Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.2

Graham

Completely different mecha those 2 are based on. What's wrong with constructive criticism? I like the new 1/60 more than the 1/48, but I don't intend to sell my 1/48. The DX doesn't make the same changes. You don't see notoriously skeletal hands when they aren't supposed to be, or arms hanging down the the underside of the fighter mode below the legs. Not a fair comparison but hey since you threw it out there...Besides the VF-25 is skinny so the arm comparison is out of the window for battroid mode.

And that last part isn't?

If I make a model of a ferrari and I decide that it should look more like a pick up truck, that doesn't make it a good ferrari, does it?

I can like it, I can like it more than an actual ferrari but it's still a poor representation of a ferrari. That's not subjective, that's measurable and quantifiable.

And again... the DX legs hang in fighter mode and don't sit flush with the body and the legs have gaps all over the place and the hinges are exposed... yes, I think that's far more noticeable and distracting compared to the arms hanging low on the 1/48.

Edited by eugimon

Jeebus, these comparisons are laughable. The thing is SLIGHTLY chunkier than the 3D model with slight tweaks here and there. It's not like you can't tell it's supposed to be a VF-25... in fact it is quite OBVIOUSLY the VF-25. This thread needs a whole lot of "simmer" in it. If you guys hate the toy so bad, give up on the thread.

Jeebus, these comparisons are laughable. The thing is SLIGHTLY chunkier than the 3D model with slight tweaks here and there. It's not like you can't tell it's supposed to be a VF-25... in fact it is quite OBVIOUSLY the VF-25. This thread needs a whole lot of "simmer" in it. If you guys hate the toy so bad, give up on the thread.

if you don't like it, you can't participate? Nice. Imagine if we applied that rule to the various yamato threads? haha... man, this site would be a ghost town. :lol:

Edited by eugimon

if you don't like it, you can't participate? Nice. Imagine if we applied that rule to the various yamato threads? haha... man, this site would be a ghost town. :lol:

That's not at all what I'm saying. Everyone should participate... but when you find yourself coming back and saying "It's not a Ferrari, it's a truck!" every other post then maybe you're getting a little too involved and could use a breather.

Really, it should be called "Shawn and Graham's Macross bitchfest". :)

Hurin tried his "all-loving" macross site and the only time that got traffic was when this site was down. Sorry Hurin, but you know it's true... we love our bitching. :lol:

I can say im pretty much disappointed with the overall design of the DX series, would have loved to get the Alto and Ozama version but the amputated landing gears, drooping fuselage, wrong placement of hips and extended ankles sort of deters me from getting one. The worst is the landing gears..sighs

Edited by recon

no way it is macrossworld and that is the funny part ! :lol:

Man you anti bandai people are SUUUUUCCCCHHHH Whinners!

A Ferrari and a truck analogy good god how old are you ?

IF you NEVER SAW THE SHOW I wonder if you would be saying what your saying now!!!!!!

Anyway

I was on the Yamato site

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en...cial%26hs%3DGaH

This looks interesting. I am going to buy this!

::Mod edit:: Awfully close to flaming, consider this a warning.

That's not at all what I'm saying. Everyone should participate... but when you find yourself coming back and saying "It's not a Ferrari, it's a truck!" every other post then maybe you're getting a little too involved and could use a breather.

I'm not just jumping in this thread to dis the DX though, I don't even post in this thread on a regular basis, I come in for a spell every few weeks and pop in when some new pics get posted. And this all started when I posted a page or two back that the DX is a good toy, just not a good representation of a vf-25, and shin and I have been going back and forth over that one statement, what's so wrong with that?

honestly, is it any worse or any different from any of the other threads on this site? We have threads DEVOTED to ripping on various things.

A lot of us want to have a toy of what we see in the show. Sure the DX is recognizable as a VF-25 but it doesn't capture the true image of it. It's a sleek and slim fighter and battroid. Make one mode or part chunkier and the rest gets chunkier.

I also don't understand how the DX is more balanced when the original design is a sleek fighter. It's like saying a Lambo Gallardo would be more balanced if it was fatter and thicker.

