Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

The only way I see a pretty accurate Blackbird with minimal kibble was if Takara made it a Masterpiece Jetfire and totally changed the robot mode but the chances of that are .5-0%

Anyone else notice that movie Devastator has the primary colors that RiD Build King had? I wouldn't be surprised to see yet another release of the Build King mold in the movie line in RiD colors, only with Decepticon labels. I personally love my Target exclusive Build King Devastator:

CIMG0623.jpg

Although I prefer the crane to be a foot as it makes him less symmetric and more a pile of construction vehicles slapped together. Although the arms are kind of stubby this way, they're far more stable.

That said, I'm also hoping they do the legends combiner movie Devastator in yellow green primary with purple accents. :D

As for the rest of the movie line. I'm going to be very picky about what I buy. Leader Prime's definitely on the list, and is impossible to resist once you see a pic of him next to the previous Leader Prime as seen here. I'm not liking the new deluxe Bees so far enough that I think they're worth replacing my TF1 Premium Bee or TF1 Screen Battles Bee. The shoulder gun version just doesn't look right in bot mode, and the regular version has no right hand, only a peg to attach the gun. I'm also definitely holding out for some Premium treatments this time. Although the Ice Cream Truck combiner is a must buy. I'm a Twisted Metal nut too so it's impossible to resist.

Of course, all this is subject to change depending on how the movie turns out. :) I really liked the new trailer that played before Star Trek.

Which soundwave toy is that?

Ehh he's not really that great, it's nice that somebody finally did a transforming SR-71 but the robot mode is just so.... craptastic. Hopefully leader starscream won't be so kibbly but I doubt they can avoid it.

I know we probably have a lot of GoBots haters here, but the GoBots SR-71 (Snoop) wasn't too terrible. Boring robot mode, a little thick in plane mode, but no kibble.

post-7028-1243129580_thumb.jpg

Umm, even though that's a top view, I can see a lot of kibble under the plane's belly. See my pic of a real Blackbird above.

The only kibble is "her" chest.

Is there a pic of the underside in plane mode? From what I can make out, the lower arms and lower legs (minus the fins) do not correspond to any part of an SR-71. Just because they're black and visually blend into the "real" parts, doesn't mean they're not kibble.

Is there a pic of the underside in plane mode? From what I can make out, the lower arms and lower legs (minus the fins) do not correspond to any part of an SR-71. Just because they're black and visually blend into the "real" parts, doesn't mean they're not kibble.

Of Jetfire or Snoop?

The GoBot.

I can't find a pic, but it's clear how it transforms, so here is a poor poor photoshop job of how the underside would look, minus the nosecone flipping up to cover the head.

post-7028-1243138443_thumb.jpg

That thing is another TF caring a plane on its back. Does any piece of the plane actually contributes to the robot? Legs... arms.. body... it is all underneath!!! On the original design its engines should turn into his legs. That alone would reduce A LOT of kibble. After seeing impressive engineering pieces like Leader prime, where everything is all nice and concealed, tightly packed and neat on all modes, it is hard to forgive a half ass attempt like jetfire. Sure its big, but Bot mode sucks... Jet mode looks half decent if you're looking from above but that's it...

I pass on this one. Now when are we seeing a pic of leader Starscream??? I'm starting to think its just another hoax... :/

Guest sh002

with so much cool stuff out now and coming in the future, especially macross, i've lost interest in a lot of transformers stuff. will be skipping all movie toys but will maybe still get what might come out for universe, animated (only wanted arcee, damn), masterpiece, and encore. plus what the custom companies come out with.

I think it's the Titanium one

It is. I think I'm one of the few people who like it despite its problems.

CIMG1830.jpg

The trick is to get him into one of the two dynamic poses he can do so you don't see the diaper as badly. :D

What version of Devastator is just behind the Titanium Soundwave in that picture?

