The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

There is hope Macross quarter owners that had package shipped on the 22nd, after a long ass 2 week flight my Macross Quarter finally arrives in the US!!

Class: Express Mail International®

Your item arrived in the United States in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 7:34 PM on January 6, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Inbound International Arrival, January 06, 2010, 7:34 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Foreign International Dispatch, December 22, 2009, 2:45 am, TOKYO INT D, JAPAN

Foreign Acceptance, December 21, 2009, 5:47 pm, JAPAN

Edited by anubis20

There is hope Macross quarter owners that had package shipped on the 22nd, after a long ass 2 week flight my Macross Quarter finally arrives in the US!!

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked mine on the USPS site and it says the same thing.

Hopefully It will arrive either tomorrow or the day after. I wonder if it's possible to get a partial shipping refund from the japan post since our packages were sitting around in Japan for 2 weeks not going anywhere.

finally got my MQ this morning. it was at the post office since last week, but for some reason the postman didn't bother leaving any notice or perhaps they didn't even try to deliver. fortunately i had a tracking number and was able to get them to deliver it. used to think singapore post was uber efficient but this is now the second time this has happened.

anyway, it's a nice toy. very pleased the color is nowhere near as light as i feared, even in daylight. under room lighting the colors are nicely subdued, even the greens on the flight deck. still, if a darker recolor comes out, i'll pick up another one to keep in cruiser mode.

no bent deck guns or antennas. only the little vajra's cannon was slightly deformed but that's forgivable. the shoulders are very tight; definitely not for the weak-willed. in contrast, the hip/leg joints are just the right tightness; easy to pose but stiff enough to hold the pose despite the weight of the legs, even if dangling from the stand. wish it was the same for the alto ex-gear.

opening up the gun was tricky at first. i thought it was unnecessarily tight but then realized that i was actually holding down the gun parts that i was trying to open. suggest to hold the gun at the very back end and opening it shouldn't be a problem.

the macross attack gimmick was cool too, as were the articulated hands. i'm wondering though why i got 2 sets of articulated hands. i imagine one set should've been fixed posed.

definitely glad i didn't cancel this pre-order.

Picked up my Quarter from the PO this morning as well. I really like the sculpt. It seems sufficiently detailed to me and the colors are acceptable. Most of the joints are pretty tight, though the joint that connects the bicep/tricep area to the shoulder could be tighter. They just kind of swing around under the weight of the gun and deck if you tilt the Quarter to the side. By contrast, the joint that allows you to move the arm up and down from the shoulder requires herculean strength to move and I was afraid I would break the shoulder.

Some of the turrets were bent, but I tried to the hair dryer trick to straighten them out. My main gripe is the main cannon is crooked when opened. The top two prongs are off center from the bottom prong and are offset to the left. No amount of manipulating on my part could set it straight so I'll just leave it displayed in the closed position.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with it.

With a bit of panel lining, wash, and shading here and there, it looks magnitudes better than the DX VF-25's.

post-10222-1263078163_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1263078168_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1263078172_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1263078178_thumb.jpg

Picked up my Quarter from the PO this morning as well. I really like the sculpt. It seems sufficiently detailed to me and the colors are acceptable. Most of the joints are pretty tight, though the joint that connects the bicep/tricep area to the shoulder could be tighter. They just kind of swing around under the weight of the gun and deck if you tilt the Quarter to the side. By contrast, the joint that allows you to move the arm up and down from the shoulder requires herculean strength to move and I was afraid I would break the shoulder.

Some of the turrets were bent, but I tried to the hair dryer trick to straighten them out. My main gripe is the main cannon is crooked when opened. The top two prongs are off center from the bottom prong and are offset to the left. No amount of manipulating on my part could set it straight so I'll just leave it displayed in the closed position.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with it.

With a bit of panel lining, wash, and shading here and there, it looks magnitudes better than the DX VF-25's.

Nice pics!

These are some of the first that actually make me want to get the Quarter. Are they pre-panel line and wash pictures or is this a straight out-of-the-box DX?

-b.

Nice pics!

These are some of the first that actually make me want to get the Quarter. Are they pre-panel line and wash pictures or is this a straight out-of-the-box DX?

-b.

These pics were after I applied the panel lining and wash, plus some additional highlights using some blue from the tamiya weathering kit.

May be u can use a hair dryer to heat and reform the bent gun....

