What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

Just started with Casshern Sins.....from last last season. Looks interesting. Feels kinda like Megaman X with an apocalyptical bleak world.

I'm over halfway through it, and its dark. Check that, its REALLY EFFING DARK. But its good.

I'm over halfway through it, and its dark. Check that, its REALLY EFFING DARK. But its good.

NO kidding. I'm at ep 3 and i feel friggin depressed already. I want more though. :3

I just watched the entire thing on youtube, Casshern Sins is mightily good. It's depressing, but at least it didn't make you want to kill yourself like Grave of the Fireflies...

Kinda surprised how similar it is to Megaman X and Zero...

Does anyone know if Tatsunoko is going to create any more material for Casshern?

Edited by shiroikaze

finished casshern sins weeks ago. at first it was interesting then the pace gotten slow. story was good but not great and visuals/ art style were amazing though

Edited by Vegas

Watching Maria-Holic atm. I want to smoke whatever it is the writers of that show do <_< .

Would your sexuality be confused if u wanted this? (potential NSFW link)

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/09/m...ic-trap-makura/

But yeah SHAFT tends to have the funny camera angles and strange cinematic direction. But i can appreciate the jokes from the original source material. :lol:

Finished Kurogane no Linebarrels a few days ago: it's very average but not as uninteresting as some people said when it began to air; actually, it's quite funny sometimes

Otherwise, I watched Cobra The Animation: The Psychogun which was disappointing: the pacing of the story was not good and most of these eps looked like fillers. Though, plenty of action and humour make it a watchable show...

Hmmm...I did it in about six or seven weeks, but that was two episodes (or a movie) a night, every night.

I take it your friend is enjoying the ride...?

We're watching it fairly irregularly. We were watching 1-4 episodes a night, four nights a week when going through SDFM. With Macross 7 we're going through much faster. She's been off on spring break, she mentioned today that she's been resisting the temptation to watch the rest without me.

Isn't finished yet is right...the third book came out (IIRC) in the early '90s.

Something tells me "abandoned" a better word for the novels.

But who knows? Maybe he'll finish the series because of the show.

Well.

That sucks. Well, here's hoping for the best.

Currently watching:

Kanon: Great use of color and light to create an atmosphere. Very enjoyable if you can get past the brain-dead girls.

Kurenai: Rather weak, supposedly controversial, but really little more then a character driven harem-comedy touching some socially sensitive areas.

Kiki's delivery service: Kids story, but nice animation from studio Ghibli in an idealised Stockholm setting.

On the to watch next list:

K-On

Twelve Kingdoms

Currently watching:

Kanon: Great use of color and light to create an atmosphere. Very enjoyable if you can get past the brain-dead girls.

Kurenai: Rather weak, supposedly controversial, but really little more then a character driven harem-comedy touching some socially sensitive areas.

Kiki's delivery service: Kids story, but nice animation from studio Ghibli in an idealised Stockholm setting.

On the to watch next list:

K-On

Twelve Kingdoms

Kanon, Clannad, Air....the great Key + KyoAni anime. If you can't stand the harem mushiness, then the shows aren't for you. But as you said, Kanon (and the other shows) are quite impressive technically. Art and direction is top notch and always puts me close to tears. Music is awesome too.

Kurenai was a sleeper hit for me. Some parts the art was dodgy....and the plot point where

Murasaki has to be wed to the family leader and bear him heirs

was kinda controversial....but i love the characters. I don't consider it harem though.

Kiki....i was pretty bored watching it.

Kanon, Clannad, Air....the great Key + KyoAni anime. If you can't stand the harem mushiness, then the shows aren't for you. But as you said, Kanon (and the other shows) are quite impressive technically. Art and direction is top notch and always puts me close to tears. Music is awesome too.

Kurenai was a sleeper hit for me. Some parts the art was dodgy....and the plot point where

Murasaki has to be wed to the family leader and bear him heirs

was kinda controversial....but i love the characters. I don't consider it harem though.

Kiki....i was pretty bored watching it.

The mushiness and moe elements are no a problem at all, I love Tenchi Myu for example. Just had to get used to a cast where all the girls were ditzy (sofar) instead of just one. Yuuichi's (proto Kyon) sarcasm is a delight to watch.

I don't use any kind of official definition. For me: one girl is a romance, two is a triangle and three+ is a harem. Shinkurou in Kurenai has 4 girls interested in him so that qualifies as harem for me. Kurenai is really all about character development and is pretty good at that. Unfortunatly I could not relate to any of the main cast and that lowered my enjoyment of the series a lot. Murasaki's background and story is rather common in the history of European aristocracy. It really had no shock value for me.