On Soundwave's right that's the Target Exclusive Devastator that's based on the Robots in Disguise Autobot Landfill gestalt set. On his left is the Universe Micromaster Devastator that I *think* was only available at Kay-Bee. See the previous page for a bigger picture of all the Devastators.

Hey guys,

I was browsing for devastator toys when I found this pic... any clue of what it is / where can I find it?

If that is an actual combiner, it is the best assembled devastator toy IMHO. That thing looks NICE.

post-209-1243378310_thumb.gif

Hey guys,

I was browsing for devastator toys when I found this pic... any clue of what it is / where can I find it?

If that is an actual combiner, it is the best assembled devastator toy IMHO. That thing looks NICE.

That's the Micromaster Universe Devastator I mentioned above. It's about 6 inches tall, and has lots of combiner kibble that can actually combine into a jet for one of the constructicons to fly.

Ohhh... By this picture on ebay I see what you mean... soooooo many extra parts to actually form the bot.. it is almost like you're filling the body with "green blocks".

bummer.

tfm-constructicons3.jpg

When you think about it though, is it really that much more parts than what G1 Devastator had?

Looks like the picture you linked has repro-labels applied to the set to give it a more G1 feel.

Not a lot more, but they certainly account for a lot more mass than those on the G1 set did.

And the core body is entirely kibble. The limbs don't connect to the core bot, they connect to the non-transforming jet.

That just screams "cop-out" to me, personally.

I mean, if there was leg articulation and they hid the combiner head, I'd cut 'em some slack. But there isn't and they didn't.

Actually, what'd be AWESOME is if the core kibble was a full-size Transformer with a team of Micromaster sidekicks. Sure it wouldn't be the prettiest TF ever, but... well, Micromasters aren't exactly shining beacons of sexiness.

Actually, what'd be AWESOME is if the core kibble was a full-size Transformer with a team of Micromaster sidekicks. Sure it wouldn't be the prettiest TF ever, but... well, Micromasters aren't exactly shining beacons of sexiness.

That would be a little closer to the later TF Gestalts like the Aerialbots and others. Those all utilized one larger central TF with 4 smaller guys for the limbs. Although they all still had extra kibble that needed to be added.

I hated the idea of the micromaster gestalt kibble too until I acquired a full set. The micromasters themselves are really nice transformers for the size; Bonecrusher and Long Haul especially.

That would be a little closer to the later TF Gestalts like the Aerialbots and others. Those all utilized one larger central TF with 4 smaller guys for the limbs. Although they all still had extra kibble that needed to be added.

True story: The only combiner set I ever had was Monstructor.

Some better pics of the Legends movie Devastator. In the first pic you can kind of see what kind of articulation this thing will have in combined mode.

http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-362...ad--page-1.html

Hmm...if they release this in G1 colors, it'll be a "maybe buy" for me. I don't like all the clashing colors on this version, but I do like the general look (except for the face). I also find the disparity between the quality of the transformations of some of the indivudual bots to be...humerous.

Great Prime toy. More detail and accurate than the old one, but not perfect with some flaws (swords in the way & transformation can be frustrating at some parts) and issues (weird red color bits on neck, back shoulder, toes). ROTF Prime is less stable as previous Prime due to the ankle balljoint not as tight, tend to lean forward or backward sometimes. Didn't wow me as much as the Takara MA-21 did back then, but there are improvements everywhere on a lot of stuff. Probably the best ROTF toy still.

Touched mine up a little, but probably not going to paint him up completely like I did with the older ones. Want to keep him more playable and not worry much about scratching paint.

ROTFPrime001.jpg

Hmm...if they release this in G1 colors, it'll be a "maybe buy" for me. I don't like all the clashing colors on this version, but I do like the general look (except for the face). I also find the disparity between the quality of the transformations of some of the indivudual bots to be...humerous.

Face still looks like Sinistar to me.

And... that's really the only reason I want it. I hate myself sometimes.