Eh, anyone having problems with the Swap Magic?

HG Blows

Hello, as I imagine a lot of us playin the new Macross game in the US is using those swap magic disks. Anyways, does it always load up for you? Mine doesnt. Sometimes it works, other times i get "Please insert PS2 format disk," or sometimes it recognizes the disk but doesnt boot it, and most of the time it doesnt recognize it at all. Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks.

i havent had any problems with the swap magic disks..but i have version 2.0 there is a new 3.0 version out but i dot think they would release it if didnt work....ummm i would sugest making sure the disk is scratch free and free of dust....or i guess you could try to clean the lens on your ps2....sorry i couldnt be of better help but i hope this imformation helps....

I also have version 2 and have had no problems, it boots up every time.

how are you switching the discs? are you using the slide card or the flip-top?

if you're getting that message, I think you are tripping the eject button which tells the PS2 to start over and look for a US disc.

Are you following the correct procedures?

It took me a couple of times to "perfect" the slide method.

1. Boot the Swap Disc (mine was v2.0 DVD-R)

2. When you see the PLEASE INSERT DISC screen you need to use the SLIDE PIECE to manually eject the tray (don't hit the EJECT button).

-Remember to go left to right using the slide piece.

-You'll notice the slide piece catch the tray knob when moving from left to right.

-The tray should come out easily now.......

3. That is when you insert the IMPORT game disc into the tray and manually push it back in.

-REMEMBER! After you do this you HAVE to use the Slide piece again to lock the tray in position.

-You need to move the slide piece from left to right (and let it catch the knob) and finally back to the LEFT.

4. Wait a couple of seconds then hit the X button on the controller. If it read correctly you'll see a BLUE outline on the screen.......if it doesn't read correctly you'll see a PINK outline on the screen.

Sorry for the long explanation but it's really easy once you get the hang of it. :(

I've got the flip top lid. Maybe its my disk then, I dunno. All I know is, I've gotten it to work three times out of like ten tries, and it never booted on the first try. I have to put my playstation in standby, take the disk out, put it back in, and then it'll work on the 2, 3, 4,...,nth time. I doubt the Frank and Sons dude will exchange my disk too, damn.

I heard something somewhere about a bad run of the version 2 discs that don't work all the time.. I'm betting you got one of them. Mine work great. So good infact that I decided to scrap the slide card and get the fliptop with out disks for $20.

Anyone need a slide card minus the disks?