That's what I did and it worked out very well. A bunch of mine were bent inwards, so I heated them with a hair dryer til they got fairly soft and then held them in a straightened position and blew on them to cool them off. They remained straight after that.

finally got my MQ this morning. it was at the post office since last week, but for some reason the postman didn't bother leaving any notice or perhaps they didn't even try to deliver. fortunately i had a tracking number and was able to get them to deliver it. used to think singapore post was uber efficient but this is now the second time this has happened.

anyway, it's a nice toy. very pleased the color is nowhere near as light as i feared, even in daylight. under room lighting the colors are nicely subdued, even the greens on the flight deck. still, if a darker recolor comes out, i'll pick up another one to keep in cruiser mode.

no bent deck guns or antennas. only the little vajra's cannon was slightly deformed but that's forgivable. the shoulders are very tight; definitely not for the weak-willed. in contrast, the hip/leg joints are just the right tightness; easy to pose but stiff enough to hold the pose despite the weight of the legs, even if dangling from the stand. wish it was the same for the alto ex-gear.

opening up the gun was tricky at first. i thought it was unnecessarily tight but then realized that i was actually holding down the gun parts that i was trying to open. suggest to hold the gun at the very back end and opening it shouldn't be a problem.

the macross attack gimmick was cool too, as were the articulated hands. i'm wondering though why i got 2 sets of articulated hands. i imagine one set should've been fixed posed.

definitely glad i didn't cancel this pre-order.

Just want to say "Hi" to a fellow toy collector residing in Singapore. ^_^

Anyway, the notice may have been picked up by passers-by or swept away by the cleaning lady. I know I missed a few "Missed Delivery" notices some time ago. Luckily, I always checked online for my shipping and since most times I shipped via EMS, I have a tracking number (and insurance cover, just in case.). :)

Glad to see a great Macross Robot toy for once, without any serious/major defect. ^_^ I might just picked this up once my finances are in better shape.

Got mine a few days ago, anybody have problems with the waist joint? Mine was super, SUPER tight... It was a big pain in the ass to transform back and forth. Also one of my cannons was pretty bent, besides that I love this toy.

DSC06516.jpg

DSC06517.jpg

DSC06531.jpg

DSC06536.jpg

Bent cannon:

DSC06537.jpg

wow what a nice toy. Still holding myself back for a bit to hear if they will release a darker version. BTW who here has seen the Jan 2010 Dengeki scans of yammies giant sdf-1 wow amazing. If they can make the same colors for the Mac quarter that would make it 100% perfect

One thing...the hands look a little out of scale

Edited by nugundamII

I so want one of these....on the other hand I also want to get a better look at the movie version and see if there's any substantial improvements that a toy version might have. Argh. Decisions, decisions.

wow what a nice toy. Still holding myself back for a bit to hear if they will release a darker version. BTW who here has seen the Jan 2010 Dengeki scans of yammies giant sdf-1 wow amazing. If they can make the same colors for the Mac quarter that would make it 100% perfect

One thing...the hands look a little out of scale

Honestly, just get it. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it. It looks a lot more impressive in person and in three dimensions. From going through episodes of MF, the colors actually look to be about right after lighting has been taken into account. Also, if you want it darker, you can just display it in lower light conditions :p

post-10222-1263272137_thumb.jpg

Also, the hands look about right in size. It's supposed to have huge hands to hold the enormous gun and flight deck.

This screen cap from the last episode shows that the hand is pretty big.

post-10222-1263272263_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was kind of upset that the crusier mode cannot hold its shape without the stand. Never mind the arms not holding up the carrier and the gun, but the waist doesn't hold up the legs either. Are you guys experiencing this, or am I not transforming it right?

Broke down and ordered one this morning. I figure if a movie version comes out and I like it enough to get it, too, then I can display one in ship mode, and the other in attack mode. Besides, with the Yamato DYRL Macross priced well beyond what I'm willing to pay I still need a Macross to add to my collection.

For anyone who has bought the Mac Quarter, who has the best price on this guy? The more I see it, the more this may have to be a purchase!! B))

Get it from ami ami.

Great Jiminy Jupiter's Radioactive Roving Rocket Squadrons! I just got mine today! This thing is utterly fantastic! It's freaking HUGE! Sure, standing upright it's slightly shorter than the Matchbox/Takutoku SDF-1 Macross, but the cannon and flight deck add a lot more mass to this toy. Utterly phenomenal! Detail is great! Dear Lord I so want someone, anyone, to make a DYRL style Macross this quality.I'm still a bit depressed about the Yamato SDF-1 costing a ridiculous amount of money, but if they released one this size, for a comparable amount of money I'd be in mecha heaven.

