Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.2

Graham

Well after seeing the latest pics they still look good but very... toy-like not much detail as far as the paint job and decals go... Its still an early mock up but I do hope the proportions are slimmed down slightly with a better paint job and tamp printing if possible... LOL even stickers would help at this point...

Looking good. It's reasuring to see necks on both the VF-25G and RVF-25.

I'm still concerned whether the VF-25G's gunpod will have any ground clearance in fighter mode, due to the short landing gear.

Hope to see the plethora of whiote markings on the Super packs tampo porinted on the production versions.

Graham

I'm still concerned whether the VF-25G's gunpod will have any ground clearance in fighter mode, due to the short landing gear.

Hope to see the plethora of whiote markings on the Super packs tampo porinted on the production versions.

Graham

Considering the G and RVF seem to come with stands, landing gear no longer bothers me. I am really looking forward to the 25G now. 16000 Yen... that is a lot.. for me.. but I can muster it, and by March it won't be that bad for me.

Graham

I'm sure those landing gears are provisional. They're too crappy to be final.

Alright, preorder in for Michel and Luca's Valkyries. Seeing necks on those, I'd like to see a neck on Ozma's Valkyrie. I'm tired of seeing the same pose over and over with no neck. Anyways, here's to hoping that problem has been worked on and solved. I did like the photoshop fix that was done. Geez, if some Macross fans actually worked on this stuff, I think we'd have awesome toys with very little complaints, then again, it wouldn't be Macrossworld if we didn't have stuff to complain about, right? LOL...

The addition of fast packs make the battroid mode of the 25's look really cool, i might get Mikhail's... main reason i cancelled the Ozma coz of the fpless release....

still the whole roller blade castor wheel landing gear is making me think twice.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey guys, do you think the landing gear will be provisional?

It looks too shitty.... to be honest... for DX Chogokin.

Considering we've seen the crappy landing gear in every picture its probably going to stay on there until the final product, which of course is a damn shame. At least armored up it looks awesome in battroid mode!

I just want to make one important point about landing gear, necks and other concerns:

Do you guys remember the "screw problem" on the version 2.0 1/60 VF-1S? Remember that? Picture after picture after picture of how it seemed that the strike parts for the arms were not differentiated - and how therefore there would be this big ugly screw visible on one of the arms from the front?

To this day - these pictures are STILL on the official Yamato instructions for the v.2 1/60 VF-1S.

But guess what?

They are NOT on the actual figure. The strike armor for the arms does not have the screw problem - all is well, all is lovely, all is fixed.

I'm guessing that the necks and landing gear on the DX will have the same story going for them. We might even end up with neckless pictures in the instructions and ugly landing gear in the instructions - but these glaring problems do get fixed.

I hope

Pete

I just want to make one important point about landing gear, necks and other concerns:

Do you guys remember the "screw problem" on the version 2.0 1/60 VF-1S? Remember that? Picture after picture after picture of how it seemed that the strike parts for the arms were not differentiated - and how therefore there would be this big ugly screw visible on one of the arms from the front?

To this day - these pictures are STILL on the official Yamato instructions for the v.2 1/60 VF-1S.

But guess what?

They are NOT on the actual figure. The strike armor for the arms does not have the screw problem - all is well, all is lovely, all is fixed.

I'm guessing that the necks and landing gear on the DX will have the same story going for them. We might even end up with neckless pictures in the instructions and ugly landing gear in the instructions - but these glaring problems do get fixed.

I hope

Pete

The shoulder for the 1/72 VF-25F also showed wrong side, but thankfully the instruction is correct, but not their photo on the instruction..

Hey Guys,

Aren't any of you guys willing to send our opinions to Bandai Collectors Department (those making the DX Chogokin)?

I don't know their e-mail address but I'm just wondering instead of talking about the problems here, it would be much better to voice our opinions to Bandai and at least let them know which part of their toy we are not satisfied with.

I'll post the email address if I find one.

Hey Guys,

Aren't any of you guys willing to send our opinions to Bandai Collectors Department (those making the DX Chogokin)?

I don't know their e-mail address but I'm just wondering instead of talking about the problems here, it would be much better to voice our opinions to Bandai and at least let them know which part of their toy we are not satisfied with.

I'll post the email address if I find one.

it's pretty much assumed that every major Toy manufacturer out there has people who watch message boards that are frequented by their target audience. and sending emails about toys that aren't even out yet just about never works. you can't directly email bandai's design or management departments and say "this and this and this are wrong, please fix it."

and sending an email to a companies customer care/support line isn't going to do much good either. the people who look at those usually could care less, and all they do is look at what you're email say's, pic the most applicable stock response to send back to you, and then promptly delete your original email.

about the only way to get a company to actually do something through email, is having hundreds or even thousands of unique emails all stating the same complaint, and even then this usually only works when something that's out is broken.

fact of the matter is, Venting what we think about a companies future products on a big message board like this is the best way to get a company to listen to you.

Someone should probably post the gross profits of Bandai, Yamato and Toynami for last year to give folks a sense of scale. I strongly suspect that no one important at Bandai has any idea that this bbs exists. That's one advantage that a smaller company like Yamato brings - more responsiveness to the fan base. Bandai's simply too big to care what American Macross fans think, most likely.

So, if you want to complain, post to 2chan or email Bandai. It'll still be ignored, but it's slightly more likely to be read.

it's pretty much assumed that every major Toy manufacturer out there has people who watch message boards that are frequented by their target audience.

That's a pretty big assumption. While it's been shown that Yamato and Toynami do watch this message board, I don't believe Bandai cares. For nearly the past decade we've been clamoring for SDF-1, Joke Machine, and HCM reissues to no avail. Not to mention improved Macross 7 toys.

fact of the matter is, Venting what we think about a companies future products on a big message board like this is the best way to get a company to listen to you.

Funny, I always thought that best way to get a company to listen to you was with your money. :lol:

If you're listening Bandai:

1) Lights and soungs on that VF-25G Mikhael Custom with a little Ranka figure (I want to press a button on the Gerwalk mode and have it belt out Ranka's song). A little stand for Ranka would also be good.

2) Carrots. Lots of Carrots with cute little Ranka advertising stuff about how the carrots love me yeah. Include this with the Chogokins.

3) Ranka skirts and dresses in variou sizes; and boots too. I really wanna get my girlfriend those boots. Don't leave it all to Cospa - have at and make some clothes too.

4) Singing Valkyries. Each VF-25 should be able to belt out songs and have flashing lights when activated - also include lots of optional glitter.

This I command!

Pete