Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

Considering the deluxe sized nature of Alternity I think this line has a much better opportunity of channeling a G1 feel compared to BT. I also hope we might finally be able to get some real non-car alt modes, like semi's, tanks and planes that are sort of in scale. The only thing that peeves me is of course prime being a car. I'm not that G1 obsessive, but c'mon. They started off BT with smokescreen, a fairly obscure character. I know he was based off a famous race car and stuff, but then they could have found another stock race car to use and saved prime and megs for a truck and tank, two alt modes worthy of those two characters.

I kind of feel like Alternity won't be a long ongoing line like BT did, when they do Prime & Megatron right off the bat. Kind of reminds me the Nike Shoe Prime & Megatron releases.

Yah. I'm a bit disappointed that they're stopping the 1/24 scale BTs at BT-23 and continuing on with the Alternity 1/32 scales. But you'll never know, BT-18 was suppose to be the last one and then suddenly 19 thru 23 came out.

I'd like for Takatomy to continue the 1/24 BT line, and I think I am saying this because the BTs are the only Transformer toys that I was able to completely collect each official release. Do the KISS versions count as BTs?

Anyone pick up the recently released Target TF universe exclusives??

I bought both comic packs (Springer & Ratbat, Dirge & Roadbuster), and the Animated Stealth Lockdown 3-pack with legends class Prime and Bumblebee. Overall, they are pretty neat.

Anyone pick up the recently released Target TF universe exclusives??

I bought both comic packs (Springer & Ratbat, Dirge & Roadbuster), and the Animated Stealth Lockdown 3-pack with legends class Prime and Bumblebee. Overall, they are pretty neat.

Yeah, after avoiding all the holiday mess, I snuck out to Target tonight (Sunday night). My local Target had stocked them once, and sold out, so I was surprised to see they'd restocked them. I passed on the Animated stuff, since I think I'm done collecting Animated toys in favor of Universe toys. I also passed on the Dirge/Roadbuster set. Dirge doesn't look like Dirge, he looks like Starscream painted in Dirge's colors. Likewise, Hotshot doesn't really pass for Roadbuster, so all that toy had going for it is Roadbuster's colors, which are frankly kinda nasty.

I did pick up the Ratbat/Springer set. Cybertron Sideways makes for a pretty-slick pre-cassette Ratbat, and Cybertron Evac was a pretty solid helicopter Transformer to begin with. I'm glad I passed on the Blades repaint... while he had a pretty real-life accurate paint in alt mode, neither mode really looked like Blades to me. As Springer, he might not look as slick in alt mode, but he looks very Springer-ish as a bot (despite how much that illusion falls apart under scrutiny). Short of a proper Universe triple-changing toy that was never meant to be anything but Springer, it's likely the best Springer we'll get. And Ratbat, well, short of some sort of encore release in Japan, it's probably the only Ratbat we'll get.

Since when is Megatron a Samurai? Is there some sort of convoluted Alternity back story I'm missing?

Beats me, I didn't even know that there was an official Alternity story. But the armor detailing on alternity megs shows a pretty clear samurai influence, imo.

But the armor detailing on alternity megs shows a pretty clear samurai influence, imo.

Yeah, I can see that. And yeah, the swords fit that motif. But that still begs the question, why is Megatron a samurai all the sudden, and where'd the fusion cannon from the artwork go?

Yeah, I can see that. And yeah, the swords fit that motif. But that still begs the question, why is Megatron a samurai all the sudden, and where'd the fusion cannon from the artwork go?

yeah, i'd like to know. Maybe nissan pulled a Honda and didn't want guns to be associated with them?

Anyone buying the TF Animated Activators?? The new wave was at my local Wal-Mart, but they seem to be marked up to $8.99 each, more than a Deluxe, WTF???

Because everywhere that's not Wal-Mart is charging $10.99 for Deluxes? Don't get me wrong, if Wal-Mart can make money selling them for $7.77, I'm glad to give them my business, but maybe they can't afford to discount all their TF's that much. Or maybe they're doing it because you figure, hey, while you're there, you might pick up a Voyager or two at the standard price? I dunno.