It's not perfect. Like everyone already knows, it cannot hold it's shape in cruiser mode on its own. I'd be a lot more upset about that if I liked the cruiser mode all that much, but I'm pretty much keeping this guy in attack mode.

Also, the giant radar behind the bridge is a solid, molded piece. The radar bit cannot be rotated at all, it's stuck in the "stored" position. Again, I'd be much more annoyed if I planned on keeping the Quarter in carrier mode for any length of time.

Unexpected awesomeness! It can actually hold up both the Macross cannon and the flight deck! I wonder how long that will last? Hopefully a good long time, it looks awesome in the classic Macross pose.

Bloody brilliant! I'm so insanely happy with this thing. It's marvelous! When are we getting Battle Frontier?

Edited by Radd

Great Jiminy Jupiter's Radioactive Roving Rocket Squadrons! I just got mine today! This thing is utterly fantastic! It's freaking HUGE! Sure, standing upright it's slightly shorter than the Matchbox/Takutoku SDF-1 Macross, but the cannon and flight deck add a lot more mass to this toy. Utterly phenomenal! Detail is great! Dear Lord I so want someone, anyone, to make a DYRL style Macross this quality.I'm still a bit depressed about the Yamato SDF-1 costing a ridiculous amount of money, but if they released one this size, for a comparable amount of money I'd be in mecha heaven.

It's not perfect. Like everyone already knows, it cannot hold it's shape in cruiser mode on its own. I'd be a lot more upset about that if I liked the cruiser mode all that much, but I'm pretty much keeping this guy in attack mode.

Also, the giant radar behind the bridge is a solid, molded piece. The radar bit cannot be rotated at all, it's stuck in the "stored" position. Again, I'd be much more annoyed if I planned on keeping the Quarter in carrier mode for any length of time.

Unexpected awesomeness! It can actually hold up both the Macross cannon and the flight deck! I wonder how long that will last? Hopefully a good long time, it looks awesome in the classic Macross pose.

Bloody brilliant! I'm so insanely happy with this thing. It's marvelous! When are we getting Battle Frontier?

Totally agree with what you say about this Quarter, it is an excellent toy with some minor issue.

Also truth about SDF-1. Yamato really mess people up big time about their ridiculous expensive SDF-1 (kit).

If only Bandai produce a SDF-1 toy with the same quality, details, size and price point as this Quarter. It will probably become the best toy in Macross history!

All the positive reviews and amiami's 25% off on the Mac-Q coupled with their 1/2 off international shipping finally made me pull the trigger on this bad boy... ordered myself one and got the payment request today. Under $195.00 with EMS shipping (too large to qualify for Registered SAL, according to them) is at least $20.00 less than anywhere else; and with EMS I should be getting the thing within about a week's time. I'll soon be able to see what all the fuss is about.

Just got mine in from Ami Ami today. I'm in love!! What a great piece! Totally 100% worth the price, even if I had paid the "full" price at HLJ. Just an awesome piece.

It's a little fiddly and it's not "swooshable" in cruiser mode, but who cares? It's huge and it looks awesome.

Though, I do prefer removing the head when it's in cruiser mode. Looks much better that way *ducks flames*

All the positive reviews and amiami's 25% off on the Mac-Q coupled with their 1/2 off international shipping finally made me pull the trigger on this bad boy... ordered myself one and got the payment request today. Under $195.00 with EMS shipping (too large to qualify for Registered SAL, according to them) is at least $20.00 less than anywhere else; and with EMS I should be getting the thing within about a week's time. I'll soon be able to see what all the fuss is about.

Did the same and also bought the 1/60 VE-1, SOC GX-49 and the EX Gear Alto at the same time. Their pricing is really hard to beat, especially with 50% off EMS shipping. Stuff should be here tomorrow, so 5 days to ship from the moment I paid, pretty fast!

EDIT: I checked with BBTS, and I would have paid more than $300 MORE for the same order, not even counting customs. How about that!

Edited by Dr. Z

Did the same and also bought the 1/60 VE-1, SOC GX-49 and the EX Gear Alto at the same time. Their pricing is really hard to beat, especially with 50% off EMS shipping. Stuff should be here tomorrow, so 5 days to ship from the moment I paid, pretty fast!

EDIT: I checked with BBTS, and I would have paid more than $300 MORE for the same order, not even counting customs. How about that!

I just bought my Quarter from them this morning, and am waiting for the VF-27 to come due.