Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

Woohoo i think i have a scoop for this thread for once

Transformers Special Edition Chevy Camaro Unveiled

slashdot

"Automotive stories are few and far between on Slashdot, but today's news from Chevrolet might just make a few readers' mouths water at the chance to own their own Bumblebee. Today at Comic-Con, General Motors officially announced the 2010 Chevy Camaro Transformers Special Edition. The $995 appearance package can be applied to LT (V6) and SS-trim Camaros in Rally Yellow with or without the optional RS package

if i wanted the new camero i may want this look. but for a 1000$ i would make my own badges.

post-1351-1248400243_thumb.png

Edited by buddhafabio

I think we all saw it a few days ago, since it was headlined at most of the major TF sites.

Anyways---for 1/4 that price, you can get stripes that actually match BB's. http://www.vinylgraphics.net/shopexd.asp?id=4651

Then your yellow Camaro will look like this: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26328

Then you can laugh at all the people who spent a grand to have their car NOT look as much like BB as yours does.

A lot of the new figs are "close, but not enough for me to buy"---mainly all the new planes. Give me either real planes, or totally fake (but cool-looking and well-proportioned) ones. Semi-deformed parodies of existing planes aren't very appealing.

I agree on Dirge and Skystalker, totally. But I find Mindwipe strangely appealing. I might seriously consider him, to beef up my Universe Decepticons' roster. As it is, I'm already padding it with movie Barricade, Sideways and Megatron, Marvel Crossovers Venom, and Animated Blackarachnia, Waspinator, and Shockwave.

I'm totally sold on that Bludgeon.

he looks like an undead samurai...that becomes a friggin tank.

In other words, he's Bludgeon. Granted, G1 Bludgeon's undead samurai look was his Pretender shell, but I'm digging it as a robot.

Actually, especially since there was already a movie Bludgeon (a redeco of Wreckage), I think this toy actually was meant for Universe. Bill Rawley said something about a design for Universe Bludgeon being done up, but canceled because there were already too many Universe tanks/tankish vehicles.

I like the upcoming Animated toys (Wingblade Prime looks awesome!) but everything else looks pretty unappealing to me. To me the merging of classics/movie aesthetics just makes for a bunch of Galaxy-Force looking toys. Bleh.

Also it's interesting to see Animated Lockdown made in the movie style. And of course they gave him goat legs. Why wouldn't they. :rolleyes:

Gah! Went out today to pick up a set of the EZ Collection Constructicons and several stores told me that they sold out in about ten minutes.....and they were released yesterday!!!!!

And it's mostly scalpers since I saw two sets on sale for 14 and 18,000.

Some New (clear) shots of Buster Prime

Edit: Had a chance to look them all over now that I've posted. He looks absolutely fantastic. Almost everything (except those tool boxes or w/e) are painted correctly, if that figure could be higher than "must buy" status for me, it would be now.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Some New (clear) shots of Buster Prime

Edit: Had a chance to look them all over now that I've posted. He looks absolutely fantastic. Almost everything (except those tool boxes or w/e) are painted correctly, if that figure could be higher than "must buy" status for me, it would be now.

yeah, I was sitting on the fence about rebuying Prime but that looks great. Not thrilled about the head so I might just do a swap with Hasbro prime

Only thing I like about Buster Prime is the gun. I don't like the face and I don't like the chrome/silver paint. Too shiny compared to the rest of the bot.

Too shiny? Not shiny enough. I want chromed everything. The real thing's chromed! (real as in the Peterbilt they film). Complaining that "chrome is too shiny" and doesn't look right to represent the real truck's chrome is kind of like saying "that real wood used for that model ship's deck looks too woody---imitation wood-look vinyl would be better".

I actually like the balance they struck with the paint, the only other pieces I could see maybe working as chrome is the parts for the gun. I think if they had done everything else in chrome it may have become overbearing. I think the look for this one is a good balance.

The head sculpt seems to indicate he wont incorporate a retractable mouth plate/mask which kind bums me out. That being said, the improvements overall to him are fantastic imo.

Man, I GOTTA have those new Animated figures. Will purchase all of them - and I love that most Animated figures are at the smaller, more affordable size classes.

Wingblade Prime looks a bit wonky, but I think the armor is supposed to be oversized like that for the Voyager compatibility. I'm a bit surprised so many of you aren't fond of the Voyager Prime, to me he's the greatest figure in the line, so much so that I bought a second one for my cubicle at work - but you're definitely entitled to your opinions. :)

Human Alliance Barricade I will preorder the instant he's available. I MUST have him. The HA line is shaping up to be one of the best to date, I rank it up there with Alternators in terms of detail and complexity, and would even give it a little extra credit for having a little more interactivity.

