Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

Wow, very nice. Hasbro should really do something with all the steampunk designs from the hearts of Steal comic.

It'd be great if Hasbro would give talented folks like this a limited contract to mass produce their designs, or buy the rights to mass produce the designs themselves, as freelancers often produce toys or models rivaling, or bettering, the official products, as well as producing items not officially released. I know Takara has given such contracts to these guys http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/category/4822805-1.html for the duration of Wonderfest. Their version of Powerglide is all around win, and makes Has-Tak's look all the worse in comparison, IMHO.

It'd be great if Hasbro would give talented folks like this a limited contract to mass produce their designs, or buy the rights to mass produce the designs themselves, as freelancers often produce toys or models rivaling, or bettering, the official products, as well as producing items not officially released. I know Takara has given such contracts to these guys http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/category/4822805-1.html for the duration of Wonderfest. Their version of Powerglide is all around win, and makes Has-Tak's look all the worse in comparison, IMHO.

I agree. Like I mentioned a few posts back, I hope someone like this releases the WWII designs.

I just ordered the autoscout from bigbadtoystore. I've wanted someone to make a toy of that since I was a little kid and first saw it in the cartoon.

Would LOVE to see some Transtech toys!

Here is a complete transformation of MP-08 Grimlock, in case the link wasnt here already or people havent seen it,

what a beauty, cant wait to get it. Size may potentially be a problem if put next to prime or my macross yamatoes, however, i still have MP Starscream and alernator Shockwave, will see. Then again, i may do a more nature / greeny seen with my mospeada megahouse toys and other milatary units, such as MP starscream greeny. Wasnt sure about my purchase just because i cant buy more than 1 - 2 expensive toys per year (if anything), and having to sacrifice many nice other toys (vf-11, vf-1a 1/60 tv max and ostrich, as well as maybe even the Beta fighter in green) that came out or comming out in 2009, it is very hard to make the right choice, but i think this may become my favorate toy yet. I know one thing that was important, is no matter how cool toy is, i have to have very strong emotions of the toy/anime/character itself, and Omega Supreme / Grimlock (all dinobots actually) / Prime / Shockwave / Starscreem / Soundwave are my favorates in that exact order, so the emotion is there!!! And boy does this one look great, simple to transform, detailed, eveything. I already have Prime and Starscream (the nice milatary green one which most people dont like, but i adore), and alternator shockwave. Would be nice if they made Omega Supreme from the new transformers series, i saw that one episode, and it looks great in both ship and in robot, vey close in concept to original G1 transformers.

Now for my second choice of the year, it will be either the Macross Quarter, and if they ever make a nice repaint of the 1/60th yf-21... Of course, i would consider Omega Supreme as well... ;)

Got Animated Wasp last night, and I like it alot. While his transformation is very simple, he's a good homage to the original despite his dark green coloring and angular sculpting. I actually like him better than the original (which I don't own b/c I didn't like the aesthetics). I actually had no interest in getting this version either, but with a little spousal prompting, bless her heart, I grabbed him. I was actually looking for Samurai Prowl and Wreck-Gar, but alas, my part of Washington state is ground zero of interminable suck when it comes to finding new Transformers.

Watched Transwarped this weekend, and minus one or two little things, thought it was great. So many cameos, and Judd Nelson reprising his role as Rodimus. Lots of win that I hope translates to lots of toys. I never thought I'd like this series, or its toys, as much as I do, but I'm going to miss it when it's done. Whatever follows, I hope it's comparable, and produced domestically, with perhaps some of the same team behind Animated.

GI Joe is getting a more mature version, with death and killing depicted. I don't remember what it's going to be called, but I'd be happy to see a more mature take on Transformers (similar in tone to Clone Wars), but without anything Michael Bay related. <_<:lol: Classics, or something new; perhaps Transtech?

SOB!!! http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=15395

Looks like Stan Bush is going to be performing at Botcon2009 AND it looks like "The Touch" will be a Guitar Hero freebie!! SOB!! Now I have to go buy GHWT. Why couldn't it have come out on RB?! WHY?!?!

Yeah, that's kind of the way I feel about it... I'd love to play "The Touch" in Rock Band, especially as Guitar Hero feels like it's been getting worse and worse since Harmonix split.

Well, maybe we'll get lucky and it'll turn up for both...

Looks like Stan Bush is going to be performing at Botcon2009 AND it looks like "The Touch" will be a Guitar Hero freebie!! SOB!! Now I have to go buy GHWT. Why couldn't it have come out on RB?! WHY?!?!

If it makes you feel better my 360 got RROD, so I don't even have a choice, I can't play any of them!

I hope the season 3 Animated characters make it into the toy line. Not just Arcee, I want Hot Shot, Rodimus, Cyclonus...damn Cyclonus looked AWESOME!

If it makes you feel better my 360 got RROD, so I don't even have a choice, I can't play any of them!

I hope the season 3 Animated characters make it into the toy line. Not just Arcee, I want Hot Shot, Rodimus, Cyclonus...damn Cyclonus looked AWESOME!

