Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

i guess the sad question is how tall is cyclonus to galvatron?

From the pics I saw on allspark, Cyclonus is taller. It's not really that far off from the G1 toon models, where Cyclonus was actually taller than Galavatron. I get the impression Galvatron was made to scale with Cyclonus and Classics Rodimus, and not anyone else. I still wish he was a bit taller. It would help fix how delicate he is.

My HTS Megatron arrived last week. He's not as white as he looks in online pics. Definitely more G1 inspired. Best part was that there were none of those *@&^*@#($(@ plastic ties holding him in the package.

Wow. That's pretty alarming. And so is the price.

A while back, I was trying to negotiate with an ebayer for a KO black G1 Optimus. Dude wouldn't let it go for under $80. Needless to say, no sale. The whole time I was thinking "Uh...you understand it's a knock-off, right?".

::staying up late going through the TF wiki::

Why does Octane's page STILL say he's a 707? That is just so wrong. He's a two-engined 747. Trust me on this. (never mind the fact that he has absolutely none of the 707's features--might as well say he's a DC-10 or some other equally random non-747esque airliners) (for a while I saw him called a 767--which is quite understandable---but a 707? C'mon, that's like saying the VF-1 is based on the F-16--no, not at all, no matter how much leeway you give)

::staying up late going through the TF wiki::

Why does Octane's page STILL say he's a 707? That is just so wrong. He's a two-engined 747. Trust me on this. (never mind the fact that he has absolutely none of the 707's features--might as well say he's a DC-10 or some other equally random non-747esque airliners) (for a while I saw him called a 767--which is quite understandable---but a 707? C'mon, that's like saying the VF-1 is based on the F-16--no, not at all, no matter how much leeway you give)

Uh... you do know you can edit those things, right?

Yeah, but I never do. I never make accounts anywhere for just one post/edit/thing.

Ah, I see. But I don't know if you need to make an account. I know before they moved, you could edit anonymously. It just logs your IP, and you have to fill out a short form that says what you changed and the reason for changing it.

In other news, since I to drop stuff at my parents' house, then drop stuff at my friend's parents' house, I figured I'd pop into Wal-Mart real quick to look for the new Universe Deluxes, since I drive right by the entrance anyway. It was a waste of time... it looks like they did get cleaned out, then they restocked with what they had... Animated. The only Universe figure in the store was a lone Sideswipe.

I've got mixed feelings. It would have been nice to walk away with Cyclonus and Hound, but if no one stocked them in my area, I don't have to compete people buying toys for kids to get them. Indeed, I can shop Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys 'R Us at my leisure after the holidays.

Edited by mikeszekely

Thanks. :)

PS--I posted this in the MP-07 thread at TFW as well, but looking at the molding of the area just behind the intakes, it seems that the "swapped chest parts" actually are the intended way--for TC at least. The area they fold up into in jet mode is clearly molded to accomodate them that way. I'm wondering if they were swapped around intentionally and that area was re-molded to accept them that way, or if that area was always like that, and it wasn't until now that the chest parts were assembled right. (still, it's counter to the G1 toy and toon appearance how MP TC is)

Is Cheetor really as bad as pictures make him out to be? It's almost too bad to be true...?

Pete

The Pics online are mis-transformed. He's definitely better than the original (well, slightly lol) His transformation is a lot more complex, he is taller and his head sculpt is more show accurate. But you can tell they spent more time on the design of the beast mode than his robot mode. I hate the design on his arms. Still recommended though.

Cant wait for dinobot. I wonder if they'll redo the whole Beast Wars line.

Edited by holytoledo69

Uh oh---anyone who got an Encore Metroplex from anyone other than HLJ I'd guess, better check theirs carefully:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers...ource-fake.html

I was getting Encore Metroplex for Christmas and was sweating this news for the last few days. Finally was able to check today and phew, luckily I have a legit one!! What a relief. Got mine from LOS - as an FYI.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

botcon 2009 may 28-31 in Pasadena. most likely at the convention center again.