Bludgeon looks cool, but I'd approach with caution - he could be awesome, but then again he could be Classics Galvatron 2.0.

The worst part about all these is going to be the wait, I just know it.

Bludgeon looks cool, but I'd approach with caution - he could be awesome, but then again he could be Classics Galvatron 2.0.

On the upside, Bludgeon will be voyager scale, so a repeat of Classics Galvatron, who should have been a voyager, is possible, but not likely.

I'm a bit surprised so many of you aren't fond of the Voyager Prime, to me he's the greatest figure in the line, so much so that I bought a second one for my cubicle at work - but you're definitely entitled to your opinions.
He has the best sculpt of all the Animated Primes IMHO, it's just that the figure seems to ambitious for what it is. The automorph gimmick works awesome on paper, but in execution mismorphs on my figure. The loose joints that I had to tighten via moving while having super glue dry around them were disappointing. I for one, LOVE the weaponry, I didn't care that the axe wasn't show accurate, it made the voyager figure unique to me, and I appreciated the unique axe, except for the fact that the figure could not be posed holding the axe in one hand in a dynamic position, since the weight of the axe would immediately swivel the biceps/arms downward. Not until I did my fix.

The knee articulation could have been better too. I do dig the sculpt, unique weaponry, and face gimmick, but overall, there are much better voyagers in the line. Typically, the bigger "main" Optimus figure tends to be the best figure in any TF line, with Animated being one of the rare exceptions.

Too shiny? Not shiny enough. I want chromed everything. The real thing's chromed! (real as in the Peterbilt they film). Complaining that "chrome is too shiny" and doesn't look right to represent the real truck's chrome is kind of like saying "that real wood used for that model ship's deck looks too woody---imitation wood-look vinyl would be better".

:blink::angry:

Blah blah blah blah My opinion is better then your opinion and here's my fancy wood analogy blah blah blah.

Whatever.

Umm, that actually does appear to be another difference between the Hasbro and Takara versions---Hasbro uses bright orange-red plastic and too-light blue plastic. Takara's version is much darker, glossier, and metallic--quite possibly painted. The doors certainly are.

not everything should be chrome though.. there should be chrome but there should also be a duller metallic color for the internal frame/skeleton (whatever a transformer's insides are called).

Wingblade Prime's armor is also compatible with the voyager figure. Though I'd just buy Wingblade by himself, the voyager Prime is disappointing.

Actually, I doubt it would be. If you look at the pics, Wingblade Prime's base body is that of the the deluxe, not of the Voyager. The legs are a big indicator.

Actually, I doubt it would be. If you look at the pics, Wingblade Prime's base body is that of the the deluxe, not of the Voyager. The legs are a big indicator.
Oh I know it's a deluxe, Hasbro has said at the panels that the armor is compatible with both deluxe and voyager Primes. They said this a few months back and reaffirmed it at SDCC.

Oh I know it's a deluxe, Hasbro has said at the panels that the armor is compatible with both deluxe and voyager Primes. They said this a few months back and reaffirmed it at SDCC.

I'm not sure how that'd work though, with the sizes being so different, but hey, we'll see what we can see.

Of course, Hasbro was also saying over and over again that the three ROTF Bike sisters would have a combined form, and that's pretty much been kneecapped... heh.

Question: of all the many MP Starscream repaints, has anyone repainted it to resemble what it was apparently supposed to---a dark grey F-15E? And here's just a quick link to what's probably my fave repaint---it's painted to match what IMHO the G1 toy itself was trying to be--36375 grey. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-cus...rscream-g1.html

Question: of all the many MP Starscream repaints, has anyone repainted it to resemble what it was apparently supposed to---a dark grey F-15E? And here's just a quick link to what's probably my fave repaint---it's painted to match what IMHO the G1 toy itself was trying to be--36375 grey. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-cus...rscream-g1.html

Now that's what I call a pure awesome repaint! I've seen the "homage" MP Starscream, and it's a bit too white. This one nails it perfectly.

Well yeah---nothing better on an F-15 than their actual shade of gray... :)

Anyways---I like that one both for being the right shade of grey, as well as a perfect mix of realism and color---it's clearly G1 SS colors, but it's also pretty plausible for a real F-15. I especially like the red on the h.stabs, and have been considering something similar for my Thundercracker. (actually, I've been leaning towards black wingtips---have to go check and see exactly where the stripes lay again--I don't want the black too close to the stripes.

(It it impossible to do either totally G1 toy or G1 toon colors on an MP---too many physical differences, especially when you get to the smaller details--so why not do something subtly different but cool?)