Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.2

Graham

Anybody else notice that the rvf-25 and the vf-25g are sporting crotch armor now, at least bandai is working on the armor packs

The recent issue # 130 of Figure Oh magazine, also had plenty of pics showing the crotch armor.

IIRC, scans were posted a few pages back.

Graham

And demographically Japanese toy collector >----------------------> MW, if fans of Macross in Japan feel not right they would be heavy talks on 2ch and mass complaint to Bandai and stuff, but are not happening AFAIK.

No offense man but what you don't know could fill a warehouse.

Okay, Simpsons quote aside... can you read Japanese and have you been reading their sites? I would genuinely love to know what the Macross fans in the land of the rising sun think about the DX.

Edited by MasterOfPuppets

Okay, Simpsons quote aside... can you read Japanese and have you been reading their sites? I would genuinely love to know what the Macross fans in the land of the rising sun think about the DX.

me too.

Well, they kinda work for me--- I guess they are meant to show that the chunky designs would look fine even in the anime? Any high quality individual versions of that?

Looking at the super VF-25G and RVF-25, it seems that the back of the legs/top of the engines in fighter mode are left low so that there is enough space for the super pack.

Eugimon-- I suspect that the arm can pivot at the shoulder as well? It is a ball joint after all-- they just can't get the same range of motion as they would a human body. Also, if you hold your arm in that position, your clavicle would move up as well-- it is just that it is covered with flesh and bone, while it isn't covered in the VF.

Edited by edwin3060

I can read Japanese and I have been reading 2ch, misc. BBS boards, and various blogs. At the 2ch I saw some of the similar complaints seen here. But at the sametime, there is also excitement for the toy as well as calls for sturdiness in light of the fragility of Yamato products. The complaining doesn't seem as pervasive as MW though that might simply be due to the limitations of the 2ch board. I hate 2ch as it's a crazy place with weirdos and idiots posting away sometimes it's hard to wade through all the crap. Not to mention that it’s a BBS board and not a real forum-type software like vbulletin.

Not one bit of complaining on the official (Big West's) Macross website BBS. I suppose that's not surprising.

Some bloggers stressed the importance of durability and “playability” (ie. for high playability, the toy must be worry free of breakage). Most others seem to be content with just the 1/72 kit.

Generally, the outlook in Japan seems to be quite positive on the DX toy. So far anyways. The real critical comments may come when it’s actually in the hands and reviewed.

On a side note, a couple of recent posts in 2ch suggested that some of the high prices and lack of volume in regards to Macross products is due to the absurdly high licensing fees that Big West demands from licensees (like Yamato and Bandai).

Edited by Vifam7

On a side note, a couple of recent posts in 2ch suggested that some of the high prices and lack of volume in regards to Macross products is due to the absurdly high licensing fees that Big West demands from licensees (like Yamato and Bandai).

That's pretty sad, IMO. Big West would be killing the goose for the eggs if such high license fees discourage other toy manufacturers from entering the market.

Back to the 1/60, I suspect from the pictures of the super packs that the DX would look pretty good in fighter mode with super packs equipped-- hopefully we can get pictures of that soon!

Edited by edwin3060

Well, they kinda work for me--- I guess they are meant to show that the chunky designs would look fine even in the anime? Any high quality individual versions of that?

Looking at the super VF-25G and RVF-25, it seems that the back of the legs/top of the engines in fighter mode are left low so that there is enough space for the super pack.

Eugimon-- I suspect that the arm can pivot at the shoulder as well? It is a ball joint after all-- they just can't get the same range of motion as they would a human body. Also, if you hold your arm in that position, your clavicle would move up as well-- it is just that it is covered with flesh and bone, while it isn't covered in the VF.

Yeah but when you rotate your arm, the clavicle joint moves in addition to the shoulder, not instead of the shoulder, which is how they posed the arm. I'm sure the arm can be posed correctly (bandai is awesome for their posability) but it just look silly as hell.

Yeah but when you rotate your arm, the clavicle joint moves in addition to the shoulder, not instead of the shoulder, which is how they posed the arm. I'm sure the arm can be posed correctly (bandai is awesome for their posability) but it just look silly as hell.