Awesome news!!! Looks like I'm going this year ... if I can afford it.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Happy holidays everyone!!

Edited by Vermillion21

So, should BotCon always be in the middle of America so nobody is happy or angry? Seems to me that any location near the coasts will piss somebody off while making somebody else happy. Last few BotCons have been more to the east, so it's logically time for the west. Hell, with it being closer to production, maybe we'll get more Movie prop vehicles this year.

I CAN'T BELIEVE nobody asked Peter Cullen to go stand near the Optimus Prime truck for photos.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

MP Thundercracker has awesome red chrome accents--on the BACKSIDE of his missile covers. I tried my darndest to remove them and flip them around, but it's impossible. They're super-super-glued in. The chest will snap in half before they let go. Darn. Plain black chest fans are boring, while chrome red is awesome and one of TC's accent colors.

Still experimenting with what can and can't be taken apart/masked for painting. Have already done the "clearance for the screw in the armpit" mod. Debating repainting his missile chest covers--I could probably mask off the blue striping already painted to preserve it. (one of the chest covers has pretty poor paint, the only real QC issue on mine---and I don't like the gunmetal anyways, I want SILVER paint on my TC)

(when I'm all done, my MP TC will be very G1, though not quite as much as the ones that are 100% custom repaints from a Starscream)

MP Thundercracker has awesome red chrome accents--on the BACKSIDE of his missile covers. I tried my darndest to remove them and flip them around, but it's impossible. They're super-super-glued in. The chest will snap in half before they let go. Darn. Plain black chest fans are boring, while chrome red is awesome and one of TC's accent colors.

Still experimenting with what can and can't be taken apart/masked for painting. Have already done the "clearance for the screw in the armpit" mod. Debating repainting his missile chest covers--I could probably mask off the blue striping already painted to preserve it. (one of the chest covers has pretty poor paint, the only real QC issue on mine---and I don't like the gunmetal anyways, I want SILVER paint on my TC)

(when I'm all done, my MP TC will be very G1, though not quite as much as the ones that are 100% custom repaints from a Starscream)

Careful. Remember when you ruined your Premium Prime?

Hey, that seems to be a weird thing---from other threads at TFW, I am not the only person that "every other TF painted was fine, but Prime was eaten alive". There's something weird about Movie Prime's plastic. Also, not using that paticular paint--it just doesn't seem to like recent TFs. My Titanium Magnus *still* hasn't dried--gave up and wiped it off recently. And I'll be testing first anyways.

Finally, MP TC has a "barrier coat" anyways, it won't be over raw plastic. (MP TC is basically covered in Future from the factory)

Hmmmn. My first attempt at removing pins didn't go well---couldn't budge a single one on any toy I attempted. I've gotta be doing something wrong. (maybe I need a harder block of wood). (I'm practicing on old, cheap TFs that I can sacrifice)

Cartoon colors MP TC would suck. Hard. I also doubt Hasbro would do "wonderfully G1 toy accurate"---that seems to be a Japanese thing.

And I'd rather repaint the intakes and tailfins, then spend hours rubbing off "black soot from the coal-fueled airbrake fire". (I plan on/hope for Reprolabels to provide G1-style stickers and markings--I've already emailed Deltastar, but he says he needs a MP TC before he can make them--I can wait)

Plus Hasbro seems slightly color-blind lately. White Starscreams and pink Primes... (and a SILVER-PAINTED nosecone on MP SS, when it was already molded in toy and toon-accurate blue? WTF? What would they do to MP TC's nose, green?)

Saw zero new universe toys for almost a month. HOWEVER I did see some of the new wave figures that include Skywarp, Shockwave, Sentinel Prime and Blurr....beucase I'm on such a tight budget, I got Blurr.

His vehicle form is sleek and sexy, but his bot mode leaves a bit to be lacked but still decent in my opinion. Good design overall so i can't really complain.

Just wish they'd hurry up with the other figures so I can finish collecting the TV characters.