's hard to get that cute puppy like look of hers down - and this picture doesn't fully do it.

The "day in the life of picture" does a much better job of getting Ranka's cuteness down pat.

BUT

it also fails in another aspect: Look at Alto.

Does he look like a princess? Would you mistaken him for a sex goddess?

Alto in that picture looks like a grumpy old man, like that guy from Macross Zero who waved the screw driver at shin.

Finally - the arms on those Mecha in the background are too chunky.

And no - I couldn't do better. :)

Pete

just no pleasing some people <_<

Alright then replace "recently became" with "I recently noticed"-- so sue me, I'm slow ^_^

I do think he's been a little more whiny than usual. I kinda think someone's been off their medication. :p

Edited by anime52k8

Is there a full moon coming soon? People always go nuts (or get a little more nuts depending on the case :blink: ) around full moons.

At least he didn't say anything negative about Klan Klan like he usually does. ^_^

Vostok 7

Pete (still PMSing?)

Fret not, VFTF1...Bobby's Ninjiin loves you, YEAH!

PIC REMOVED AT THE REQUEST OF THE ARTIST. SORRY.

(this picture, by the way, was a New Year's card that one of my friends made for me...I don't know if she photoshopped the Nyan Tama cover or drew it by hand, but either way...it's pure fabulousness. If I weren't Macrossworld's Official Nanasist, it would TOTALLY be my avatar.)

Edited by Gubaba

Why is Ai helping Nanase do her homework? SOMEBODY(Gubaba) needs to post that full picture up.....

Huh? The what with the what now...?

What pic are you referring to?

EDIT: OK, I'm officially an idiot...you're talking about my avatar, arencha? No flies on me... :wacko:

Anyway, it's a detail from the cover of MF DVD Vol. 6.

I don't have the full pic right now...and I don't really post it. The rest of the cover is strictly for Luca fans, and I don't like Luca, because he keeps trying to hustle my chick.

EDIT AGAIN: Okay, here you go...but I had to make a (rather inept) edit before posting:

post-939-1233987828_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gubaba

So that's where the image comes from eh?

(quick search on net CDJAPAN)

Holy @@@@ they want how much for only 1 episode of the show on Bluray?!?! No way in hell I'm buying those discs now. Time to just download those covers until they get collected or Bandai finds a way to export the show to other regions.

Wouldn't be so bad if the series was subtitled, but damn, Japanese blurays are expensive. With that said, I imported the first disc, am planning on importing the last disc, and will fill in from there unless a box is released.

Wouldn't be so bad if the series was subtitled, but damn, Japanese blurays are expensive. With that said, I imported the first disc, am planning on importing the last disc, and will fill in from there unless a box is released.

Blu-rays were always going to be expensive though unless you've got the setup to take advantage of it, you really are better off with just the DVDs. There is a noticeable difference in quality but not THAT noticeable.

You could also blame Sony winning the format war for the price. When they were still going at it with the HD-DVDs you could see a more reasonable price for the BDs.

Now without competitors they can charge whatever they like.

Happy Space War I!!!

:lol:

Hey nice, I love the Flashback era helmet.

Blu-rays were always going to be expensive though unless you've got the setup to take advantage of it, you really are better off with just the DVDs.

Think you'll find that the DVD's are almost just as expensive. (Looking at CDjapan, the bluerays are sold at 7000 yen, with the DVDs at 6000) This is more or less always the case with Japanese discs because creators aim to make up for the losses in creating the show through dvd/blueray sales. They get almost nothing from airing the show on TV. So in essence the people buying the discs are the ones paying for the show to be made.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Huh? The what with the what now...?

What pic are you referring to?

EDIT: OK, I'm officially an idiot...you're talking about my avatar, arencha? No flies on me... :wacko:

Anyway, it's a detail from the cover of MF DVD Vol. 6.

I don't have the full pic right now...and I don't really post it. The rest of the cover is strictly for Luca fans, and I don't like Luca, because he keeps trying to hustle my chick.

EDIT AGAIN: Okay, here you go...but I had to make a (rather inept) edit before posting:

post-939-1233987828_thumb.jpg

Ohh Gubaba. Where will your Nanase fixation take you too next? :lol:

Nice sketches, but dare I ask why that guy has an umbrella where he is standing? unsure.gif

Why to shield himself from the huge tears of a broken Meldran love heart, of course :)

What other POSSIBLE reason could there be?

Pete

(who is still wondering why his picture of Valkyrie nose-radar maintanance caused such a stir)

thanks for the comments! you'll never recognize these characters

because they all come from a Macross Frontier sidestory

featuring the squad members/poor unfortunate souls of Battle 25's Vermillion Squad.

okay, so it's fan fiction :p

i read it here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=141502

and made character sketches on the fly.

post-2222-1234328940_thumb.jpg

post-2222-1234328323_thumb.jpgpost-2222-1234328453_thumb.jpg

post-2222-1234329224_thumb.jpg

but i dont think the story's going to get any further than there, it's been months since the writer last updated. XD