The both have their own faults. The 1/48 has the problems that shin listed, however the 1/60 v.2 head placement in battroid is just wrong. Also, the back pack lock is a visible eyesore in gerwalk and the the fuselage antenna rubs against the tail fins in battroid/gerwalk... especially if you attempt to use the back pack latch or if the FAST packs are attached. The 1/60 also has big unsightly holes on the back of the calves and on the underside of the nose cone. The paint on the shoulder has a tendency to chip as well.

--------------------

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.

- Jascha Heifetz

Poor People's Macross Toy Collecting Support Group (PPMTCSG) member

Paint chips on a plastic toy.....hmmm I remember someone here saying that Die cast in a toy sucks because of the paint chips. And now we have paint chipping on a PLASTIC TOY not to mention all the faults but hey its a Yamato and its awesome because its just so show accurate I love you yamato I love you

Edited by nugundamII

Man you anti bandai people are SUUUUUCCCCHHHH Whinners!

A Ferrari and a truck analogy good god how old are you ?

IF you NEVER SAW THE SHOW I wonder if you would be saying what your saying now!!!!!!

well old enough to garanty that this is a pure toy and has nothing to do with a collector item

I build jets in 1/32 and proportion is really important to me

so I am really familiar with proportion

so when a design is off it looks pretty obvious to me

but it looks like not everyone is seeing that the same way

it has nothing to do with Bandai

any company who brings good stuff is fine with me : I had high hopes at the beginning in fact ...........

if yamato brings us a bad shape valk I will also be really nasty

it makes u feel funny to enjoy something that a lot of people do not like isn'y it ??? the ratio is about 1 to 4

get over it we all have different tastes

again it is macrossworld and the good thing is that everybody is not thinking the same way : we r not robots

by the way : yes I watched the full show

but all I am expecting from any company that makes models / toys out of the show is : accurate stuff

I am not 10- 15 years old

I expected a bit more specially for the price that there are asking

:p

The fact that the legs don't seem to sit flush in fighter mode like they're supposed to really ruins it for me. If that's how this thing actually is and isn't just mistransformed, then I'm passing. The 1/100's legs seem to sit better in fightermode than this does. I may just get the 1/100 instead.

-Kyp

No the fact that it is ugly to you is.

And it's pwetty to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

They need to shoot out bundle packs, i could be tempted.

Agree with Ghostkiller, it's not about which company is developing what, it's the final product we are bitching about.

Why, i remember Y brand trying to bring out the 1/100 VF-0S, we bitched hard, and they re-thought their mistakes, whislt the 25 DX is no way that cailbur of crap, essentially it's the same d.

NugundamII your bandai's bitch. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Really, it should be called "Shawn and Graham's Macross bitchfest". :)

No wonder this place gets joked about on other forums.

"Oh, Bitch Bitch Bitch..."

-Grandpa Simpson

And it's pwetty to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

They need to shoot out bundle packs, i could be tempted.

Agree with Ghostkiller, it's not about which company is developing what, it's the final product we are bitching about.

Why, i remember Y brand trying to bring out the 1/100 VF-0S, we bitched hard, and they re-thought their mistakes, whislt the 25 DX is no way that cailbur of crap, essentially it's the same d.

NugundamII your bandai's bitch. :lol:

NugundamII your bandai's bitch. laugh.gif

thats right thats why I own a bunch of yamato crap

and why im buying their patlabor which is by way of price far more superior than any of their valks and it has diecast

All I am saying is that if you have never seen the show and only saw the toy people here will be saying more positive things. I dont expect every toy to be perfect and it never is. How could it be. I now own almost every PG Gundam and dam they are nice and can be classified as art only to those that see it that way(People that have expensive china or paintings would see us as childish regardless as this things are TOYS) but its way off from perfect as certain joints wont move in a certain way or balance issues can be a problem and even how pieces may not fit in a certain way. Its the way it is. But if you dont hate bandai but hate the toy dont buy it. I for one will. it WILL look nice with the Yammie valks and when those years pass I will ebay the thing for 600 when those that turned it up will be looking for their very own as I understand Bandai has the license for a long time

I'm not about being anti-Bandai. I'm bitching because Bandai isn't putting out their A-game on the 1/60 VF-25. Bandai makes some good stuff, but they didn't go 100%, not even 80% on this toy. Hell, as David Hingtgen pointed out, they're going half assed on the parts for the VF-25 toys, explaining the lack of neck on the VF-25S.

