Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

Man, where are y'all finding these new waves of Animated/Universe? I've been to Wal Marts in two different states, and all I've seen is a reduction in the size of the TF section down to like a 2' long piece of aisle that's half taken up by the last wave of movie pegwarmers.

Man, where are y'all finding these new waves of Animated/Universe? I've been to Wal Marts in two different states, and all I've seen is a reduction in the size of the TF section down to like a 2' long piece of aisle that's half taken up by the last wave of movie pegwarmers.

I haven't seen any of the latest waves of TF Universe where I am ...

:(

New Universe toys should be hitting Toys 'R Us now. My local one had a solitary Legends class Animated Starscream, a solitary Hound (which I eagerly bought), several Cheetors (of which I have no interest), and a few Starscreams.

With Legends Brawn and the upcoming Deluxe Ratchet, we're only missing a few of the 1984 Series 1 Autobots (Huffer, Gears, Windcharger, Jazz, Wheeljack, and Trailbreaker). I'd love for Hasbro to do them all in Universe, as they (plus the Dinobots) were the season 1 characters I remember best (and even with season 2, Blaster and Perceptor really stood out for me, but I thought a lot of guys like Grapple and Tracks were kinda lame). But honestly, I'd be happy enough to get a proper Deluxe Jazz and Wheeljack (no Legends, and no repaints).

EDIT: I went back and got Universe Starscream. The Autobots are outnumbering the Decepticons...

Edited by mikeszekely

I hope the BotCon exclusives are "good" this year, seeing as I am likely to be able to attend for the first time. Last year's set was LAME, but the games of deception set from 2 years ago (i.e., Classics Thundercracker, Thrust, Dirge et al.) was awesome.

Hasbro's distribution is way inconsistent. I remember looking for Animated Swoop for months. I finally found one and bought it instantly. Now I can't go to a store without tripping over 5 Swoops.
Your retail chains are responsible for distribution of toys. Hasbro is only responsible for sending the goods the retailers order from China to the distribution centers, and from then on it's out of their hands.

Your retail chains are responsible for distribution of toys. Hasbro is only responsible for sending the goods the retailers order from China to the distribution centers, and from then on it's out of their hands.

Well, I hate whoever decided that the stores in my area needed stacks of Cheetors while I haven't seen a single Cyclonus.

Wow, that's beautiful. I had the original Defensor back in the day.

I don't recognize the motorcycle. What series was that originally from?

It's a heavy rebuild of Armada/Energon Sideways

http://www.tfu.info/2002/Autobot/ArmSideways/sideways.htm

Well, I hate whoever decided that the stores in my area needed stacks of Cheetors while I haven't seen a single Cyclonus.

You mean the scalpers who bought all the Cycloni and Hounds...

The case Cheetor comes in is a mix of the three.

You mean the scalpers who bought all the Cycloni and Hounds...

The case Cheetor comes in is a mix of the three.

Scaplers? In my neck of the woods? I'm lucky to meet other people who even know how to get on "them thar interwebs."

Scaplers? In my neck of the woods? I'm lucky to meet other people who even know how to get on "them thar interwebs."

You're from Spokane too? JK B)) We're pretty hick, but not that bad. On topic, I've been to 2 Walmarts and Toys-R-us, who usually get stuff before Wally and Target, and they're all still carrying the last wave of T-Formers, both Universe and Animated. Third world countries get new stuff before Spokane. <_<

I've been eyeballing Henkei Cyclonus; to me it looks much better than the domestic version, and I've yet to own a Henkei. Suggestions on stores?

Man that Defensor is insane. I was wondering if FrenzyRumble would get around to making a custom of my favorite combiner and he hasn't disappointed. He used just about every transformer i figured he would in putting this guy together (Fire Convoy for Hot Spot, Liveconvoy (Evac) for Blades etc.).

If only i had $3,000 lying around :blink:.

You're from Spokane too?

I've heard some stuff about Spokane (from the PA guys, actually), but I might have you beat. I'm from Pennsylvania... and not the good part. I'm from the part referred to during the election by (I think) both sides as "Penntucky.

Probly' them thar' stock employees taking advantage of their position.

I'm from the part referred to during the election by (I think) both sides as "Penntucky.

:lol:

Edited by Chindenathus

Man that Defensor is insane. I was wondering if FrenzyRumble would get around to making a custom of my favorite combiner and he hasn't disappointed. He used just about every transformer i figured he would in putting this guy together (Fire Convoy for Hot Spot, Liveconvoy (Evac) for Blades etc.).

That custom is beast....that's all I can say.

I've heard some stuff about Spokane (from the PA guys, actually), but I might have you beat. I'm from Pennsylvania... and not the good part. I'm from the part referred to during the election by (I think) both sides as "Penntucky.

Dude, small world. I grew up in Elk County, PA..very much "Pennsyltucky" up there. :lol: I'm stationed out here in Spokane at Fairchild AFB. It's better than the PA podunk.

That Defensor is Amazing. And I'm not really a big fan of gestalts. Great work from a damned talented guy.

Funny thing is that Blades is a repaint of Hasbro's own Universe Blades redeco of Evac.

Funny thing is that Blades is a repaint of Hasbro's own Universe Blades redeco of Evac.

Yeah I actually have that figure at home. The paint app. on this one though (as well as the addition of the Cybertron Defense Scattershot head?) just takes the cake.

I'm actually in the middle of replacing Blades' head with an extra Alternator Optimus head i had and I'm having trouble finding any easy way to 1) remove his original head and 2) attach Prime's head, so more credit to FrenzyRumble on his customs.

More Animated season 3 spoiler character art:

http://www.52toys.com/?p=376

Spoiler comments:

My first guess/hope was that she was a full-on transformer now which'd be cool IMHO, based on the wings, but a closer look makes me think they're just wings for flight--she simply doesn't have enough "kibble" to transform, even by female TF standards.

Hmmm I wouldn't mind it if the next Masterpiece went on a bit of a tangent and we got something from another generation of TFs.

Star Saber and Victory Leo would be great, or a God Ginrai. I didn't mind Masterforce or Victory.

If there was one thing that bothered me, it was the fact that they used melee weapons to shoot beams, it struck me as gay. Melee weapons are only for one thing guys and that's not to use to shoot your enemies. You want to use beams, that's what your rifles were for.

Animation was great though.