Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

That ROTF Devastator isn't too bad but personally I'd wait for the inevitable re-color. I think it would look way better if it had the traditional Devastator color scheme and probably make it look more unified.

MP Prime has a major cop-out in that his entire back half of vehicle mode has zero resemblance to a real truck. And the back half of the cab isn't much better.

If you made an MP Prime and mandated that the vehicle mode actually look like it should, bot mode would be quite different.

ROTF Prime emphasizes truck mode, MP Prime emphasizes bot mode. The G1 toy blows away MP Prime when it comes to vehicle mode.

Except for G1 prime wasn't truck accurate either in the places you mentioned.

The grill and headlights lined up better though that's for certain.

post-1571-1247441663_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1247441757_thumb.jpg

That was actually a good review. Shame they couldn't make Devastator a real combiner, in that not only do you get the individual 'bot modes, you can put them together to form Devastator.

For $100 I'm gonna have to pass. However, I think I'll be seeing these on discount in a while, so I might get it if it's cheap.

I'll pass on it too on grounds that it's just big chunks of plastic. For the price, Hasbro could've added a lot more detail on the toy, not to mention make Rampage movie-accurate in color.

Did you want a voyager Megs? There's quite a few of them around here.

I do and I still haven't seen one in stores, but I might just snag one off Amazon if I'm desperate. Odd enough that he has not appeared on Hasbro's online store yet.

I'm frankly waiting for the remainder of my debits to come in from vacation last week ( so I know how much damage I did at the beach. :blink: )

FYI, I don't think Jolt nor Long Haul have been released yet. Otherwise there would be some sighting activity on the TF forums.

Nope. I wouldn't bother trying evilbay either, Jolt has generally been going for outrageous prices (50-75 USD..before shipping!) from the chinese sellers that manage to have him on hand.

I imagine if they had a movie Prime that ran $100-150 and was under the MP branding you'd see something pretty amazing.

True.

Though stripping the lights and sounds and MechAlive/AutoMorph from movie Prime would probably help a lot.

Remember, MP Prime uses the inside of the cab to store a lot of extra junk in both modes. And that space isn't available in either movie's leader Prime.

Oh I totally agree. If they didn't have the Mechalive stuff present and the need for the batteries in his back, they probably could have swung the fenders inside the body and given us a slightly more streamline back area. Movie Prime is a great figure, and really pretty close to movie accurate, but removing some of the gimmicks could have knocked it out of the park.

On a side note, TRU is having a 50% off sale on some Transformers, including animated. You can pick up Leader class Ultra Magnus for about $20 for example.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Yeah, I found Universe Dreadwing(d?). Still not worth 10 bucks IMHO, despite the fact that I had the G1 and love the color scheme. It's a gigantic mini-con, transformation-wise.

Isn't he the TRU exclusive repaint of Silverbolt? You found him for $10?

Yup.

Was this a clearance or something (I'm assuming still at TRU)? You might not want him for $10, but I kinda do. When I get my car back from the shop, hopefully this week (apparently, since they stopped making my car 7 years ago, no one but Mitsubishi themselves supply parts for it :angry: ), I might have to swing by TRU on the way home.

Good news for people like me:

Rumble, Frenzy, Overkill and Laserbeak are the next cassette Encore reissue set.

And good. It'll be nice to have Rumble and Frenzy finally, and Overkill will go well with Slugfest.

My...fourth?...Laserbeak is a bit less exciting but... whatever.

Pete

Guest sh002

wait that jetfire sr-71 blackbird toy is about 1/72 scale?

cool encore frenzy, rumble, overkill, and laserbeak is coming out.

I posted this when I got it:

IMG_1753.jpg

Hehehe...

this pic looks *almost* cool. Turn both birds upside down, and... bye-bye cool.

^_^

kibblekibblekibblekibblekibblekibble!

Actually I plan to remove that that chunk of kibble (and the "belt") as those bits are only needed to combine with Prime--which I never plan to do. My Jetfire is to be Jetfire, and not a parts pack for Optimus.

Even right side up and looked at from straight above, there is kibble to be seen sticking out. Not to mention the nosecone gap.

Pee-Yuu! :p

It might possibly be the worst Transformer ever. I can't think of another one that so completely fails to hide the robot bits. I mean... it doesn't even hide them a little bit. They're just sitting under the jet.

3201028817_c13fe3573a_o.gif

It might possibly be the worst Transformer ever. I can't think of another one that so completely fails to hide the robot bits. I mean... it doesn't even hide them a little bit. They're just sitting under the jet.

3201028817_c13fe3573a_o.gif

Universe Silverbolt.

Combining with Prime has compromised many a good figure. RiD Ultra Magnus is still one of the all-time best TFs IMHO. Even being hampered as he is. Just imagine how awesome he could have been alone.

RiD Ultra Magnus, really? A great figure yeah, but "one of the all-time best"??? I dunno dude, he has very crappy leg articulation (or lack thereof) IMO. Not trying to stir it, just asking is all ...

:ph34r:

Yes, RiD Magnus. He lacks ankle articulation, but he has knees and hips. His thighs are just very short.

But for a transformation-complexity-junkie and vehicle-mode-accuracy-junkie like me, there's few better. His transformation is complex but never frustrating---he's what Alternators wished they were--a long sequence with many joints, but none are tiny little 3-mm-wide triple-z-fold joints that are so stiff you think they'll break and seem to serve no purpose other than preventing the hood from fitting...

Plus he has *awesome* colors. The JP version *is* better. US and JP RiD Prime/Convoy are pretty similar, but UM is noticeably different between releases. US Magnus has the Autobot logos on the side of the carrier (which I wish the JP had), but the JP simply has much better colors---all the colors are PEARL metallic. Not simply the "normal" metallic plastic you see in TFs. I noticed the difference in colors instantly when I saw them on US shelves.

I will readily admit that I love Car Robots. I think it's one of the best toy lines out there, and the show was fine too. I like the Train team set, and yes- Ultra Magnus is great. The car brothers are a bit spindly, but at least they fit in with eachother. Fire Convoy is a fun toy. All of the Autobots have vehicles that are accurate depictions of their real life counterparts - or at least no LESS accurate than the original Diaclone based TFs. They lack die-cast metal, but they are still ace toys from an ace series.

Probably the last TF series I actually enjoyed.

Pete