Both sides keep throwing in Bandai to praise or trash. One side throws in how much nicer appearances the Yamato valkyries have, while the other side counters with QC and engineering problems.

People are already praising its durability when it's not even out yet.

It doesn't capture the essence of the VF-25.

additon: yes, it's that bad. It's freaking pulling its head into its chest. That VF-25S is trying hard to be a turtle.

Edited by Sumdumgai

come oooooooooooooooooooooon Admit its NOT THAT BAD!!!!!

Actually with those pics right there, that looks pretty good... I've never been one to care about accuracy to the show, I'm not looking for perfection... perhaps it helps that I am not a hardcore collector. I do like the show though, and I love the VF-25. It may not be spot on with the CGI model, but damn if that thing doesn't look pretty decent in its own right. The gaps and stuff don't bother me, Masterpiece Starscream has tons of gaps and stuff like that and I love that in my collection. You know, I think this can do just fine.

Think I might wait for the Mikhail w/ Fast pack release though, not sure... when is that one coming out? If I do that I could get the Ozma model, not sure yet...

Edited by Master Dex

Actually with those pics right there, that looks pretty good... I've never been one to care about accuracy to the show, I'm not looking for perfection... perhaps it helps that I am not a hardcore collector. I do like the show though, and I love the VF-25. It may not be spot on with the CGI model, but damn if that thing doesn't look pretty decent in its own right. The gaps and stuff don't bother me, Masterpiece Starscream has tons of gaps and stuff like that and I love that in my collection. You know, I think this can do just fine.

Think I might wait for the Mikhail w/ Fast pack release though, not sure... when is that one coming out? If I do that I could get the Ozma model, not sure yet...

and thats what I have been trying to convey all along. I dont know any high end toy thats 100% perfect. and people have a choice buy it dont buy it

Could bandai do better sure so could yamato and so could taktomy but boy it looks sweet. I really am looking past the very minor flaws and enjoying this piece the more I see it

I too will wait for Mikhail as I love that dam snipe gun. I think this one will have the super strike parts available for it later.

I just hope they dont release it with the plane that would piss me off

Edited by nugundamII

Teenages with a Half Shell... TURTLE POWER! :p

peh Nah it's not lilke spastic bad, in fact when an if they bring out the armour pack with Ozmas' 25 i'll probably get it, in fact i was always going pick up the first

release, that's until we got wind of the fast packs being released from their onlline website only! And here i thought yamato was only capable of that gayness...

and then castor wheels.... and gaps, and line art in-acurracies in all 3 modes. I'm more pissed off for the fact thta if bandai were to do a "updated" version, they would stray

from the 1/60 scale, and then that would interfere with my in-scale stuff... i doubt very much they would take it up to 1/48. Would be cool though. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

According to the pics

all the gaps will help to fit the hinges of a FULL covering armor set making the fighter mode looking like a potatoe :p

A FLYING POTATOE !!!!

oups sorry it is me bitching again

more seriously I agree that Bandai did not put a lot of effort into the design

It could have been much better

we all know they could have done better !

an easy fix for the gaps on the nose will be for them to include magnets !!

like on the SV-51 nose

;)

Teenages with a Half Shell... TURTLE POWER! :p

peh Nah it's not lilke spastic bad, in fact when an if they bring out the armour pack with Ozmas' 25 i'll probably get it, in fact i was always going pick up the first

release, that's until we got wind of the fast packs being released from their onlline website only! An d here i thought yamato was only capable of that gayness...

and then castor wheels.... and gaps, and line art in-acurracies in all 3 modes.

you need a women

and by that a real one whinning about a dam toy holy &^%$

According to the pics

all the gaps will help to fit the hinges of a FULL covering armor set making the fighter mode looking like a potatoe :p

A FLYING POTATOE !!!!

oups sorry it is me bitching again

more seriously I agree that Bandai did not put a lot of effort into the design

It could have been much better

we all know they could have done better !

an easy fix for the gaps on the nose will be for them to include magnets !!

like on the SV-51 nose

;)

wah wah get the kid a pacifier

Masterpiece Starscream has tons of gaps and stuff like that and I love that in my collection. You know, I think this can do just fine.

