Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.2

Graham

Model folks are definitely bigger sticklers for accuracy than toy folks (as they should be). It would make sense that Bandai would have their model division keep things to as close as they could for show semblances and then have their toy division go with a different approach.

Well i'm waiting it out for a combo pack/s, seriously bandai need to get the sh^t together.

A combo pack will most likely happen. It's interesting that Bandai says this:

※「DX超合金 VF-25Fメサイアバルキリー(早乙女アルト機)」と

「スーパーパーツ」のセット版商品の予定はありません(2008年11月現在)。

Translation: There are no plans for a set release (combo pack) of the DX Chogokin VF-25F Messiah Valkyrie (Saotome Alto vers.) with 'Super Parts'. (At present time November 2008)

Key words here: (At present time November 2008)

Edited by Vifam7

Well i'm waiting it out for a combo pack/s, seriously bandai need to get the sh^t together.

I'm waiting too. I don't see much point in releasing the armor seperately or not at all. I mean who is NOT going to want it? Seems like money in the bank to me.

The section about the models, where they show, I'm assuming all the planned releases:

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/maga/fk/03_2008/037.html

Can someone tell me what it says under the Super version of Alto. Are they including that sweet SMS stand or is that going to be sold separetly?

Chris

Conceeded, but unfortunately if you make the Batt mode look chuncky the fighter mode suffers which is the case here. Can't make one look one way without the other also looking that way. :(

Chris

If it was SK's wish to make the DX a chunky battroid, why bother with the fighter mode? I would much rather have a really good looking chunky battroid (like the concept sketch posted earlier) and a crappy fighter than something balanced. Give me one mode that is super awesome and not both modes to look like crap.

The article mentions that Luca and Michael's valks will come with discount coupons for purchasing the exclusive "Ghost/Reaction Missiles" and "Gallia IV Rescue" sets from the Tamashii Web Shop.

Edited by IXTL

The unpainted white plastic and gray/purple on the gun pod don't look too good on Alto's valk. The finished 25F (which I'm assuming this is) still looks hot though. I'd like to see pics of the 25F and Super pack with fully tampoed on markings soon.

Edited by IXTL

The unpainted white plastic and gray/purple on the gun pod don't look too good on Alto's valk. The finished 25F (which I'm assuming this is) still looks hot though. I'd like to see pics of the 25F and Super pack with fully tampoed on markings soon.

Is this the finalized version?

Oh crap..

Is this the finalized version?

I've just read the article again. It mentions that the VF-25F reviewed is close to the finished product.

The G and RVF are still the same hand painted test shots that have been seen at exhibitions and in the latest Figure King issue. The RVF-25 test shot is not stable enough to stand with the super pack on which is why it's been photographed supported by the stand almost all the time.

Edited by IXTL

No room in the cavity.

Really, That's what you got from the pic? couse to me it looks like they could have made the landing gear at least 50% longer and doubled the diamitar of the tire if they just had the gear rotate and then fold (like on the 1/60 YF-21) and that without changing the leg at all. had they made the extending portion of the leg a little shorter, there would have been even more room, and you wouldn't have the stupid Urkel look. way to be lazy bandai <_<

GA Graphic's preview/review of VF-25F, G and RVF-25 with pics.

ugh. I'm feeling nauseated just looking at these...

I noticed that in all these reviews they seem to be focusing on Battroid pictures and not really showing fighter mode in many pictures at all and then the few shots they do show they are just the same old top view and 1/4 view from above. I want to see more fighter pictures damn it! I'm guessing they know fighter mode doesn't look so good so they won't show any other views. I get that a manufacturer only wants to show a product from it's best point of view, but never showing any thing new can also be just as damning as showing an off proportioned vehicle.....might even be worse because then people may start to wonder what they are trying to hide. Heck, we haven't even seen a 1 picture yet of the fast packs in vehical mode yet or Luca's RVF in fighter mode!! Not saying this to bash Bandai, I just want to see more of fighter mode and it's pissing me off that they only seem to show these to views all the time.

Chris

Edited by Dobber