Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.2

Graham

Cool :) Can anyone pretty please put up the pictures?

As to the fast pack - what I'm most excited about is how it folds up into "satelite mode" or whatever the official designation is :) I'd like to see how that works as well :)

Man - I can't wait for these things to come out!

Pete

Cocked-hip poses are all the rage anyway... let's wait for the real thing before restarting the hate-fest.

I'm new to the recasting game, but I have an idea I want to try to implement...

a locking slider the legs attach to on the hip area. position A would be for F/G mode, then slide it to position B for B mode.

I just hope it's doable without seriously compromising the integrity of the hips... (has nightmares of the original stock VF-11B)

I just hope it's doable without seriously compromising the integrity of the hips... (has nightmares of the original stock VF-11B)

Speaking of nightmares, I remember when I got my VF-11B from BBTS, the legs fell off even before I had taken the figure completely out of the tray. I wrote to BBTS thinking "man - they are NOT going to believe me" - I was like "please believe me - they just...came off...I didn't break anything..."

And BBTS were like "oh, yeah, that's happened to every single VF-11B that we've sold" and offered me store credit :)

It was a shocking eye opener - I'm surprised Yamato had the gutts to keep churning out products after what must have surely been the massive farse of the VF-11B...

And yet - here we are today with a great GREAT range of stuff from Yamato awaiting more...

I just wonder - given how Yamato works - what life will be like in say...2018?

Can you guys imagine, ten years from now, anticipating the 1/48 VF-11B version 3.0 ?:)

See - no need for nightmares. Dream...dream...dream... Row row row your valk gently down the stream...life is but a dream :)

EDIT: Ah crud :) Just noticed this ISN'T the VF-11B thread.

My bad.

On subject: Um....hips...err...I like the hips on the VF-25 - they are mega hot. Just wait till we get a chance to put THOSE into Disco Saturday Night Fever or YMCA poses, as some have done with their VF1s :)

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Just checked all the hobby shops in Wanchai and Causeway Bay during my lunch, but they don't have this issue yet, just the previous issue # 129. :(

Graham

Amazon says it's not out until the 25th, so just a few more days to go.

EDIT -- Damn, I just read GGemini's post now, sorry.

Edited by Renato

I'm new to the recasting game, but I have an idea I want to try to implement...

a locking slider the legs attach to on the hip area. position A would be for F/G mode, then slide it to position B for B mode.

I'm not sure resin would be the right material. I think it would be too brittle and heavy for such a part, unless there's resins that can be somewhat flexible without causing excessive friction during the sliding movement.

Lol reminds me of Aizen's death in Bleach.

...is that a spoiler?

Not likely considering Frontier has finished its run. However there is still a movie... we just don't know if it will be a DYRL style remake or something new yet.

I wish I can agree with u... :ph34r:

That is a good comparison picture, easy to see some of the problems.... though I will note that such problems don't really bother me that much. However I don't plan to get the 1/60 Ozma so it doesn't bother me that much more, I just want the 1/60 Michael.

Well, if the hips were in a lower position on the DX, wouldn't the poseability of the legs be affected by the intakes, like someone has mentioned before? Although, it is possible for the legs to be in the correct position, then be pulled out for the more extreme poses. Oh well.

At least we know that the chunkiness is actually closer to SK's vision... maybe there will be less complaints now? :p

Well, if the hips were in a lower position on the DX, wouldn't the poseability of the legs be affected by the intakes, like someone has mentioned before? Although, it is possible for the legs to be in the correct position, then be pulled out for the more extreme poses. Oh well.

At least we know that the chunkiness is actually closer to SK's vision... maybe there will be less complaints now? :p

Well there you go, you just answered your own question. I'm sure Bandai could find a way to make it work. After all, some of their newer Master Grade Gundam kits have weird and often times pointless leg spreading mechanisms for greater range of motion.

I probably would be pretty content with the DX if the hips were in the right place and the landing gears weren't so tiny.

Leg placement in Batt. mode was never a huge issue for me. Now the low hanging legs in fighter mode and the HORRIBLY inaccurate nose sculpt can't be wished away by an old drawing. Seriously guys, an old concept sketch of the VF-25 and you are using that as a reason for why the 1/60 looks the way it does. :rolleyes:

Chris