That Starscream also has asstastic landing gear and you know what? I still like that toy a great deal. I even like the movie starscream toy a great deal.

I do agree with you, the toy can do just fine.

We are mainly going off of

1-Bandai's track record of durability which is more hit than miss, unlike Yamato which is miss a bunch of times.

2-The staff at GA graphic already handled the test shots and said it was sturdy and not floppy at all.

I don't mind the bandai vf-25 one bit. The problem is the VF-25 battroid just looks butt ugly! Really dont understand why the wings fold straight back like that, not very streamlined. But I'll buy them, they'll just be displayed in fighter...

I'm posting the DX photos on my workstation's desktop background...so I can stare at them...and hopefully convince myself to buy during these tough times. I'm in the verge of relinquishing my 1/48 scales for the dough, but it looks like a lot of peeps are dumping their collection to pay for necessities at home. Sucky times.

Knowing how the show ended, I'll settle for an Alto valkyrie cuz he sniped that bitch.

Same thing with Hikaru in DYRL when he unloaded on that green mofo with his VF-1S.

I think both Yamato and Bandai's got the resources & talent to produce excellent products...and they've been doing a great jobs with these valkyries (minus the weak materials used on certain places of each toy).

But I think for the coming years, Yamato or Bandai should focus on the posability of a figure at a 1/60 or 1/48 scale...and for the figure to stand by itself with fast packs!...and not fall down each time I bump the desk with my legs.

Hmm... sad, now that I have an actual job, I dunno if I want to buy the thing. :unsure:

I'll give them this, it looks like a VF-25. Unfortunately, it also looks like a flawed bootleg of what Bandai could actually put out. Even if the thing is utterly sturdy, and very detailed overall, it doesn't look like it for several reasons:

1- the legs don't fit right, making it look like the leg joints are floppy/drooping. Even if they're sturdy that way, it just looks wrong.

2- the nose is angled down too much, and doesn't match the original profile well, again, making it look like joints in the nose are just droopy and misaligned.

3- the landing gear are an utter and complete joke. Seriously, I think this is the worst part. There is no excuse for something that stupid looking when the rest of the plane is so detailed. The landing gear on a $6 toy I bought at Disneyland are 10x better than that, and they don't even roll. The least they could have done was put the tire on one side of the strut, rather than in the middle. <_<

I can understand the diecast, and a little proportionality difference overall.. but when they managed to make a model that keeps the shape of the plane so much better, it becomes obvious that they know it could be better, and just aren't changing it. I'm not even talking about how it moves or transforms.. the shape is just different. In the day of hand drawn animation I can understand that easily, but they've been working from computer drawings from the start. Shape should NOT be an issue, period.

That said... I may still get one eventually. I'll probably get a bunch of models too, but it'd be nice to have one sturdy one I don't have to worry about breaking. If it didn't cost so much, I'd customize the heck out of it in a heartbeat to fix the problems though.

Edit: You know, comparing that recent lineart for Luca's version with the line drawings in the 1/72 kit instructions... I seriously wonder if they just somehow managed to mount the nosecone upside down. :blink:

noseflip.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm not about being anti-Bandai. I'm bitching because Bandai isn't putting out their A-game on the 1/60 VF-25. Bandai makes some good stuff, but they didn't go 100%, not even 80% on this toy. Hell, as David Hingtgen pointed out, they're going half assed on the parts for the VF-25 toys, explaining the lack of neck on the VF-25S.

Both sides keep throwing in Bandai to praise or trash. One side throws in how much nicer appearances the Yamato valkyries have, while the other side counters with QC and engineering problems.

It doesn't capture the essence of the VF-25.

additon: yes, it's that bad. It's freaking pulling its head into its chest. That VF-25S is trying hard to be a turtle.

you're entitled to you're own opinion, and I have no problem with that, but if I hear the word "A-game" thrown around here one more time I'm going to throw a F*cking chair out a window.

A-game. :ph34r:

I think the b*tching was never about the manufacturer, and more about the toy. Most probably don't care whether B or Y made this. Its got its problems. If you can live with them buy them, if not, pass.