Yep I totally get it... Bandai just seems to have a problem with posing their toys I guess-- just look at the DX VF-25G / DX RVF-25 in some of the model show pictures-- totally horrific and uninspiring!

Does anyone here know if Bandai also considers equipping Luca's RVF-25G with three AIF-7S Ghost as it is in the show? Might be sold seperately though. But that would be very cool!! Oh yeah, VF-25S Armored Messiah in Ozma colours would be the best!! Hopefully a VF-27 "Lucifer" will also be released in the future. Love that big gun, reminds me of a real world German Henschel Hs 129B-3 from WWII. I'm still wondering how the nosewheel works with that gun in place though...

img0.jpg

I hope it gets crappy reviews so that Bandai will make an anime accurate one.

x 2 , dunno what they drink over there and couldn't give a crap about if it's toddler approved, put more effort into Macross bandai.

Wonder when we'll get pics of the Quater, atleast i know they co0uldn't possibly fudge that up, not that it's as important as a valk to get right.

Still want to know about the QC on these DX's... hope bandai atleast get that right.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Oh I see purest in denial now heh (truth hurt lol)

I would rather see "Yamato" could finally wake up and see what wrong with their stuff rather than still doing crap QC release first (with huge price tag) and fix later approach

Edited by ntsan

well you might as well put forward bending knees in that category as well

why? The forward bending knees serves a legitimate purpose. Not posing the arm correctly and just swinging the arm up at neck is silly.

Nope you are not the only one, guys at tfw2005 are impressed too!

yeah... but they're impressed with everything. :p We hate everything, they love everything, our two sites hold the universe of fandom in balance.

Edited by eugimon

Am I the only one that actually thinks those latest set of pictures look really cool.

I'd love to have larger hi-res versions for use as wallpaper.

Graham

yeah the pics are great... great photography and great photoshopping (is this even a word???)

but the valk still looks the same w/ the leg to shield gaps in fighter, hip placement and Urkel ankles/feet. :wacko:

why? The forward bending knees serves a legitimate purpose. Not posing the arm correctly and just swinging the arm up at neck is silly.

yeah... but they're impressed with everything. :p We hate everything, they love everything, our two sites hold the universe of fandom in balance.

heh, you weren't there when the TF movie designs first got out... dear god... the horror that I unleashed that day... (I was the guy who managed to leak the pics of the designs and early toy prototypes to them under a fake name... Pulsar Striker I believe I used)

Anyway, I'm loving the new pics of the DX toy. I am REALLY unsatisfied with the model... it just doesn't jive to me at all.

Am I the only one that actually thinks those latest set of pictures look really cool.

I'd love to have larger hi-res versions for use as wallpaper.

Graham

You must have missed my post! I was the first one who said I liked it :lol: but like the others said, it doesn't hide any of the problems with the model.

Those anime background pictrues definitely favor fighter and gerwalk mode. But the limitations on Battroid mode are not so much a result of chunkiness as they are of the design of the VF-25 Messiah - it just doesn't have as "humanoid" a frame as some of the earlier fighters - it's a mix of looks; and in a sense has to be in order to be the "25th anniversary Valkyrie" that it was meant to be - an homage to all previous fighters...

Will be happy when these come out.

Pete

nothing wrong with plastic... as long as it's the RIGHT plastic. <_<

Mostly agree. I just wish producers of transforming toys would stop putting token diecast in all the wrong spots.

bare diecast joints for structural integrity = good.

diecast anything else where there is alot of friction during transformation = bad

Does anyone here know if Bandai also considers equipping Luca's RVF-25G with three AIF-7S Ghost as it is in the show? Might be sold seperately though. But that would be very cool!! Oh yeah, VF-25S Armored Messiah in Ozma colours would be the best!! Hopefully a VF-27 "Lucifer" will also be released in the future. Love that big gun, reminds me of a real world German Henschel Hs 129B-3 from WWII. I'm still wondering how the nosewheel works with that gun in place though...

img0.jpg

The Hs 129 was a tail dragger. The main gear were in the engine nacelles, with just a small tailwheel for support.