They seem pretty cool, but I'm not collecting the Activators (as I mentioned, I kinda lost interest in Animated), but I do gotta swing by Toys R' Us soon. I do want to snag Brawn, Wheelie, Beachcomber, and Warpath in the Legends class, and Toys R' Us is the only store around that seems to stock Legends.

Unrelated rant, why all the Legends Autobots? Why not shove out a few crappier Decepticons and help fill out their ranks? Maybe the Insecticons?

Because everywhere that's not Wal-Mart is charging $10.99 for Deluxes? Don't get me wrong, if Wal-Mart can make money selling them for $7.77, I'm glad to give them my business, but maybe they can't afford to discount all their TF's that much. Or maybe they're doing it because you figure, hey, while you're there, you might pick up a Voyager or two at the standard price? I dunno.

They seem pretty cool, but I'm not collecting the Activators (as I mentioned, I kinda lost interest in Animated), but I do gotta swing by Toys R' Us soon. I do want to snag Brawn, Wheelie, Beachcomber, and Warpath in the Legends class, and Toys R' Us is the only store around that seems to stock Legends.

Unrelated rant, why all the Legends Autobots? Why not shove out a few crappier Decepticons and help fill out their ranks? Maybe the Insecticons?

Walmart around here have market up their deluxe to 7.89 and Target has market them down to 7.79.

Good luck finding the new Classics before next year. I doubt I'll see them around my town before then.

Good luck finding the new Classics before next year. I doubt I'll see them around my town before then.

Well, I don't think some of the Legends I want are due until then, and I also doubt that Cyclonus, Hound, or Inferno will turn up before then either. But I think that some of the Legends I want ought to be out.

Honestly, I'd rather they weren't, though. Save me a lot of hassle if I only have to deal with other collectors and scalpers and not the holiday crowd.

To those who have/will have the Universe Superion set. The left-arm connection point on mine was a teeny bit faulty.

I was taking the arm off last night and the entire connection point cam off. Evidently, the screw had next to no thread so it was barely hanging on in there.

I lost the spring so I now have to find a new spring and a screw with a head as the existing screws have flat tops.

I think the only major problem with this line is the back-wards knees that many have encountered. Hopefully this is just on mine.

(I really have a pattern of breaking or receiving faulty robot/planes. Now it's the 1/60 1S, Nora SV51 and now Superion)

If I never got a Grimlock as a kid it was mostly because in person the metallic scheme put me off. This one isn't so metal looking as I remember the original but that gold is a bit to much for my eyes :lol:

I was somewhat disappointed when the height comparison pics. of Grimlock showed he was a little shorter than MP-01 Optimus, but seeing him in full color has brought me back from the brink. :ph34r:

Pre-order placed.

Edited by Veritas

The colored Grimlock pics are amazing... I'm totally stoked.

In other news, I scored a MOSC G1 Cyclonus at the comic shop today... the box was crap (but it's a Poster box) and they were having a sale, so it was only like $50... naturally I took it home and immediately opened it up! :D Cyclonus is one of the G1 movie figs I've been dying to find at a decent price after not buying a loose one at the same comic shop for $70 and having it be gone the next week. I've never gotten to open a sealed G1 TF before, but it was amazing... now all I need is a Reprolabels sheet. I also grabbed a loose Bandai VF-17S... any way to tell if it's real, and or find a gun for it?

If I never got a Grimlock as a kid it was mostly because in person the metallic scheme put me off. This one isn't so metal looking as I remember the original but that gold is a bit to much for my eyes :lol:

Same, never had one as a kid, nows our chance. :D I'm liking the gold, and kinda sad it isn't a little more mettalic in finish,

looks a tad cheap, but i'm sure he's sturdy as hell (well i hope) His poseability is what i am really happy about! GRIM FTW!

H E Y his eyes (robot mode) light up red!!!! Or is that a photo shop? I'm gonna weather him i reckon, just a tad.

And slap a bandana around his head... yeah Grim rocks hard. HE KING.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

H E Y his eyes (robot mode) light up red!!!! Or is that a photo shop? I'm gonna weather him i reckon, just a tad.
That seems to be the word. Supposedly his eyes can be switched between red and blue in bot or dino mode. Interesting gimmick, to say the least.

edit: sp

Edited by RD Blade