Official Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.2

Graham

Kudos to Bandai for offering the Super Packs as seperate items for the model kits. Never in a million years would I have imagined them doing that, given their track record with kit releases.

Now as long as they don't make them webshop exclusives, or some such stupid thing, like they are doing with the Super Packs for the DX toys.

Graham

Agreed. I wonder how unfriendly the Super Pack will be to the applied paint/decals on the VF-25.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Awesome work on those panel lines! :D Looks great!

Here's my Ozuma trying to be the 1/60 DX...

bandaivf25s_ozuma_dx_propor.jpg

That's priceless!! :lol: Still can't fathom why anyone thinks THAT looks better than the anime version. :wacko:

Chris

That's priceless!! :lol: Still can't fathom why anyone thinks THAT looks better than the anime version. :wacko:

Chris

Neither can I.

Guess some people just like, stubby and chunky.

Oh well, the more chubby chasers there are, the more of the slim sexy ones are left for me.

errr...............now what were we talking about again?

Graham

the lines got blurred I can't remember.

Man, those super packs......sticker galore....I'd buy 'em but man i would be bitchy as hell for a week after putting all that stuff on them, I'd probably screw up on them too.

Mmm.... sexy... right guys? Right?

Emaciated.jpg

Right?

... because if you're going to be so ridiculous as to equate liking the proportions of a toy with sexual preferences, it may as well go both ways, right? How do you have sex with your women without breaking them, anyway? That must be tough.

Back on topic, I'm happy to see that Bandai is actually releasing the packs as standalones. It gives me hope for Super Armor in the future, both in the kits and on the DX toy versions.

LOL! :rolleyes: You guys take this DX thing so freaking serious. LOL! It's sad really.

One last time.. "IT'S A TOY!!!!!!" Chill out

Chris

Edited by Dobber

It's funny, I was thinking I could say the same thing to most of you :lol:

Seriously though. Model thread. Model talk!

lol, it's all good :)

Anyone know when the stands are supposed to be released? Is it in Feb when the Lucca RVF-25 is released?

Sure you used the right neck piece?

There is a wrong neck piece? I only saw one. Nonetheless I think it is constructed properly.

Are you sure you pushed the chestplate all the way down and the neck piece all the way up? Maybe the neck swing bar isn't pushed all the way up.

The chest plate is all the way down... maybe it is just my imagination, just compared to some pictures of the model the head on mine looks to be shorter (albeit not as short as the DX like in the joke pic OmegaD3K posted). I find it strange how much the neck stretches up as I haven't had a reason beyond apply head stickers for the neck to move up as far as it does. Maybe I'll take a picture and see if anyone thinks it is strange looking.

Promotional campaign starting in January in which customers who buy a VF-25 kit can get the Sheryl decal (probably for free).

Thanks! Sounds like February would be the best time to order a full set of fighter + fast pack + stand from Japan.

I wonder if online store like OD can get those Sheryl decal?

In my last order from hwjapan, the MG Zaku 2.0 comes in a thicker box and includes some promo item like the one base piece of action base in trans-green.

Thanks! Sounds like February would be the best time to order a full set of fighter + fast pack + stand from Japan.

In my last order from hwjapan, the MG Zaku 2.0 comes in a thicker box and includes some promo item like the one base piece of action base in trans-green.

That awesome! Now that should get me justified on 2 Alto set lol (1 normal and one Sheryl)

Ok, following up from my last post here is a close up pic of my VF-25S battroid head (the resolution isn't the best but you can see it) so tell me if it looks correct or if I was just imagining a turtle head before... however I must say it looks better now than I remember but it may have just grown on me.

Untitled__0001.jpg

these kits are awesome. i love the qc, poseability, and the fact that it is snap-fit and still transformable. i will definitely get a vf-171 and vf-27 if they come out.

Mmm.... sexy... right guys? Right?

Emaciated.jpg

Right?

... because if you're going to be so ridiculous as to equate liking the proportions of a toy with sexual preferences, it may as well go both ways, right? How do you have sex with your women without breaking them, anyway? That must be tough.

Back on topic, I'm happy to see that Bandai is actually releasing the packs as standalones. It gives me hope for Super Armor in the future, both in the kits and on the DX toy versions.

Yeah, going to the extreme. Typical.

srue.jpg

How many would actually prefer the fat one??

Is that something coming out, or just a custom someone put together using as many decals as humanly possible? I'd be interested in getting that for all the different fun decals... you could make a neato Ranka-guard valk and have a ton of useful decals leftover, like the Monster Girl noseart which doesn't belong on the Vf-25 anyway.

Okay, since these kits are a little pricey, what place is selling them the cheapest now that the US dollar sucks donkey ba**s compared to the Yen? I'm really not super interested in Alto's, but I'd like to get Michael and Luca and the Super/Armored upgrade kits (I assume there will eventually be an Armored upgrade kit like there is for the Super). I've considered getting an Alto just for the Armored version b/c Luca has a radar thing and Ghosts and I'm gonna make Michael's into the Super variant no doubt. That's at least $150-ish all total for Luca, Michael, and the super parts unless someone knows a cheap place to get them.

Edit: Also forgot to ask if anywhere has a good review of the Alto model's durability now that it's been out for a little while. Are there any known fixes implemented in the newer models planned?

Edited by protostar8

That custom VF-25S with all the Ranka decals looks like a flying billboard! This beats the Mini Cooper in the variety of personal mods.

What will be cool is to see Alto's VF-25 painted in the original Hikaru Macross:SDF TV color scheme with the UN Spacy kite and markings. Sort of like a retro redo. :D