What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

Watching K-ON!

lovin' it.

Nice bowl. :lol:

I've been watching Valkyria Chronicles. I even started playing the game because of it. Both are quite awesome, great cast and so on. Alicia is quite different though, and Isara's eyes are inexplicably huge.

The anime was kinda disappointng in some ways for me. Hopefully it picks up the quality (which seems to be degrading more and more on each episode) and minor characters get a more prominent role instead of just being in the background.

[...]

I suggest playing the GBA games (all localized by Atlus) to know the full story.

Oh well, and the OVA series (3 episodes) is quite good.

I didn't like the OVA series: maybe I'll give another try to it one day though

As for the games, I don't own a GBA but I wish the PS2 ones to be released in the west before the end of times... At least one

I didn't like the OVA series: maybe I'll give another try to it one day though

As for the games, I don't own a GBA but I wish the PS2 ones to be released in the west before the end of times... At least one

..You are gonna wait a long time for this though, probably forever.

Summer 2009 offerings.

Nothing much caught my eye cept:

Spice And Wolfx 2 - Horo. The Horrrrrorrrrr.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - Disaster movie. Hmm

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni - More nice boats

Canaan - Type Moon...worth a watch i suppose

summer2009v1o.jpg

Where is Haruhi Suzumiya season 2????? WHERE IS IT, GODDAMNIT?!

I don't think there is a living soul that would dare to make a bet on that one...

Just finished Macross Frontier. Absolutely LOVED it. Honestly, my favorite Macross series of all.

The last 5 episodes felt rather rushed, especially with the coup d'etat and pirates thing and everything, but I guess they were trying to squeeze into that 25 episode mark for the 25th anniversary.

Fantastic final episode, too.

I think that what impressed me most here, forgetting whether someone likes the characters or concepts in one Macross sequel versus another, was that I thought the background music was done by far the best in this one. Really enhanced every moment.

Started watching Sengoku Basara. Based on a capcom game, the anime is all types of crazy OTT GAR and action. Abit annoyed by the OTT-ness but i think its worth a watch.

And again Oda Nobunaga is the evil villain. Is there any reason why he's depicted as some evil devil lord in fiction?

ANN and Animesukireport that next week the first episode of Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 *may* be broadcasted, based on info from Moonphase.

The new episodes would be injected in (or released after as was originally thought) the current rerun of the first season expanding it from 14 to 28 episodes.

Yesterday having been a hard wake up, I decided not to start the comp' and began to rewatch Blue Gender instead of continuing onto SRW: watched the 11 first eps in a row 'cause this show owns

Yesterday having been a hard wake up, I decided not to start the comp' and began to rewatch Blue Gender instead of continuing onto SRW: watched the 11 first eps in a row 'cause this show owns

BREAK OUT! Energy and passion....

3, 2, 1 GO! Ooooooo Oh Oh Oooooooooo SUPER ROBOT WARS!!!!

Damn you Jam-Project for giving us such catchy and energetic music.

Gui, don't forget to watch the 3-part OVA if you haven't done so yet.

Re-watched Genesis Climber Mospeada again. This show isn't holding up as well as I thought.

Blue Gender is next on my list.

Edited by lechuck

Needed myself some romance fix, so i started Lovely Complex. Production values are quite low but i love it. Romance school comedy involving kansai-ben speaking characters.....i can't help but LOL-ing everytime. Its pretty sweet too. Damn i'm getting old.

BREAK OUT! Energy and passion....

3, 2, 1 GO! Ooooooo Oh Oh Oooooooooo SUPER ROBOT WARS!!!!

Damn you Jam-Project for giving us such catchy and energetic music.

Gui, don't forget to watch the 3-part OVA if you haven't done so yet.

[...]

I have but I didn't like it: you're the second one to tell me this on this very thread, I seriously begin to think I should give another try to this show :p

I have but I didn't like it: you're the second one to tell me this on this very thread, I seriously begin to think I should give another try to this show :p

I'd like to give it a try as well, but it's just so hard to get past the 1st cliche-filled episode. Not to mention the sub-standard artwork. :p

And it's confirmed. Second season Haruhi Sazumiya mixed through the rerun of the first. Rather insane marketing campain ends.

And it's confirmed. Second season Haruhi Sazumiya mixed through the rerun of the first. Rather insane marketing campain ends.

So in other words, they're just expanding past season's 13 eps into 26 eps rite?

14 to 28 but yes, it's an extended first season. The new episodes are mixed in. First one now is Ep8 Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, next one is expected in 4 weeks or so. The rerun is in chronological order not the original one.

14 to 28 but yes, it's an extended first season. The new episodes are mixed in. First one now is Ep8 Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, next one is expected in 4 weeks or so. The rerun is in chronological order not the original one.

So i assume the new eps will be slotted in chronological order as well?

Yes, this is the "predicted" list on Anime Suki, courtesy of Kaisos Erranon.

Melancholy I

Melancholy II

Melancholy III

Melancholy IV

Melancholy V

Melancholy VI

Boredom

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody

Mysterique Sign

Lone Island Syndrome I

Lone Island Syndrome II

Endless Eight

Sighs I

Sighs II

Sighs III

Episode 00

Live Alive

Day of Sagittarius

Someday in the Rain

Disappearance I

Disappearance II

Disappearance III

Disappearance IV

Disappearance V

Charmed at First Sight LOVER

Snow Mountain Syndrome I

Snow Mountain Syndrome II

Where Did the Cat Go?

New episodes italicized.

chanced on gurren lagann ep1 while tv surfing. and i'm dumbfounded... a robot head mecha?!? :blink:

i know many of you guys are raving about this show, but i just have to ask: does it get better? or is this just an elaborate group joke for the uninitiated?

i mean, that camino guy is possibly more annoying than basara.

Well, since I'm on vacation this week and doing absolutely nothing, I am going through the entire Death Note series, which I have never seen. Then I have the three movies to contend with after that. Before I started Death Note, I just finished Last Exile, which I enjoyed immensely.

I'm going to start on Code Geass. I watched the first episode, then didn't watch it until a couple weeks ago and it looked more interesting, although I didn't know what the hell was going on.

chanced on gurren lagann ep1 while tv surfing. and i'm dumbfounded... a robot head mecha?!? :blink:

i know many of you guys are raving about this show, but i just have to ask: does it get better? or is this just an elaborate group joke for the uninitiated?

You will shed tears because of Kamina....multiple times....probably.

Edited by Rbstr

Well, since I'm on vacation this week and doing absolutely nothing, I am going through the entire Death Note series, which I have never seen. Then I have the three movies to contend with after that. Before I started Death Note, I just finished Last Exile, which I enjoyed immensely.

Last Exile did turn out to be a pretty fun series, didn't hear much about it, but I wound up picking up the thinpak because I liked the box art, and look of the series. Definately a pleasant surprise. Only thing weirder was that I watched it and Overman King Gainer in the same month, which fit together strangely well.

oh it WILL get better. much much better by far. at least watch until ep8 before judging the series. ;)