Dunno how it works on the VF-27, but I like the design ^_^

Vostok 7

Mostly agree. I just wish producers of transforming toys would stop putting token diecast in all the wrong spots.

bare diecast joints for structural integrity = good.

diecast anything else where there is alot of friction during transformation = bad

I've had hardly any difficulties with die-cast chipping due to friction points on past Bandai products. I've also had problems with chipping of details on bare plastic. It comes down to design more than material. Let's keep the jury out on potential problems with the DX VF-25 until we have it in hand, methinks. If done right (and they have plenty of practice doing so), die-cast is a great addition to toys and able to provide a lot of solidity, strength, and balance if it's in the right places. So far the only questionable placement of diecast that I can see on the DX is in the hips, and if it provides strength and a greater center of balance for gerwalk mode, for instance, I don't see a problem with it assuming it's properly primered and sealed.

There's an update on the DX toys on the official Frontier blog.

First the Japanese: -

超合金さん、こんにちは。

sato4です。こんにちは。

12月は何の月?フッフー♪(←語呂悪い)

そうです。

12月はVF-25の「DX超合金」の発売月なんです。

随分前から開発に取り掛かっていたにも関わらず(実はプラモデルよりも早い。)、延期に次ぐ延期でユーザーの皆様はおろか、社内担当者(私)や関係各社をもヒヤヒヤさせていた一品です。

開発担当者のUE田君がろくに家にも帰らず頑張りました。

お疲れさま、UE田君!

プラモデルのスタイリッシュな形状とは対極的な(言い過ぎか!?)マッシブなボディを見よ!これぞ「超合金」だ!

金属パーツを多用しているので、変形を楽しみたいなら超オススメです。

ガシガシ遊べますよ~。

VF-25F 早乙女アルト機、VF-25Sオズマ・リー機ともに12月下旬発売予定で、各12,600円(税込)での販売です。

3月にはVF-25G ミハエル・ブラン機とRVF-25 ルカ・アンジェローニ機も待機してます。

スカル小隊揃い踏み!

よろしくお願いしまーす。

アルト機購入決定の方は通販サイト「魂ウェブ」で「スーパーパーツ(スーパーパック)」の購入される事をオススメします。

◆魂ウェブ http://www.tamashii.jp/

ぜひぜひ!

by sato4(BANDAI)

Then the Google translation, which makes very little sense at all :D: -

Mr. superalloy, hello.

sato4. Hello.

What is the month of December? Hu fluoride ♪ (← combination of sounds bad)

That's right.

VF-25 in December, "DX superalloy" is the launch of a month.

From long ago had developed in spite of working on (actually faster than Wonder.), Second only to postpone the postponement of everyone not to mention the user's in-house staff (I) and related companies have also been HIYAHIYA Choise.

UE developers of the rice paddies you頑張RIMASHITA barely gone to the house.

Thank you, UE Tin you!

Wonder of the stylish shape and a different (exaggeration?) Massive body lo! KOREZO "superalloy"!

Makes extensive use of metal parts, so if you want fun and super-deformed is recommended.

I ~ rasp play.

VF-25F aircraft Alto Saotome, VF-25S aircraft Ozma Lee will be released at the end of both 12, each 12600 yen (tax included) for sale.

In March, Michael Blanc VF-25G aircraft and Luke ANJERONI RVF-25 aircraft are also waiting.

Skull platoon matching treadmill!

- Thank you want.

The decision to purchase the aircraft Alto shopping site "Soul of the Web" and "Super Parts (Super Pack)" to be recommended for purchase.

◆ Web http://www.tamashii.jp/ soul

Please Please!

by sato4 (BANDAI)

Make of that what you will.

Graham

Hopefully a VF-27 "Lucifer" will also be released in the future. Love that big gun, reminds me of a real world German Henschel Hs 129B-3 from WWII. I'm still wondering how the nosewheel works with that gun in place though...

Easy.

We see how it works in the anime.

There is a scene in one episode, where the VF-27 is show parked or taxiing in the hanger in fighter mode and we see the the gun barrel splits open down the middle (just like when it is firinging a high power shot) and the front landing gear fits between the two halves of the barrel.

Graham

I would love to change my legal name to Mr. Superalloy Hello! :) That would be awesome.

As for that translation - I interpret it to mean that there are postponements, that only Alto will come out in December, and that th reason is because the global financial crisis has compelled Bandai design teams to take up part time jobs working rice paddies to make ends meet.

Pete