Official Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.2

Graham

Im not sure if anyone has realised this but I would like to point out what i think is going to be a major problem for the armored pack. if u look at the bulky legs of the VF and compare that to the way the fuselage all fits together you should notice that there isnt enough space for the additional girth of the legs to fit properly in fighter mode as the current and super pack variation manges to avoid applying bulk to the insides of the legs which meets with the arms. some food for thought maybe? it would take some serious engineering or we could just be fed an ill fitting kit lawl.

This can be solved the way it is solved with any other valk since the VF-1-- re-position the leg joints (you gotta look at the VF-1 to understand how it works)

SDF-ONE: Thanks for the pics! I'm gonna check with the person I bought the VF-25F clear from then.

Im not sure if anyone has realised this but I would like to point out what i think is going to be a major problem for the armored pack. if u look at the bulky legs of the VF and compare that to the way the fuselage all fits together you should notice that there isnt enough space for the additional girth of the legs to fit properly in fighter mode as the current and super pack variation manges to avoid applying bulk to the insides of the legs which meets with the arms. some food for thought maybe? it would take some serious engineering or we could just be fed an ill fitting kit lawl.

I'm sure Bandai will pull through. Where there is a will, there is a way. The show worked with 3D cg models that didn't clip, so it should be possible.

I am starting to question the same thing. The decal seems to be included on several auctions on yahoo.co.jp, but it is never seen in the box. Could it be that it is given separately with the kit? See attached picture. In that case unscrupulous sellers might sell it off separately. :angry:

On a positive note, here are some pictures I found on an auction and from Gespenst.

I believe it was 'store front' give away 'pack-in' deals. So it was NOT in the box, but you get it at the store.

a pair of clear VF-25s arrived today and dissapointingly, neither of them had the sheryl decals. guess i'll have to chase the seller.

on a positive note, the plastic does not seem to be brittle. what i noticed too, is that some parts are matte clear (like the wings) while others are glossy clear. i'm not sure if that was by design, and if so, that should make for a nice, interesting effect, but will probably be too subtle to come out in photos.

there's one on ebay right now. but at that asking price, i wouldn't recommend it unless your desperate. that's just a little under what i paid for the two VFs including shipping.

got the first at yahoo auctions japan through a friend who lives there. the second i bought myself at amazon jp but also shipped to her address, thereafter the pair was sent together to me. though i haven't seen any sellers at those 2 sites shipping internationally, one might eventually pop up. they don't seem as limited as i thought (quite a number of auctions happening simultaneously), so you probably have some time to look around or wait for a more reasonable ebay auction.

Edited by Major Focker

I noticed that in order to make the Super Parts fit in fighter mode the VF simply does not have its legs all the way up. See attached picture.

post-6333-1233942365_thumb.jpg

FYI

Amiami still offfer Sheyrl decal ver.

VF-25S Super pack ver.

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/114890

VF-25G

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/114891

Edwin go go go~~~~

Haha thanks dude I got my VF-25F w/Sheryl decals through Tokyohunter so I'm all good, thanks :)

SDF-ONE: That's pretty much how it is with every valk out there.

Edited by edwin3060

that pretty much seems about right about the legs with the armor. similar to the original vf-1 that has to have its legs bent to fit the armor.

I haven't noticed that the legs would be lowered in the other pics thanks for letting me know. I'm still not very sure if that would create enough room for the armor on the inside cos of the folded arms but thanks for this nice info lawl I feel so dumb now for not noticing the changes with the super pack b4.

Adding the armored pack wouldn´t damage the decals/stickers? Anyone knows how are they attached to the model (pegs, magnets...)?

Thanks

actually,yes there is a chance that would damage the decals even if the kit was coated by clear coat and that's why you should have to remove some parts of the kit and place the armored pack.

Edited by bonizuka

All i have to say is that the 1/72 all look so good. I had finished my VF-25S and even with my limited modeling skills it still looks great. However the amount of work i put into it makes me not want to invest in the other 1/72s. Maybe I'll just stick with the 1/100s. Ahh decisions decisions decisions. =)

According to the fan (Uchiwa?), the decals are a free gift from some event (probably requires registering and a lucky draw).

They do not come with any kit.

The clear kit is just a clear kit without any Sheryl decals.

In other words, the Sheryl decals are just limited items by themselves.

Also, technically speaking, they're not for sale :lol:

Just in case any of you are interested in what's in the clear kit, here's what the kit comes with.

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f76281551

Hope this clears up some stuff.

Maybe two different versions are correct... :wacko:

Its only a supposition:

All february releases includes new decals but this decals are distributed to "exclusives" shops only(for example HK market), then some shops sell it appart, other shops includes decals on every kit, other makes special offers...

If rumour of Cathy decals are correct, all VF-25 will have its own decals (Nanase and KlanKlan im waiting for you!)

Edited by alfye

Ok. I'm starting to prepare myself for the VF-25S 1/72. I don't have it yet, but it will probably be mine by March/April.

At this stage, I am going to want to do two things: a) buy materials, b) start practicing on a "simple" kit.

My simple kit is going to be Getter 1 from Bandai's Mechanic Collection line. I always loved Getter 1, and I have the SOC version and the Revoltech - and I won't mind building a couple of MC kits as well and practicing painting on them.

I'm going to want to do a few variations. Maybe weathered Getter 1 - whatever - "go wild" - get the hang of it and such...(of painting)...

I'm now going to go shopping for some paint.

It's pretty easy to shop for Getter 1 paint. RED. YELLOW. WHITE.

However - can you guys tell me what colors I need for Ozma? I mean - something more specific than just "grey"

Can I choose gun metal and the like?

That is - it won't matter what shade of grey I choose will it? If my gray paint doesn't match up to the factory painted part from Bandai - that's not going to cause a problem is it?

Sorry for the uber-newbie questions. Hope someone can fill me in :)

Thanks,

Pete

Another noob question:

Clear coat, yes or not?

I´ve clear coated one of the yamatos with mr. super clear flat , and the results are superbs... the plastic appear to be not plastic, more real and less toy. But in the friction points, the coat pills off and became white dusty areas... so, now I´m paneling my bandai vf-25s, TOTALLY OWNED by the massive detail...

Must clear coat?

If yes, when is the proper time to do it?

Decals or stickers?

Thanks