The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

I paid about $206 shipped from Ami Ami a few months back.

IIRC that was the lowest price around.

oh well, bad timing, anniversary is coming up soon. I'm sure it'll make it into more sales sooner or later.

oh well, bad timing, anniversary is coming up soon. I'm sure it'll make it into more sales sooner or later.

I think this clearance sale (from many webshops for other items I might add) is to do with the peculiar Japanese tax system. Companies that cannot clear their last year's inventory have to pay a tax on these unsold items. The rationale is to prevent wastage.

That's why there's usually plenty of clearance sales during the Feb/Mar period from Japanese producers. :)

Edited by blacklotus

Hard to pass up at that price......so I didn't. Shipping was a MF though. $5400 yen. So I still ended up paying around $150US.......ARGH! :( That's almost as much as the toy! :mellow: Oh well I will finally have it now though.

This is getting to be an expensive month. First the HLJ sale where I finally ordered a Nora at around $80 (and the MG Unicorn Gundam.....mmmmm sacrilegious! :lol: )and now this. Thank god I'm getting a nice income tax check next week! :lol:

Edited by logos

Argh. Got mine at HLJ (been out of the loop, didn't know about AmiAmi's wonder prices then). Still, hard for me to be too upset given how awesome the toy is. I'm hoping the sale prices are because a movie version is immanent and not because it's selling poorly. Would be a crime if that were the case. Such a fantastic toy. Would love to see some New Macross class ships, and a couple SDF-1 (both versions) toys come out.

hey, would anyone here who got a copy of the little concept art book with there quarter be willing to do a high res scan of these pages from it?

post-4286-1267964489_thumb.jpg

many thanks and much appreciation in advance. ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

hey, would anyone here who got a copy of the little concept art book with there quarter be willing to do a high res scan of these pages from it?

post-4286-1267964489_thumb.jpg

many thanks and much appreciation in advance. ^_^

Sure thing.

But you have to go to the meet on the 20th. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine yesterday from the Hobby Search blowout sale. Ship mode is a floppy mess that the stand makes look ok but the battroid mode is just awesome! I'd go so far to say that I like it better than my VF-27 and Is my favorite macross toy since the purchase of my VF-11B.

Can anyone tell me what this gimmick represents? When you push the "bayonet" back these pop out...

IMG_0279.jpg

Edited by logos

I think that's the "daedalus attack" maneuver that the instructions and box reference, doors that open up with Cheyenne's to shoot up the inside of an enemy vessel. I think one of the big Vajra gets killed by this at one point in the show.

It's been a long time since the show came out... I watched them as they aired, I don't think you can really fault me for not remembering every battle.

Thanks Jenius. ^_^ Oh and UNSPACY....... :p ....... I haven't watch the show since it first air and unlike the original Macross. Sorry I am not a big enough Macross Fan boy for you, I was just asking a simple question. :lol:

Anyway that's cool and I don't remember it at all. Guess I will have to go episode hunting tonight and see if I can find it.

Edited by logos

Thanks Jenius. ^_^ Oh and UNSPACY....... :p ....... I haven't watch the show since it first air and unlike the original Macross. Sorry I am not a big enough Macross Fan boy for you, I was just asking a simple question. :lol:

Anyway that's cool and I don't remember it at all. Guess I will have to go episode hunting tonight and see if I can find it.

Ep 25, about 2/3's in Quarter does the macross attack on Battle Galaxy's main gun.

not sure if this has been posted, yet, but collectiondx has their review up already:

http://www.collectiondx.com/review/chogokin/macross_quarter

:lol:

Clearly they're just too week-minded to comprehend the sheer AWESOME and GAR!!!TM of the quarter. :p

All this exacting detail creates very sharp corners around areas you need to grip to transform. Leading to sticking yourself, possibly drawing blood and generally pissing you off before you finish.

they're also clearly 3 year-old's who can't handle anything that isn't child safe. :rolleyes:

Methinks someone else could better have reviewed that toy - obviously the writer thinks it sucks mostly due to folding in the middle in ship mode (like the SOC Irongear) and having lots of little sharp corners (like, oh, most of Bandai's collectors' items). :|

I dunno, floppy, poor joint type selection and placement, lack of finish associated with high end toy, they seem like valid complaints to me, keep in mind he paid full price and not the 140$ a lot of you paid who picked it up either on clearance or pre-order discount.

I dunno, floppy, poor joint type selection and placement, lack of finish associated with high end toy, they seem like valid complaints to me, keep in mind he paid full price and not the 140$ a lot of you paid who picked it up either on clearance or pre-order discount.

Didnt he get it for free or some huge discount, he is sponsored by Angolz, unless he is plugging them for free.

Didnt he get it for free or some huge discount, he is sponsored by Angolz, unless he is plugging them for free.

I dunno, but he brings up the 200$ price point over and over again in his review.

I think *macross* only fans have a much higher tolerance for high price points than general mecha fans because we're used to Yamato's prices. And for old timers, even those prices seem affordable because they were collecting the vintage chunkies for a grand a pop.

You're funny.

What's wrong, couldn't understand the review? Does google not have a free english to troll translator plugin for chrome yet?

Edited by eugimon

I think the main point that the toy doesn't really work in cruiser mode is a totally valid and fair criticism. It's true, you do have to leave it on the cradle from the stand to really get anything out of that mode which is lame. If I bought the thing thinking I could woosh it around in cruiser mode I'd have been super sad (and it sounds like that's what the reviewer did). Perhaps I was a bit easier on the toy because I blamed some of that weakness on Kawamori's design of cruiser mode which has the vehicle splayed totally out... it seems Bandai would have had to (and perhaps should have) included some joint supports that wouldn't have been anime accurate to help that mode out. I'm happy to see someone out there putting up a review that is disimilar to mine so people can see two sides to the coin. I still love my DX Quarter, the finish on mine is great, I think I spent like $175... and I've never even come close to hurting myself on it.