I'd pick all of the characters that appeared in the first 5 minutes in a second.

Yeah, but that was Cybertron-form Cyclonus---he'll look different on Earth. (probably---there's a chance he won't acquire an Earth mode)

I have a feeling he will not aquire an Earth mode. Just a hunch based on those earlier concept drawings.. that's all.

I was actually looking for Samurai Prowl and Wreck-Gar, but alas, my part of Washington state is ground zero of interminable suck when it comes to finding new Transformers.

Speaking of.... I snagged a Samurai Prowl the other day. First time I ever saw one.

Is it me, or is the armor REALLY fidgety? A nice post hole on the back would've secured it a LOT better than the two tabs in the wings(that physically can't engage on mine, unless I'm doing something very wrong).

In general, I like Samurai Prowl's body better than the original. Though he could use a few more paint apps. The remolded thigh vents are VERY nice( I never modded mine, because i couldn't make it look clean).

I want animated Omega Supreme toy :mellow: And also animated Swindle, he's like an Autobot version of Megatron (hint; arm cannon and transform into a humvee) ^_^

... Samurai Prowl ... Is it me, or is the armor REALLY fidgety?

While I agree the 2 slots in the back aren't super tight, the armor on mine fit relatively snug and didn't fidget. I did have to try a few times to latch the armor on though.

Found TF Universe Deluxe Hot Shot and Ratchet today at Target.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Still haven't seen the Target exclusives TF Animated Shockwave (G1 colors) and Sunstorm. Anyone see them in so cal??? Also still looking for the legends universe wave 2 ...

Edited by Vermillion21

While I agree the 2 slots in the back aren't super tight, the armor on mine fit relatively snug and didn't fidget. I did have to try a few times to latch the armor on though.

I can't get both slots to engage. I dunno if I have the wings angled wrong or what, but they physically will not engage. I just hold it up there while I flip the rest of the armor around, then let the front shoulder armor hold it up.

Guys, where's Grims Crown?? Is it included? We saw pics ages ago when Grim was first announced, but i'm not seeing it....

Don't tell me it's some stupid exclusive, get rid of th brain transfer unit, that's useless, i want the crown! HE KING AFTERall!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Found TF Universe Deluxe Hot Shot and Ratchet today at Target.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Nice! Then it should only be a few months until they turn up in rural PA, forcing me to cross my fingers and pray that they even do show up here in case retailers decide to just make room for the movie line.

Guys, where's Grims Crown?? Is it included? We saw pics ages ago when Grim was first announced, but i'm not seeing it....

Don't tell me it's some stupid exclusive, get rid of th brain transfer unit, that's useless, i want the crown! HE KING AFTERall!

On TFW2005.com they have the package for Grimlock and I didn't see his crown in there. Hmmmm guess they scrapped that idea. I wonder if my Starscream crown will work?

I read something about the crown not being recognizable to Japanese fans or something like that (I could be very wrong and was quite possibly drunk when I read that). If thats the case I would bet anything that Hasbro will include the crown in their inevitable release of the toy and ditch the drink tray because of the small size of the glasses. And they might think it 'promotes alcoholism' or something. Although Hasbro did make several Star Wars cantina figures that came with little glasses that were presumably for space booze.

Bah. I got nothin'. :D

Well, I just came back from Target, since it's next to my Giant Eagle. No new anything Universe-related, but they had Sunstorm with Activators Ratchet and the G1 Shockwave repaint with Activators Bumblebee.

I read something about the crown not being recognizable to Japanese fans or something like that (I could be very wrong and was quite possibly drunk when I read that). If thats the case I would bet anything that Hasbro will include the crown in their inevitable release of the toy and ditch the drink tray because of the small size of the glasses. And they might think it 'promotes alcoholism' or something. Although Hasbro did make several Star Wars cantina figures that came with little glasses that were presumably for space booze.

Bah. I got nothin'. :D

lolz bah! Sucks, actually I love the drinks tray!, i can use it with my other figures for alcohoalism fun!

SUCKS tho! i wanted the crown..

lolz bah! Sucks, actually I love the drinks tray!, i can use it with my other figures for alcohoalism fun!

SUCKS tho! i wanted the crown..

The drink tray and apron will definitely get use in my display, I love weird crap like that. The thought-transfer helmet will probably never leave the package. I could take or leave the crown. I have no objections to it, but I don't think I'll miss it. Seems odd for them to leave it out considering its just a small and relatively simple piece of plastic. Unless my earlier theory is true and Hasbro wants exclusive rights to the crown based on the presumption that fans who bought the Takara version might also buy the Hasbro version just for the crown.

If I really want him wearing a crown I think the one that came with the Superking Bender figure will work. ^_^

Edited by eriku

Nice! Then it should only be a few months until they turn up in rural PA, forcing me to cross my fingers and pray that they even do show up here in case retailers decide to just make room for the movie line.

Sad but true. I'm in the same boat. :( Ratchet's one that I need to see in person too, I can't buy that mold blind.

Where the heck is the Wheelie/Cosmos/Warpath legends wave!??! I'm tempted to cave into the ebay gougers.