I don't use any kind of official definition. For me: one girl is a romance, two is a triangle and three+ is a harem. Shinkurou in Kurenai has 4 girls interested in him so that qualifies as harem for me. Kurenai is really all about character development and is pretty good at that. Unfortunatly I could not relate to any of the main cast and that lowered my enjoyment of the series a lot. Murasaki's background and story is rather common in the history of European aristocracy. It really had no shock value for me.

The ditzy-ness unfortunately, are parts of moe. Uguuu~ :lol:

Eh? Shinkurou had 4 girls interested in him? I thought it was only the childhood friend and of course Murasaki (which doesn't really count)? I don't remember the rest having any romantic interest in him.

The ditzy-ness unfortunately, are parts of moe. Uguuu~ :lol:

Eh? Shinkurou had 4 girls interested in him? I thought it was only the childhood friend and of course Murasaki (which doesn't really count)? I don't remember the rest having any romantic interest in him.

Uguu~ *splats in to a tree*, so funny ^_^

I counted the girl at school with the glasses. She has a serious crush on Shinkurou and does everything for him but he is to dense (or pretends to be) to notice. Then there is the university dropout who lives in the same house. Her interest is mostly superficial, and limited to sex, but still. And then the childhood friend and Murasaki (sort of).

Edited by Bri

Finally finished Casshern: Sins. Started out really strong, dragged a bit toward the middle, and a disappointment by the end.

That's a shame. Actually now i'm up till ep 6, and already getting tired of watching "emo-robot of the week".

That's a trend of a lot recent shows. Rideback, Casshern, Viper's Creed...you name it.

Really? That's a shame. You were such a avid fan of Rideback and Viper's Creed. I haven't started VC and waiting for Frostii's Rideback before continuing on.

That's a shame. Actually now i'm up till ep 6, and already getting tired of watching "emo-robot of the week".

Really? That's a shame. You were such a avid fan of Rideback and Viper's Creed. I haven't started VC and waiting for Frostii's Rideback before continuing on.

frostii just released ep 12.

Man, tell that to RavenHawk. I stopped liking Rideback when it becomes full political and stuff. VC is just ...decent, could be better, could be worse.

Man, tell that to RavenHawk. I stopped liking Rideback when it becomes full political and stuff. VC is just ...decent, could be better, could be worse.

Yeah, I was just about to comment on that.

I actually liked the political side of RideBack (loved the first few episodes, with the joy of riding that they showed, but still expected it to become political, and thought it handled it well). So, overall, I thought it started strong, stayed strong in the middle, though based on different elements, and just the last episode disappointed.

Viper's Creed, on the other hand, I thought started off weak (action, sure, but very weak characterization and plot), really dragged its feet in the middle, and didn't get good until the last few episodes. Ending as a little disappointing, though this seems to be the case with almost all anime.

I loved rideback and the politics and I actually really appreciated the ending.

What I didn't like about the ending was the way that

the main villain and leader of the local GMP just sort of was removed from authority and then killed, with very little shown of background politics leading up to this decision. It was just sort of "well, people resisted, so he's done."

What I didn't like about the ending was the way that

the main villain and leader of the local GMP just sort of was removed from authority and then killed, with very little shown of background politics leading up to this decision. It was just sort of "well, people resisted, so he's done."

Yeah, I wouldnt have minded more but I felt like enough was shown to give a general idea as to the reasoning behind that turn of events. But mostly I just appreciated that they really developed rin's arc and completed it.

I'm hoping it did well enough to greenlight a sequel.

Yeah, I wouldnt have minded more but I felt like enough was shown to give a general idea as to the reasoning behind that turn of events. But mostly I just appreciated that they really developed rin's arc and completed it.

I'm hoping it did well enough to greenlight a sequel.

I'm with you on that. And some toys, too.

Decided to re-watch the entire UC timeline in Gundam, I've only watched them out of seq, so far. Help me out with the order, I think it's:

MSG

MS Igloo 1

MS Igloo 2

MS 08th team

Zeta

ZZ

Char's Counterattack

F91

V gundam

G-saviour (Not sure I can sit through this AGAIN).

so ive started dragon ball kai and shin mazinger. really trilled by these classic retelling....so far theyre the only two that i like this season.

Yeah, seems like they are "re-telling" alot of anime lately, which I find disturbing. Very Hollywood of them. Where have all the good ideas gone?